Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MOAnimation Design Contest [Winners Announced]!

[DE]Helen

Posted in MOAnimation Design Contest is Live!

Remember those cheap toy dogs or rabbits you had as a kid that barked, sniffed or something... crouched down slowly and then did a back flip? If it’s animation was slow and rigid like those toys, so it was imitating them, it would be kind of cute. It could end with a ‘ta-da’ pose (one jaunty foot out). Simple and nostalgic. 

If the player has been standing still on the same spot and has not moved at all for some time the moa will start to fall asleep and loose its balance but manages to catch itself at the last minute and tries to get its footing back.

• Like 4

When moas first came to warframe, everyone was making puns out of their name. When I would get my moa, I would want to name it Bot Ross. My animation idea is making the moa pull out a paintbrush or a pencil and draw himself with our operator/Tenno. I'd love to see this in action tbh. 

MOA takes left foot and draws half of a heart on the ground, then takes Right Foot and draws the other half making a complete heart. Does a quick hop, spreads legs just enough to not make contact with the drawn heart, then does one spin to draw a circle around the heart with both feet. Heart in Circle should appear to glow in MOA's Energy Color.

So my idea is to have to Moa start to fall over then discover he can hover by spinning his legs like a helicopter as seen in the quick Animation I made.

(I am not sure if it will be possible to do exactly as my animation shows, I do not know if the rig will allow the legs to bend that way)

0.00: Moa Idle animation

0.05: Moa begins to tip

1.00: Moa panics, then discovers he can hover by spinning his legs

2.30: Moa flys around a bit

4.00: Moa lands with an elegant twirl because he is just showing of now

5.00: Moa idle animation

My animation Software is on the Fritz Again. Hi Hi and Hello Tenno. After carefully reading the rules in hopes to qualify I put in alot of time into trying to make an Animated submission for this contest only for my file to be corrupted right before i was ready to submit. But not all hope is lost, I forge a little movement guild just in the nick of time.

Are you ready to Step into the Ring with This BAD BOI?!!??

Sumo-moa-Final.png

Had a Real Tough Time figuring out where to put my Image just to upload a URL  so i just linked it back to my website :P

8e6dc8788bc6b156f10d16c61af6c57b.gif 

This Jiggly Sumo Gif i found was Perfect for reference

I'm So excited i got this finished, I hope someone see's this in time for the "Choosening".

Edited by (XB1)Djinisis

My idea is a scratch like when a dog scratches his ears. It could start with a little head bob like it was itching, then bending to the side a little, scratch his head with its claws (maybe lose balance a bit) and then a little satisfied "ahhh" sound. 

Edited by Xevok
Clarification

My attempt

I made this rushed animation of a dancing moa. It does not quite look what I wanted it to. Basically the moa is supposed to swing from one leg to another while stretching out it's neck and head. I'd imagine the moa would make like a cute moa sound while streching and balancing on one leg.

Perhaps add an animation where if your MOA gets badly hurt by an enemy, it staggers, then quickly checks itself for damages. Just a simple and quick self check. This would only happen if the MOA loses a significant chunk (maybe  10%) of its hp in a very short amount of time (maybe within 1 second). The MOA would then carry on with whatever it was doing.

personally id like to see a DUO emote

description: (something like the moa acts scared/shy your warframe/tenno edges them on then the moa still scared starts an insane breakdance routine with a headspin the worm with their legs and maybe a lil flip at the end, warframe then claps them on and the moa does a lil bootie shake of joy)

How about an aggressive emote? I'm thinking a decapitation gesture reinterpreted so a Moa can perform it. It'd use its leg to do the slicing gesture and them stomp down belligerently back to the idle. Here's my visualization of it:

Picture

(Also I forgot that the pet Moas have actual heads and it's not in front of their pelvis when I made this lol)

• Like 11

Posting this pretty late so not sure if it will be read but heres hoping. I have no idea how to animate or anything so hopefully I can explain this properly. 

You know when a dog has an itchy bum and they stick their back legs in the air and slide their butt across the floor with their front legs? I think something along those lines would be absolutely hilarious. I realize that they dont have front legs but Im sure you could still get it to work