Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MOAnimation Design Contest [Winners Announced]!

[DE]Helen

Anti gravity animation.

deploys a sub space bubble around it (mag’s 3rd ability bubble ability goes around it?) to where it seems to be light as a feather & rotates slowly as if it’s in space, till it comes back to neutral and its feet go back to the ground into idle position.

Edited by Omgitzmillertime
Again, never says my post is posted & sent me to login screen as if I didn’t log in. Can’t find where to ddelete post

Play dead animation

moa turns around to shockingly find an enemy, it falls down (dying animation), after 2-3 seconds, it looks around to see if they are still there, maybe die again and then see again if anyone is around, to then rise up (revive animation) & get back to idle animation.

Insert: *Mongoose playing dead video*

Submission: Wet MOA Body Shake

Description: Like a dog shaking its body after dipping in a body of water or coming inside from a rainy environment, even MOAs need a way to dry up. There are plenty of environments in the game with liquids, if a MOA walks within these places, they need to be able to shake off the water/coolant/etc. The animation may take place when a MOA moves from a wet environment to a dry one, water effects would be active.

I call this one "Hard Reboot"

MOA turns off suddenly contracting it's limbs very fast, falls to the ground and lays there shutting down (add sound and light down effects here), couple of seconds after that it reboots, head starts moving slowly (booting sounds and lights up), finally it does a quick jump and it's on it's feet again ready for battle. I made a very rough 2D animation to help visualize it.

I like to think MOAs may have a way to compact themselves to occupy less space when shipped in bulk through the galaxy and that they get into that pose when they shut down on demand, hope that doesn't break the rig.

Make'im dance; if you're gonna have emote interactions, you gotta go all the way.

Might I leave a humble suggestion? Skip to about 18 seconds in. Have the moa hop back up at the end too, to follow the return to first frame.

Nothing big, just a little something something

Does a big BEGONE after you kill a tough enemy.

What i mean is the moa leans it body way back (head almost touching the ground), makes a little robot noise, then abruptly snaps its body and head forward while sceaming in robot.

When you stay AFK for a period of time, your MOA does a "nodding off" animation.

The MOA's head slowly dips up and down, as if it's fighting the urge to fall asleep. 

It then startles itself and jumps in an upright position. Shaking it's head and stamping it's feet to keep itself awake.

Basically playing dead.

The MOA would spin around 360 degrees on the horizontal plane on a knee or ankle joint (requires one foot to remain on the ground), then fall backwards onto the ground and kick its legs a few times.  Super hammy, like you'd see someone teach a dog to do.  Then the MOA would return to its feet after a second or so.

How about if a player initiates the handshake animation beside a nearby MOA, that MOA enthusiastically shakes the players hand as well. Like a puppy very eager to show off that it can shake hands like a proper human. Also, that way, the player trying to shake hands won't be left hanging. 😄

I would like to see the Moa accompany me while dancing. For any dance emote the Tenno executes, the Moa will tiptoe, lift one leg up and places the foot of that leg against the other leg's knee. Then it lifts it's head high up and spins its whole body around once. A bit like a ballerina 🙂

On 2019-03-04 at 10:40 AM, Drakyve said:

Locking moves would be super awesome.  There's a move in particular called "Which Way" that might be difficult to pull off for a Moa due to the inverse joints, but I'm really hoping for your creativity to implement this.

One of my favorite Lockers is a twin named GoGo Brothers.

Someone stole my “It’s Chicken Quesadilla Night” dance.

I would like to see a Moa copter animation:

TheMoa begins by spinning its head around in circles a couple of times with its neck fixed in place and then the head stops and the entire Moa body begins to spin with the Moa's legs spread-eagled almost like helicopter rotors.

That is all.

Alert:

MOA quickly stretch the legs becoming a bit higher, as if something get the attention, then quickly turn the head back (torso rotates 90° like action pose) and crouching at the same time while the feet don't move. MOA examines the area in 3 seconds, looking to the right, to the left, and the last time looking to the left and tilting the head a bit, then slowly goes back to start position.