Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Endgame" ideas and suggestions.

(XBOX)Maszy

Hello DE.

I have seen countless youtube videos regarding the fact that the "endgame" of warframe is non-existent and I decided to make a couple of humble suggestions as a player, not a developer myself, and what i would like to see as an RPG lover for a long time now. 

My idea of "endgame" is random stats, much like the riven mods. The riven mods have had a huge success from what I can tell (at lest on the xbox servers) so I would like to suggest something along the lines of that and give a few example that might help kickstart creativity.

1. There are a LOT of warframes in the game now, some of them unpopular, but all of them have at least one mechanic that works. Vauban for example, is an unpopular frame, but we all agree that vortex and bastile are great skills, Atlas has a great hard CC with his petrify. The game has a TON of guns as well, what i'm saying is the variety of weapon and warframe can be used to introduce a new "Link" mechanic. "Link" (you can name it however) would give random stat amplifications to a specific gun and a warframe when used together. The stats HAVE to be random and the values have to be random as well, let's say from 10%-40% Power Range for Mag and 60% Multishot for Plinx when used together ( They might seem weak but you can play with the numbers).

2. These "Links" should, of course, be upgrade-able (but not re-rollable) by a currency that can be acquired by fusing kuva and endo together to form it ( You also have a fair share of currencies, no shame in re-using some for new ones) That would give life to arbitrations as well as kuva farming. Another idea about kuva runs is to scale the kuva harvesters in Taveuni with either time or capsules completed, and that should also be RNG based, let's say +3-9 kuva for every capsule used or +15 kuva on every capsule for every 5min milestone reached.

3. Now I could just say a 4-8 man raid in order to acquire those "Links" but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be an original suggestion. What I personally love in my RPG's are big bosses that take time and strategy to kill. A simple Tank and Spank boss would please your player base for a short while. So how about an endurance boss. You can have a whole acolyte squad or something like a hyena pack spawn in fortuna when the players take over all strongholds and survive an X amount of time of high level spawns ( 100- 150 ). When the bosses spawn, have them lock each player into a cage match of 1v1 thus restricting player to player revives (The boss's resistances and damage types should be different from each other and which of them each player gets, random). Once the bosses are down, every player will feel satisfied for doing their part. Only those who kill their 1v1 boss should acquire the "Link".

4. The "Links" could be something bad like Stug + Fire rate/ + 100% shields on Nidus or something decent or good like +Critical damage on Rubico / Power Duration on Chroma (once again values my vary). 

5. Arbitrations. I like the addition of Endo as a reward, but the reward pool is still lacking. I don't have an idea right now on how to improve it, but it really needs some additions, and tweeks. 

• Like 2

Once again, these are my ideas, and I have no clue of some or all of them are applicable or realistically possible to program. But I've seen what you're capable of DE. You are doing an amazing job on keeping me entertained for years. Almost everything that regard developing a game should be withing your abilities and your talented staff. 

Have Heaven or Hell mode where any attack kill the player and any Warframe Ability disable. Also Warframe and weapon will not have any benefit from Mod...

Just a suggestion anyways.... But I don't really like the idea of 'End game' TBH. Because End game would mean there are no improvement after that.... Unless you feature 'End game' everytime new things Patch into the game.

Edited by NocheLuz
typo

8 minutes ago, NocheLuz said:

Have Heaven or Hell mode where any attack kill the player and any Warframe Ability disable. Also Warframe and weapon will not have any benefit from Mod...

Just a suggestion anyways.... But I don't really like the idea of 'End game' TBH. Because End game would mean there are no improvement after that.... Unless you feature 'End game' everytime new things Patch into the game.

If you want this just unequip every mod you have and go Mot on void, nerfing a player to the ground wont make things fun at all, I think DE has a big way to go till they get to true Endgame status, many things in the game need a rework, Bosses, Raids, Operators, Dark Sectors, etc..., DE needs to first fix what they already have before adding more stuff.

• Like 2

Arbitration mobs should be compromised of every mini-boss in the game...from the Gustrag 3, the Stalker, Acolytes, Specters, Bursa, Sentients, to Zanuka..to the original Juggernaut and not that glorified Charger...nor the indestructible halloween variant...but, on the flip side...every reward should be in the rotations..from kuva, rivens, to arcanes and specter aura mods...

ill have to disagree with this thread.

we don't to be more powerful we already have rivens, a good squad with rivens and arcanes can go at-least for level 100-150 easily. all we need right now in my opinion is SCALING

scaling Survival Rewards.

Like in Kuva for instance, each completed siphon add 10% extra kuva and no we don't want more RNG in the game. and rng scaling is a hell no from me, imagine a squad doing 1 hour kuva survival and getting like 20k kuva. and another squad doing doing the same time and getting twice the amount , totally unfair and unneeded.

Same thing goes for arbitration each 10 mins you get 15% extra endo OR  a 3% Extra chance to get rare mods

I'd Also want to see the same thing happen with regular survival and defense missions . 

thats what endgame sounds to me harder content with better rewards.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

If you want this just unequip every mod you have and go Mot on void, nerfing a player to the ground wont make things fun at all, I think DE has a big way to go till they get to true Endgame status, many things in the game need a rework, Bosses, Raids, Operators, Dark Sectors, etc..., DE needs to first fix what they already have before adding more stuff.

You still don't died in 1 hit though :P....

But I do agree that most thing needed rework.

11 minutes ago, ShardYT said:

ill have to disagree with this thread.

we don't to be more powerful we already have rivens, a good squad with rivens and arcanes can go at-least for level 100-150 easily. all we need right now in my opinion is SCALING

scaling Survival Rewards.

Like in Kuva for instance, each completed siphon add 10% extra kuva and no we don't want more RNG in the game. and rng scaling is a hell no from me, imagine a squad doing 1 hour kuva survival and getting like 20k kuva. and another squad doing doing the same time and getting twice the amount , totally unfair and unneeded.

Same thing goes for arbitration each 10 mins you get 15% extra endo OR  a 3% Extra chance to get rare mods

I'd Also want to see the same thing happen with regular survival and defense missions . 

thats what endgame sounds to me harder content with better rewards.

That's all right, the purpose of the thread is to get the ideas out there, although harder content will come and getting stronger in order to go through it will always be a thing in my opinion. As for the Arbitrations, If you give everything to that reward pool, then there would be no reason to do anything else i believe. The porpose of the "Links" is to raise popularity of unpopular frames, just like the rivens did for weapons. And the RNG, I love to hate the RNGesus, and a lot of RPG players feel the same I suppose. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Maszy said:

That's all right, the purpose of the thread is to get the ideas out there, although harder content will come and getting stronger in order to go through it will always be a thing in my opinion. As for the Arbitrations, If you give everything to that reward pool, then there would be no reason to do anything else i believe. The porpose of the "Links" is to raise popularity of unpopular frames, just like the rivens did for weapons. And the RNG, I love to hate the RNGesus, and a lot of RPG players feel the same I suppose.�

I mean The i like the idea of Link, but its not endgame content . with it we ill have stronger setups and almost the same content that is easy specially if your not doing long period of endless. (which at the moment we don't have a reason to)

so id say we should get harder content first or making the current ones salable before we even seek to become more godly

• Like 2

7 hours ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

Playing non-endless missions (exterminate/spy) with no mods or weakly modded frame/weapon is actually fun. Enemies are stronger... way stronger, but at the same time game doesn't press the player by making him kill as much enemies in the unit of time or throwing hordes of enemies at the player. You can approach the situation with stealth and tactical gameplay and it kinda feels like... space ninja game 🙂

Anyway I agree, game really needs a serious rework and then to build atop of said rework. If they simply rush some "endgame content" on top of really bad scaling it will end up as lot of effort for really poo content.

8 hours ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

If you want this just unequip every mod you have and go Mot on void, nerfing a player to the ground wont make things fun at all,

Nerfing thing is not fun, but handicap yourself to gain difficulty? I know it might be subjectitve, but I want to fight the with all my power.

8 hours ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

As well as I agree on the fact that nerfing to the ground is a terrible idea, can we please stop using the "sabotage yourself to get challenge" argument?

It's just plain stupid that a player should sabotage his gameplay using terrible gear for the purpose of not cheesing ANY content. What is the sense of farming for hundred of hours to acquire the good gear then? 

We NEED content which gives the godly gear we farm a purpose. It's not our job to make an endgame, it's Dev Job and whatever argument you can bring up is just an excuse for a game design flaw.