Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loving The Stamina Changes

Armanant

having actually played with the changes to stamina, I've gotta say I'm loving it!

I initially lept into a game and was disappointed by not being able to run around like crazy leaping everywhere like I normally do (with no stamina mods of any sort on me). However before my second game, I made a choice and removed a streamline mod to replace it with a maxed stamina regen mod, and it felt pretty much back to normal! Now I have interesting options:

1) Slower movement, no mod slot sacrifices.

2) Sacrifice a warframe mod slot for good movement.

During my second game, A mod dropped that restores stamina on melee kill. This seems great! Now I have an extra choice where I can choose to either move slower and now I have an extra option!

3) In a melee heavy build (stealth loki melee gogo) I can sacrifice a melee mod slot for awesome movement.

I wondered what other mods there were that effect stamina and one I found mention of was one where once your stamina runs out, your shields get drained instead. WOW. that sounds amazingly interesting. I am so looking forward to getting that mod and trying it out in different builds (Shield heavy so I don't notice the loss much? Shield light health heavy so I don't rely on shield anyway? Low shield but fast regen??).

Thanks DE, you've certainly taken the right direction in turning a pretty uninteresting mechanic and made it into one with lots of very interesting and difficult choices!

Terrible thread.  Stamina changes are horrible.  Mobility should not be a build style.  Speed and parkour is a basic selling point of the game.  We should not have to sacrifice our existing mods just to be able to move the way we did before.  If you want stamina to be a more active part of the gameplay, then play Skyrim.  That's not what this game is about.

DE, please reverse stamina changes.

Me too. I am just sitting here and laughing at all of these crying people on the forums. Seriously i Just hopped on into a mission with ash with no mods and it barely felt any worse.

The only thing I would agree on is additional mod slots (maybe polarity locked, so you can't put anything else), since there are more and more mods coming. 

It's a simple but effective solution to make stamina mods viable and just give the stamina system reason to be there

Shame that we would rather like to spend our slots on more usefull mods than having to waste 9 mod points plus a slot just to be halfway capable of moving through the levels without having to get to a crawl. Especialy in later levels were every focus, flow and continuity mod is mandatory.

Not to forget that two slots are automatically reserved for shield and health mods and most of the time 1 is reserved for sprint speed increase.

Terrible thread.  Stamina changes are horrible.  Mobility should not be a build style.  Speed and parkour is a basic selling point of the game.  We should not have to sacrifice our existing mods just to be able to move the way we did before.  If you want stamina to be a more active part of the gameplay, then play Skyrim.  That's not what this game is about.

DE, please reverse stamina changes.

it IS supposed to be what this game is about. It finally adds some stamina related challenges during gameplay itself rather than just run, point at enemies and shoot, run.

Shame that we would rather like to spend our slots on more usefull mods than having to waste 9 mod points plus a slot just to be halfway capable of moving through the levels without having to get to a crawl. Especialy in later levels were every focus, flow and continuity mod is mandatory.

Not to forget that two slots are automatically reserved for shield and health mods and most of the time 1 is reserved for sprint speed increase.

Now you're just trying to be melodramatic ;-P no mod is mandatory, I can't recall the last time I slotted focus or flow on anything, and on my Loki I don't even bother with shield mods. Remember that you have mod loadouts available now! You can make several loadouts for your each frame to match different situations - one for high level defense stuff (no need for mobility), another for tough missions where you want to be able to move fast (So probably no farming related mods) etc.

Think outside the box and try stuff, don't restrict yourself to ways you MUST do stuff ;-)

With the nerf slow frames cry river of blood or sacrifice other mods for stamina related mods while Ash and Loki keep sprinting like there is no tomorrow...

Lol, when I got left behind its really tough to catch up with people, never did caught up till the end.. Rhino had it easy with the new helmet, frost is a total slowpoke.

Lol, when I got left behind its really tough to catch up with people, never did caught up till the end.. Rhino had it easy with the new helmet, frost is a total slowpoke.

I usually play either frost or loki, as frost I don't find I have problems catching up to people at all actually. Remember people in combat do have to slow down or die (except loki ofcourse ;-P) in any combat that matters.

Any chance you could elaborate fatpig? I'm not really sure what you mean by "greater impact on melee attacks and blocking".

It already drains stamina to melee attack and block as far as I'm aware.

As to your statement on running, I mean, I think it's good to link it to sprinting (remember, our warframes are running by default! :D) because it leads to more varied builds due to an extra 'mobility' axis that builds can work on, not to mention many ways to address it. If you disagree I'd love to hear reasons! I'm definitely open to be convinced it does more harm than good, but I'd want to see actual reasons :-)

The only legitimate argument against stamina change is that it adds a barrier to new players; they'll be quite slow until they get stamina mods. I do actually agree with this

I applaud the idea of new stamina though. Trying to indirectly prevent frames from becoming bloated powerhouses because there is no need for anything except to stack the rare mods + maxed redirection.

Basically the warframe forum is all "DE game sux is too easy I kill guys max level into infinity so boring"

And then things start to get nerfed (necessarily I might add) and the forum is all "HOLY S#&$ @(*()$ BULLS#&$ F*** YOU DE GAME SUX U MAKE EVERYONE QUIT I QUIT"

FFS so much entitlement out there. Millennials? Maybe

Any chance you could elaborate fatpig? I'm not really sure what you mean by "greater impact on melee attacks and blocking".

It already drains stamina to melee attack and block as far as I'm aware.

As to your statement on running, I mean, I think it's good to link it to sprinting (remember, our warframes are running by default! :D) because it leads to more varied builds due to an extra 'mobility' axis that builds can work on, not to mention many ways to address it. If you disagree I'd love to hear reasons! I'm definitely open to be convinced it does more harm than good, but I'd want to see actual reasons :-)

I will just point this here.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/105829-stamina-changes-awful-suggestion-for-improvement/

Thanks, that is quite interesting. I really like the OP's ideas, though the software dev in me cries a little - it is exceedingly unlikely to happen because it's pretty huge changes - I THINK it will work better than the current and it sure sounds fun, but it might not quite work as intended and would definitely need a lot of hammering to get it to something releasable, and I doubt DE have the several months to spare to implement something like that :-(

Edit: Heh, didn't realize you weren't the OP, fixed :-P

Edited by Armanant

having actually played with the changes to stamina, I've gotta say I'm loving it!

Crazy ?

You played ? I maxxed Marathon and Quick Rest tried Nova and even with BOTH skills maxxed its impossible to run  around and use melee. The change cleary says.....DO NOT USE MELEE. Thats bull****.

Edited by Tearchen

I think the reason a lot of people are complaining about the changes is that moving like a ninja shouldn't be something that requires mods to do.

Like, this is not something that should require farming over many hours of gameplay in order for me to feel like I'm a badass space ninja. I should not need to install several mods in order to feel like a fast paced ninja that can move in and out quickly if needed. (I'm not even going get started on the "additions" to another gameplay mechanic with this update) This is one of the things that drew me to the game, and these changes just make feel like I should just go back to playing Call of Duty or ME3 Co-op.

I think the ones that love the new stamina changes don't play publics using slow warframes. Right now, I just use my time in triying to keep up with the rest of the team with my Rhino instead of playing. I pack a full upgraded rush, I have started building the speed helmet and I'm gonna be forced to change another mod to quick rest or marathon just to keep playing warframe instead of feeling like the fat boy in gymnastics class.

I think the ones that love the new stamina changes don't play publics using slow warframes. Right now, I just use my time in triying to keep up with the rest of the team with my Rhino instead of playing. I pack a full upgraded rush, I have started building the speed helmet and I'm gonna be forced to change another mod to quick rest or marathon just to keep playing warframe instead of feeling like the fat boy in gymnastics class.

I played public games with frost immediately after the patch. I liked the changed. Come at me brah :D