Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excavation needs more Power Carriers when played solo

Katinka

From my experience of playing the Gift From The Lotus mission earlier today:

Screenshot of solo excavation

"Excavator needs more power!" The Lotus informs me as I wander through a Corpus ghost town with three excavators running, sometimes finding a Shield Drone, Shockwave Moa or a Detron Crewman but none of those essential Power Carriers.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, TheSkunkyMonk said:

Never had that problem you will get less spawns playing solo though and no doubt the ones that do spawn are headed towards all those undefended excavators. Id try doing one at a time, might sound slower but I bet you get better spawns.

I had just E running by itself (the one with only 20 seconds left) and after waiting for quite a while with no enemies (or a couple but no power carriers) I tried moving on to trigger the others as I was worried that the game might have dropped spawn rates because I wasn't progressing the mission.  I continued to move from one excavator to the next, clearing out the trash I'd find but it still took far too long to get that last cell I needed to finish off the first of those three excavators and complete the mission.  F and A aren't really undefended in this screenshot as I am directly between them, able to see both and I was actually hoping that moving away from E would lure out some enemies.  Eventually I did get a Power Carrier but not until I'd run a circuit of these three excavators multiple times, clearing out other enemies as I went.

On 2019-03-03 at 4:38 AM, TheSkunkyMonk said:

Never had that problem you will get less spawns playing solo though and no doubt the ones that do spawn are headed towards all those undefended excavators. Id try doing one at a time, might sound slower but I bet you get better spawns.

i have that all the time even with only one.

Can't agree MORE with this!Please DE,please add more power carriers spawn in solo mode,please.

It cost me 35 mins only to complete 4 extractors(gained reward for rotation B) when I played solo arbitration excavation mission last time,due to LACK OF power carriers.

If I played any other arbitration mission solo for 30 mins,I would have gained reward for rotation C.

Edited by nickzqz

I ran into the same problem during the Gift of the Lotus.  I was attacked by a lot of power carriers in the beginning that I didn't need them all and had to wait around for power carriers to come to the last one.  I wanted to go back to pick up all the old power cells but couldn't remember where they were.  I thought that was the reason I had to wait around so long on the last one.

imo, whenever there's an excavator with less than 80% power, power carriers should spawn, per excavator, enough times to provide enough cells for the excavator.

It shouldn't be random at all. They should spawn in exactly as needed for each excavator. If an excavator is at 0%, spawn an extra every 10 seconds per excavator.

I'm referring to the total power. Excavators have a certain number of cells required to complete, and I think that, unless the excavator has enough cells or cell carriers spawned, the game should be spawning them in at a regular rate.

iirc, the amount required is 100% right? One minute, fourty seconds? So, if each cell spawns whenever the power is 80% or below, and each provides +20%, it allows each excavator to have enough power, guaranteed, without relying on RNG.

I'd honestly do a lot more excavation if the spawns were better. When I play with a friend we usually have no issues, but solo is terrible. Solo excavation fissures are the worst, jumped into one on a Corpus tileset this week and barely got any enemies, much less power carriers.

Hopefully this will be fixed one day, but I can't see it being high on the list, sadly.