The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

daikyu

Bodvar_Brown

il y a une heure, Celthric317 a dit :

In their current state, all bows are rather mediocre compared to other weapons. Personally I think their damage needs to be comparable to that of sniper rifles.

I need 3 arrows to kill a lvl 160 heavy corrupted gunner with my Cernos prime when Vectis or rubico need 2 bullets. And Lenz is literally obliterating enemies in one shot.

Bows aren't meant to shoot & run all day long though, they're better at careful and silent shots. But they're certainly not mediocre weapons, especially if you can manage their fire rate since you don't need to reload.

• Like 1

I guess I'm the old fashioned one, here.

Serration
Split Chamber
Point Strike
Vital Sense
Vigilante Armaments
Shred
Corrosive status (puncture proc)

I don't sweat the small stuff (ex Corpus bubbles), since I have either a secondary or a murderous Smeeta to deal with it.

Good luck. :loka::perrin::redveil:

On 2019-03-08 at 2:04 AM, 000l000 said:

I need 3 arrows to kill a lvl 160 heavy corrupted gunner with my Cernos prime when Vectis or rubico need 2 bullets. And Lenz is literally obliterating enemies in one shot.

Bows aren't meant to shoot & run all day long though, they're better at careful and silent shots. But they're certainly not mediocre weapons, especially if you can manage their fire rate since you don't need to reload.

i cant even get that with the daikyu so what am i doing rong then

On 2019-02-25 at 6:52 AM, DatDarkOne said:

I kinda avoid using it because of the decrease in damage.  The trade off just isn't worth it IMO. 

edit:  The 15% may seem small at first, but after factoring in all the multipliers and other bonuses it ends up being more damage lost than you would initially think.  that's whether it's before multipliers or after all calculations. 

As a daikyu main user, I disagree with this. 15% decrease is well over compensated when you have almost twice the speed. But it's up to your feeling of this bow.
No problem 2-3 shooting lvl 150 heavy gunner on my side ^^

Back on the topic.
If you want a decent daikyu, go for something like this.
Serration
Split chamber
Vigilante armament
Point strike
Vital sense
Vile acceleration (or speed trigger if you feel like it)
Fanged fusillade
Riven/Hammershot/Argon scope (bad idea but hey)/Heavy caliber

This will give you a nice time slashing through armor and shield easily. Have fun with an arcane rage if you're good enough on headshot and/or arcane avenger if you can tank.

Il y a 18 heures, Bodvar_Brown a dit :

i cant even get that with the daikyu so what am i doing rong then

Bows have really high base damage, so you want a lot of bleeds to pass through any kind of armor/shield. Hunter munitions mod is really strong with bows if you can get enough critical, Cernos prime works wonder with that since you can fire multiple arrow and then proc a lot of bleeds. Daikyu is another story though but since it has high slash damage along with some really nice status you can also proc its own bleeds.

Against heavily armored enemies don't even try to strip armor with such a slow weapon, you need a lot of corrosive procs, way too much. But bows are really bleed monsters, mod it that way.

Tested again in simulacrum (whatever worth it may be).

Amalgam serration
Split chamber
Vigilante armament
Point strike
Vital sense
Hammershot
Vile acceleration
Fanged fusillade

This can three-four shot heavy gunners 155 with bleeding. Keep firing so you can stagger on impact proc for control. Don't forget that punch through is your best friend.
Bombards are dispatched even faster, sometimes a single shot is enough (headshot, crit slash).

Some may argue that Amalgam serration makes it weaker and the Hunter munition may be required. Personally, I don't feel any difference in damage with Amalgam and I like the speed boost to my frame. As for Hunter munition, you're better off with enhancing base slash so you don't have to rely on crits to get a 30% chance to proc slash. It won't up the bleed damage, but it will certainly make it more reliable with an almost 50% chance to proc, crit or not. Bladed rounds might be a good swap for hammershot, depending if you can wait for a kill and keep the bonus up at all time.

25 minutes ago, nonscience said:

Tested again in simulacrum (whatever worth it may be).

Amalgam serration
Split chamber
Vigilante armament
Point strike
Vital sense
Hammershot
Vile acceleration
Fanged fusillade

Interesting.  I would have swapped Fanged for another mod to boost status chance.  That way it would take better advantage of all that multishot to do multiple procs per shot.   With 100% status chance, the Daikyu actually procs no less than 3 status procs with just Split Chamber alone.  One of those will always be impact stun because it's a special feature of the bow.  Even without boosts to base slash stat, the Daikyu gets a surprising amount of Slash procs.  

That's one of the beauties of this game.  You have multiple ways to build a weapon/frame to your liking with mods.  

7 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Interesting.  I would have swapped Fanged for another mod to boost status chance.  That way it would take better advantage of all that multishot to do multiple procs per shot.   With 100% status chance, the Daikyu actually procs no less than 3 status procs with just Split Chamber alone.  One of those will always be impact stun because it's a special feature of the bow.  Even without boosts to base slash stat, the Daikyu gets a surprising amount of Slash procs.  

That's one of the beauties of this game.  You have multiple ways to build a weapon/frame to your liking with mods.  

Agreed. That's why I love this game.

I do see the value of adding more proc chances, I'm the first to say that status wins over crit any day. Have a try at my build, another win for bleed proc 😉

11 hours ago, Test-995 said:

Whatever you say, whatever you build, daikyu... or rather, everything other than SR and AOE weapon is trash tier, actually needs buff.

That's just your way of saying that your aim sucks and you need a crutch to compensate.  Thank you for being to forth right with your information.  😛

7 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

That's just your way of saying that your aim sucks and you need a crutch to compensate.  Thank you for being to forth right with your information.  😛

oh yes, what i'm saying here is that the S#&$ aim player like me is killing more than good aim player with those weapons.

1 hour ago, Test-995 said:

oh yes, what i'm saying here is that the S#&$ aim player like me is killing more than good aim player with those weapons.

You do know that a Daikyu can kill multiple enemies per shot at further range than something like the Tigris Prime for example.  So, depending on the mission and the user, a Daikyu user can actually out kill a tigris prime user.  That's even giving both the same amount of time to kill the enemies.  

Also the number of enemies killed doesn't always equate to most damage done.  Just in case you might not have been aware of that.  😄 

4 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

You do know that a Daikyu can kill multiple enemies per shot at further range than something like the Tigris Prime for example.  So, depending on the mission and the user, a Daikyu user can actually out kill a tigris prime user.  That's even giving both the same amount of time to kill the enemies.  

Also the number of enemies killed doesn't always equate to most damage done.  Just in case you might not have been aware of that.  😄 

Well, but can you out kill Staticor or ignis or kitguns or lenz or arca plasmor or...

But daikyu might be not bad as my expectation then.

Edited by Test-995

42 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

Well, but can you out kill Staticor or ignis or kitguns or lenz or arca plasmor or...

But daikyu might be not bad as my expectation then.

I'll just simplify this for you.  Let's take you with any of those weapons you mentioned and Me with Daikyu both standing side by side looking down a corridor.  enemies are coming through that corridor.  Each one of those weapons you mentioned have hellacious falloff after a few meters.   That means that I (with the Bows innate punch-thru) would be killing the enemies coming down the corridor before your weapons could even touch them.  

First rule is to know your weapons, both their strengths and weaknesses.  Cater to it's strengths while avoiding it's weaknesses.  The method I gave you above is exactly how I've outkilled players in missions multiple times while also getting most damage dealt.  

6 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I'll just simplify this for you.  Let's take you with any of those weapons you mentioned and Me with Daikyu both standing side by side looking down a corridor.  enemies are coming through that corridor.  Each one of those weapons you mentioned have hellacious falloff after a few meters.   That means that I (with the Bows innate punch-thru) would be killing the enemies coming down the corridor before your weapons could even touch them.  

First rule is to know your weapons, both their strengths and weaknesses.  Cater to it's strengths while avoiding it's weaknesses.  The method I gave you above is exactly how I've outkilled players in missions multiple times while also getting most damage dealt.  

So, it's like 100meter long corridor right? because, ignis and arca have falloff indeed, but staticor can easily reach 50m and lenz doesn't really have range limit.

and even then, i'll spam lenz and they'll just die before enter the corridor, thanks for great AoE and innate wall penetration.

(and why i have to use my weapons ineffectively though? on situation like that, i'll just dive into em and burn em all or melt em all or bombard em all)

of course every weapon is different and there is strength and weaknesses, but it doesn't means weapons are all good enough to tied with others.

(well, and tbh tigris prime isn't really a "meta" weapon for now, maybe on level 30 or below missions...)

9 minutes ago, nonscience said:

OP asked for help with a specific weapon, not a comparison with anything. He needed help for modding. Plain and simple.

But of course, it had to revolve around your tastes and your preferences.

I have to yell cuz de might see this thread and think like "oh daikyu is good we have to nerf"

Well, then, sorry about that.

32 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

I have to yell cuz de might see this thread and think like "oh daikyu is good we have to nerf"

Well, then, sorry about that.

You're partially right in the sense that this thread should been moved to players helping players section though ^^

Le 11/03/2019 à 22:28, nonscience a dit :

As for Hunter munition, you're better off with enhancing base slash so you don't have to rely on crits to get a 30% chance to proc slash.

Not really, if you're focusing on slash plus HM you'll get twice the chance to proc bleeds, which is what one should aim for since you won't be able to strip armor with such a slow status weapon - If you're not stacking a lot of bleeds early you can't kill heavily armored enemies fast enough. With enough multishot you can fire 3 arrows in one shot, which is almost a guaranteed slash with HM.

Anyway a nice hybrid build would definitely need a riven, hopefully they're on the cheap side, well until Daikyu prime is a thing !

5 hours ago, 000l000 said:

Not really, if you're focusing on slash plus HM you'll get twice the chance to proc bleeds, which is what one should aim for since you won't be able to strip armor with such a slow status weapon - If you're not stacking a lot of bleeds early you can't kill heavily armored enemies fast enough. With enough multishot you can fire 3 arrows in one shot, which is almost a guaranteed slash with HM.

Anyway a nice hybrid build would definitely need a riven, hopefully they're on the cheap side, well until Daikyu prime is a thing !

I get what you're saying. However, here's the reason why I go for pumping up slash damage, so that it can make sense.

Without any modification, considering base IPS distribution, slash already procs 30% of each shot. Yes, achieving a crit will get you an extra roll to achieve a slash.
Adding fanged fusillade, nothing else, will up your chances to 47%, making slash priority on proc roll. Still no second roll for slash on crit, true.

But, you first need a crit to get the extra roll. And the daikyu starts with a 20% chance, which is low in the bow department. You'll need to sacrifice more mods to up that to a state where it can crit reliably. Which will lower other important things you may want, such as fire rate for example.

Now, here's the final reason I don't like HM on the daikyu (from wiki) :

"If a critical hit procs the mod's Slash b Slash, any other status proc(s) from the weapon can still occur nomally in addition to it.
However, only one instance of Slash b Slash can occur if both the mod and the weapon procs it. One will override the other, despite Slash b Slash being a stackable status effect."

With a 47% chance to get slash on any shot, crit or not, you stack bleeding nicely enough. And HM, without buffing anything, procs 30% of the time off of 20% CC, representing a ~6% increase in bleed chances, for a grand total of 36~37%. 

I concede I may totally be off at some point. When HM went live, I was excited and I used it for a long time before I came upon this modding. If the crit chances were higher, I'd gladly play HM over Fanged Fusillade. If the slash procs stacked, I'd advocate for HM.

Maybe I'm wrong in the end ^^

• Like 1

Just now, Benour said:

You need proper riven and run Viral/HM on it. I can onebang lvl 160 CHG if i get lucky with viral/slash proc from HM. So you clowns can finally shut up. 👍

I have a CC-CD-Damage riven, thank you very much. My modding works perfectly as is for my gameplay.

And keep your insults to yourself, they suit you better 😉

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nonscience said:

I have a CC-CD-Damage riven, thank you very much. My modding works perfectly as is for my gameplay.

And keep your insults to yourself, they suit you better 😉

That build you posted is complete garbage btw. Hammer shot roflmao no element combo. Fanged fussil and no HM. But for the lvl 30 "owning" it sure works wonders. :facepalm: Anything else?