Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't equip melee anymore

DigitalNikki

Question

There is no key to equip melee after the update while using the melee key rarely attacks with it and leaves you holding it on rare occasion. That is not exactly equipping it, and makes archwings on The Plains of Eidolon/Orb Valis horrible to use as quick melee is the only way to get off of them, and now leaves you holding a melee weapon when you should still be holding the gun.

I doubt there is, but is there some way to fix these new garbage controls?

Edited by DigitalNikki

16 hours ago, DigitalNikki said:

I doubt there is, but is there some way to fix these new garbage controls?

There's a toggle in the options to use weapon fire buttons to attack. Turn that on. Use quick melee to pull weapon out.

However, it still doesn't resolve the problem with block combos, because what used to be block is now weapon aim even in melee mode. So idk what the clemming clem they were thinking because these controls are absolutely awful and should have been rejected the moment they were suggested because they just do not work and it's obvious . How they made it into a live game build it a miracle. I haven't seen anything so broken in Warframe for... ever I suppose, in the 5 years of playing this game.

I dont play warframe often but when I do it's for high paced technical melee/ranged combat. You guys took away the ability to even hold a melee weapon much less my favorite aspect the manual blocking that took time and skill to get used to? /uninstall I'll go play doom when it comes out, thanks.

I understand what they did, but i liked old style controlls more. It made the game feel like a slasher or a shooter, depending on players preference and playing style... and this was like a thing, that made difference. Now melee is mostly like a supportive action, like in any other dumb shooter... sorry for that(

WOW. The new Melee 3.0 is really different. I kinda don't like it. Came back after almost 2 years lol and see things are really changing. Seems the best solution is to enable the "Melee with Fire weapon Input" under option->controls. Also getting the combos that use the right mouse button takes timing just right. Use "E" or whatever your quick melee button is and then you can use the your LMB to attack. When wanting to perform combos such as August Mesto of the Tempo Royal which is "E RMB+E E E", You will need to time when you use the RMB to actually perform the combo. I don't really like this because it make melee a lot less forgiving especially if you hold the RMB for to long you will auto switch back to weapons and then need to switch back to melee if you want to continue to use melee. Needless to say if you Channel with a weapon well you are just kinda screwed at this point. The only other option at this point that i can see is to remap the aim button which also feels unnatural to if you liked the old system. 

DE if your are reading this a toggle option would be nice that when in melee mode the only way to switch weapons is by using the "F" or weapon switch button that is key mapped. It would also allow for channeling again instead of being needed to be remapped from default. 

32 minutes ago, Siaya_2029 said:

WOW. The new Melee 3.0 is really different. I kinda don't like it. Came back after almost 2 years lol and see things are really changing. Seems the best solution is to enable the "Melee with Fire weapon Input" under option->controls. Also getting the combos that use the right mouse button takes timing just right. Use "E" or whatever your quick melee button is and then you can use the your LMB to attack. When wanting to perform combos such as August Mesto of the Tempo Royal which is "E RMB+E E E", You will need to time when you use the RMB to actually perform the combo. I don't really like this because it make melee a lot less forgiving especially if you hold the RMB for to long you will auto switch back to weapons and then need to switch back to melee if you want to continue to use melee. Needless to say if you Channel with a weapon well you are just kinda screwed at this point. The only other option at this point that i can see is to remap the aim button which also feels unnatural to if you liked the old system. 

DE if your are reading this a toggle option would be nice that when in melee mode the only way to switch weapons is by using the "F" or weapon switch button that is key mapped. It would also allow for channeling again instead of being needed to be remapped from default. 

Their response to people wanting melee mode returned is simply not equipping a primary and secondary, and sadly I think they are leaving it at that due to people stopping the complaints long time ago.

I have honestly been gone for a long while and I was mainly a melee user.
I personally enjoyed switching between the modes as it changed the focus of what I wanted to do.

This new thing they did to try and have a single mode, while potentially interesting, kinda ruins that feel.

It feels like they tried to make the game feel newer or.. something, by messing with a core mechanic such as the hard switch between melee and ranged.

I could potentially see this as working, but a) we need a manual block choice in order to do certain combos on the weapons already designed within the game and b) many users got used to interrupts as part of their attacks and even benefited from learning how to use them as mentioned above. 

The change appears to be an attempt to make the game feel more intuitive and free-flowing in movement and combat. It still has potential to work, but the current iteration is not.

With the change, we lost:
A) Purposeful interrupts
B) Manual Blocking - some weapons are now broken
C) The choice to do pure melee while leveling up weaker ranged weapons, vice versa, etc.

You can still do C, but not to the same degree. A is gone since the purpose of the update was to remove interrupts and merge the modes. B is gone for the same reason.

As a mainly melee-focused player, I honestly find this fairly annoying since I actually had to go through my keybinds and realise my main mode of attack was in fact switched around a bit.

Games change over time as they evolve based on new ideas and feedback from the users. I can only hope that enough people are providing similar feedback that it makes some sort of point for the devs.

Till then, I will just have to accept that shields are borked and anything involving right mouse with melee is borked.

As a long time player I have this same issue. Biggest problem I run into is with primaries that have a secondary fire mode. Since by default both channeling and secondary fire mode are the same button if you are slashing at something then turn with say the corinth to fire an explosive blast at some enemies across the room you just start channeling till you either swap to your secondary and back to your primary or waste a shot just to bring the primary back up. I fail to see how this is faster than simply tap E to slash at something then blast the guy across the room with a turn and click and no other steps.

35 minutes ago, Siriskyubi said:

As a long time player I have this same issue. Biggest problem I run into is with primaries that have a secondary fire mode. Since by default both channeling and secondary fire mode are the same button if you are slashing at something then turn with say the corinth to fire an explosive blast at some enemies across the room you just start channeling till you either swap to your secondary and back to your primary or waste a shot just to bring the primary back up. I fail to see how this is faster than simply tap E to slash at something then blast the guy across the room with a turn and click and no other steps.

I played casually a few years ago and came back this week to find this out. It appears to be apart of their Combat 3.0 update. Here is the forum post where they talk about all of the changes: 

I made a change to my controls that feels kind of like the old system but with auto block. There is an option to melee with primary fire in the controls menu.