The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relic surplus conversion

(XBOX)Clutch ITIuffin

Hello, Tenno. To my knowledge this is nothing you can do with relics aside from opening them up via fissures. People who have played for a while have no doubt amassed a large amount of specific relics. I believe there should be a system in place to directly convert unopened relics to void traces. I have multiple relics that I have 50+ of and have no desire to open them for 15 ducats from a common component. Implementing this system would make also make void trace farming easier. I was thinking like 5-10 void traces would even be fair. You could also do a scaling system where Lith gives the least and Meso, neo, and axi give more.

What is everyone’s thoughts on this?

There is only one reason for relics: get prime parts or forma out of it. Also you can get a rare prime part from even a normal relic it is just like the word said rare.

We also dont need more void tracers. People already get stuff to ez and that would make a lot of things even easier to get.

I really dont like this idea as a hole. The relics are fine. Maybe it should be a little bit more interesting to open them instead of doing a normal missions with a few orokins. 

Edited by DerGreif2

10 hours ago, (XB1)Clutch ITIuffin said:

Seems a bit of a waste.   I mean, I would never use them for that.   Rather they seriously increase the limits on traces or just flat remove the limits.  That being said, not really against it either.   If someone would rather use them for traces rather than primes/ducats/forma then its their relic, don't see what not.

9 hours ago, DerGreif2 said:

This is a change that wouldn't affect players if they don't want it to.   I mean, if they want traces, and have the other stuff they want to do, it saves them a little time of not having to run a mission they don't need.   If it were to cost X amount of credits to transform them into traces, along with losing the chance of the mission/relic rewards.   I don't see why not.  I can think of other better uses, but as long as the cost/reward is appropriate it shouldn't be a big deal.   I mean, its just traces, which have a debatable factor on rewards to begin with.

10 hours ago, (XB1)Clutch ITIuffin said:

Hello, Tenno. To my knowledge this is nothing you can do with relics aside from opening them up via fissures. People who have played for a while have no doubt amassed a large amount of specific relics. I believe there should be a system in place to directly convert unopened relics to void traces. I have multiple relics that I have 50+ of and have no desire to open them for 15 ducats from a common component. Implementing this system would make also make void trace farming easier. I was thinking like 5-10 void traces would even be fair. You could also do a scaling system where Lith gives the least and Meso, neo, and axi give more.

What is everyone’s thoughts on this?

I'm down.  Had a hoard of Void Keys when the Relic system came along and already have most Primes that those old Relics drop.  I'm not a fan of opening Relics just for traces, and I don't want to hinder a team by not having a Relic equipped, so my Trace stash is pretty low - I would love to have the option to convert some Relics into traces.

Indeed. Really everyone will just have an increasing number of relics. Even if you just do unrefined ones to get traces, you're probably going to get another relic for each one you burn. Plus you're getting relics from other sources as well. Everyone will have a stockpile even if they don't mean to eventually.

I made a thread about this a while ago, but it didn’t get much attention because I posted it on weekdays (Silly me)

Relics are flooding our inventories and we don’t have all the time in the world to crack them all. A Simple scrap feature that gives you void traces or some ducats would be a nice feature, if DE is concerned about player progression they could just time gate it with some sort of daily cap.

Edited by DrivaMain

23 hours ago, ghoffman1928 said:

We should be able to convert unused relics to a maxed riven of our choice with stats of our choice at a ratio of 1 relic:15 rivens

This sounds game breaking. If this were to even be considered, it would have to be 15 relics for one riven, and a completely random riven (even then i highly doubt this would ever be added).

On 2019-02-18 at 3:36 PM, ghoffman1928 said:

We should be able to convert unused relics to a maxed riven of our choice with stats of our choice at a ratio of 1 relic:15 rivens 

No.

11 hours ago, (XB1)Young Boy HT said:

This sounds game breaking. If this were to even be considered, it would have to be 15 relics for one riven, and a completely random riven (even then i highly doubt this would ever be added).

Pretty sure he was just being facetious.   If not, then no.