Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

GM Alio's top 5 Warframe QoL Improvements.

Aliothale

I don't often make suggestions on the forums for Warframe, but over the last year of returning to the game I've noticed some extremely glaring problems when coming from other action shooter games. Here are some of my most anticipated changes for Warframe.

Energy Dash Fix - When energy dashing over a mapfall your operator will respawn on the closest landmass, this prevents alot of mobility on some maps that feature small canyons or endless pits. It can also reset Saryn's spores, cause Exalted weapons to be holstered, etc. This is clunky, annoying, and not easily avoidable on some maps.

Transference Lag Fix - For some reason Transferring in and out of frames is not a client side action and can be insanely laggy when not hosting. This can cause entire builds/playstyles that are heavily influenced by Magus Elevate and Magus Lockdown to fail when not the host, and it dissuades people with these arcanes/builds from playing in public games or flat out makes them leave a public game when the host has terrible internet or lives halfway across the world.

Extra Sensitivity Options - Customizing how your game feels is super important to being a Space Ninja. Providing a decimal based sensitivity slider would greatly benefit experienced shooter players who have spent years building a specific muscle memory.

Custom Crosshair Options - Giving players more options never hurts. Overwatch is a great example of a crosshair system done properly.

Instant Weapon Swapping - Speed Holster shouldn't exist, weapon swapping should always feel near instant and satisfying, not clunky and annoying. Speed Holster could be transformed into a Handspring aura, which would still provide useful utility for the team. Having a dedicated secondary and primary swap keys would help alleviate the clunkiness as well.

Edited by Aliothale

1. You have to use it more carefully. I know it's annoying but it makes movement more interesting. We have enough ez things that dont take thinking. So a no from my side.

2. Dame as one. Keep it in mind and if you use it often maybe work on your playstyle.

3. I am with you here. It's important to have a good sensitivity. For a lot of people it would pretty great.

4. I dont know about that one but to customize it would be pretty cool to for some players. Also agree with that one.

5. No. Same as 1 you have to calculate it and there are a few mods that makes that better and benefit in other aspects so it would render some things useless so no. I also dont like that one.

1,2 and 5 are not QoL it just make the game easier as a hole. Dont like them.

3 hours ago, DerGreif2 said:

This is wrong, at minimum, on 2, as it's conditional on whether one is host or not. While 5 advocates for instant switching—a debatable suggestion—I believe weapon swap speeds also have a similar lag from host-checking that doesn't occur when a player is host. Consistency between host and client is always QoL.

8 hours ago, DerGreif2 said:

1. You have to use it more carefully. I know it's annoying but it makes movement more interesting. We have enough ez things that dont take thinking. So a no from my side.

2. Dame as one. Keep it in mind and if you use it often maybe work on your playstyle.

3. I am with you here. It's important to have a good sensitivity. For a lot of people it would pretty great.

4. I dont know about that one but to customize it would be pretty cool to for some players. Also agree with that one.

5. No. Same as 1 you have to calculate it and there are a few mods that makes that better and benefit in other aspects so it would render some things useless so no. I also dont like that one.

give me an example of a situation trivialized completely by instant switch or your argument has no legs to stand on

8 hours ago, DerGreif2 said:

My playstyle is not in question here, my builds can easily solo up to level 200 enemies. I think you're missing the point of these being quality of life changes. I added extra reasoning behind my first suggestion so you can understand why.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-02-21 at 9:27 AM, Aliothale said:

Energy Dash Fix - When energy dashing over a mapfall your operator will respawn on the closest landmass, this prevents alot of mobility on some maps that feature small canyons or endless pits. It can also reset Saryn's spores, cause Exalted weapons to be holstered, etc. This is clunky, annoying, and not easily avoidable on some maps.

If I'm reading this right you just stated the problem but did not give an idea for fixing. I just hope that fall down a map does not reset your abilities, but some players consider this as a justifiable punishment, so yeah...

Transference Lag Fix

Yes pls, make it client side, like weapon swap.

Extra Sensitivity Options

Won't hurt if it's there

Custom Crosshair Options

20 plat for a red dot :thumbup:

Instant Weapon Swapping

It needs to be faster sure, and speed holster should be power holster or sth, but I don't know about the "instant" part. Kinda break immersion...I also feel sad about the current melee system that removed the holster animation...

• 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Aliothale said:

Absolutely. I was going to mention this and forgot. Kinda baffles me how there's no dedicated switch to "x" weapon slot.

I don't mean a button to switch, I mean a button to switch and fire and switch back to what you had previously, just like quick melee used to work. I've actually started using a Sarpa as my pseudo-secondary, since I can use my Plasmor most of the time and then fire off a quick Sarpa burst with the press of a single button when I need to take a nullifier down. I'd like to be able to do that with a proper secondary weapon, like my kitgun, without needing three presses of two different buttons (switch, fire, switch back).

Sadly I don't think that's ever going to happen, because you physically couldn't do that on a console controller. Thanks yet again, consoles. 😞

I can give or take extra sensitivity - I'm not at that level of play - but everything else is great. Weapon switching should be as fast as the new "seamless melee" they're promoting, as far as I'm concerned. It won't make the game any easier, and it would further bring melee and guns into "par," which seems to be what they're after. 

As for crosshairs, please for the love of John Prodman, implement this.