The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons and frames standing gate locked

Celthric317

For the future of Warframe DE, please don't lock weapons and frames behind standing gates. 
I perfectly understand why orb heists are locked behind Old Mate standing, but to keep weapons like the Exergis locked behind that gate is rather irritating. 
The same goes for Garuda and Baruuk, I fail to see why they have to be locked behind the 2nd last standing (as goes for Garuda) in order to acquire them. 

Thanks. 

Edited by Celthric317

54 minutes ago, kingvaldemir said:

Warframe is a character so probably it's better if player can access it easily.

By that logic, shouldn't all Frames drop from the first, say, 3-4 planets?

Nah, it's totally fine to gradually gain access to more stuff as you progress further,
if you want something *now* then that's where the Plat buy option comes in.

34 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

By that logic, shouldn't all Frames drop from the first, say, 3-4 planets? 

Touche. Well, that's why I said arguable. Some might fine with it, some might get frustrated because the amount of grind it takes to unlock the character. Behind grind is fine, as long as it's still reasonable. The only frame that's a bit problematic is Baruk because he is behind both SU and Vox's rep grind. Does that mean it's bad then? Well, me personally is fine and probably for veterans that have consumed all the other content is fine too.

But for newbies that wanted to have that monk-ish fantasy gameplay will have to put a lot of grind and time to the game to have it, making a risk said player to get discouraged and give up. On the plus side though, it gives them something to do, so they have a lot of content ahead of them before they get burned out.

The reason why I think playable characters should be easily access is that, warframe has tons of content and it would be nice if players could play these content using character that suited their fantasy. That way, they can enjoy the game's content more instead of having the feeling of having to grind just to get said character. And when he does get it, he already passed those content.

Just my two cent. There are positive and negative aspect from both arguments. I'll just let DE decide what they think is best for their game.

7 hours ago, Celthric317 said:

For the future of Warframe DE, please don't lock weapons and frames behind standing gates. 

The game only has a future because you aren't able to get everything in the first handful of hours playing the game.

DE knows their game and their business better than you do.

8 hours ago, Celthric317 said:

You play a grinding game and expect not ti GRIND a frame or weapon? Even if you dont want it: buy it with plat. You can open relics getn something like a chroma prime set at a day and have half the plat for the frame or the plat for a weapon. There are other ways.