Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't equip melee anymore

DigitalNikki

Question

There is no key to equip melee after the update while using the melee key rarely attacks with it and leaves you holding it on rare occasion. That is not exactly equipping it, and makes archwings on The Plains of Eidolon/Orb Valis horrible to use as quick melee is the only way to get off of them, and now leaves you holding a melee weapon when you should still be holding the gun.

I doubt there is, but is there some way to fix these new garbage controls?

Edited by DigitalNikki

4 minutes ago, [DE]Saske said:

Please check your keybindings, resetting to default should fix this issue.

Can't we just have the old control scheme?... Those few, sorry sods like myself who think the new controls are bad?

And I play melee mostly. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, [DE]Saske said:

Please check your keybindings, resetting to default should fix this issue.

I tried that first. It changes nothing. I guess I'll be skipping the next Prime access. As a player that uses melee 99% of the time, I can't play the game anymore.

Edited by DigitalNikki
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Godzelda123 said:

You can still use all your melee combos and even channeling just like you used to. The only thing you can't do is manually block as it's now automatic. It makes a more fluid system all in all and feels powerful. 

There is no button to equip a melee weapon, and 99% of the time the melee attack key does nothing. I never used channeling as I found it useless, and a waste of energy. I don't have melee channel bound as it's so bad in my opinion.

Edited by DigitalNikki

4 minutes ago, Godzelda123 said:

You can still use all your melee combos and even channeling just like you used to. The only thing you can't do is manually block as it's now automatic. It makes a more fluid system all in all and feels powerful. 

How do you decide that 'now' is more 'powerful' than before?...

I literally can't use a primary and a melee weapon together anymore, because I have no key to switch between the two, hence, I can't use Mouse 1 for both primary fire and melee attacks, which makes it more uncomfortable to do. Melee feels bad, man, and I play mostly melee.

E equips the weapon and uses the stance mod as it normally did prior to this patch. cant speak for you but the melee attack does something 100% of the time for me, and i still leave archwing by pressing quick melee and can start shooting basically instantly.

1 minute ago, Talinthis said:

E equips the weapon and uses the stance mod as it normally did prior to this patch. cant speak for you but the melee attack does something 100% of the time for me, and i still leave archwing by pressing quick melee and can start shooting basically instantly.

E does nothing to switch weapons, even after resetting to defaults which are garbage. The only way I can use melee now is to remove both primary and secondary, and that will cause a lot of issues when there are many times a gun is needed.

Edited by DigitalNikki

5 minutes ago, YazMatazO said:

How do you decide that 'now' is more 'powerful' than before?...

I literally can't use a primary and a melee weapon together anymore, because I have no key to switch between the two, hence, I can't use Mouse 1 for both primary fire and melee attacks, which makes it more uncomfortable to do. Melee feels bad, man, and I play mostly melee.

There's an option in the setting to switch Melee attacks to the Fire button while in Melee mode.

2 minutes ago, Godzelda123 said:

You guys really didn't look at the full patch notes or Dev workshop did you? 

If you mean this

UNINTERRUPTED COMBAT
Immediately engage in all things Melee, without needing to lock yourself into Melee mode. This means seamless combat and combos -- no more interruptions between firearm and Melee!

COMBO RESUME
When interrupting a combo with gunfire, dodging, bullet jumping, or any parkour your next Melee attack will begin exactly where the combo left off !

AIMED GROUND SLAMS
Have more control of your Ground Slams. Use your aerial advantage to aim, and then target your Ground Slam for increased tactical precision.

VISUAL FX REDONE
Experience a beautifully redone FX pass with a refreshed style.

KEYBINDING CHANGES
Blocking is now automatic and is no longer keybound! The 'F' button exclusively swaps between Primary and Secondary weapons with a tap. Your mouse is now all gunplay; the left is gunfire, and the right is aim. Worry not Tenno, if you used your mouse to melee attack, there's a toggle option for you.

Yes, I read that. No the toggle doesn't fix anything. Sure it makes it so you can use the left mouse button for melee, but it doesn't fix the equip or not being able to swing a sword/melee weapon.

1 hour ago, KaizergidorahXi said:

There's an option in the setting to switch Melee attacks to the Fire button while in Melee mode.

Which option is that, if you don't mind. I looked... didn't find anything that fixes my problem. 

delete your warframe config and start fresh:

• X:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Warframe\EE.cfg
  • X:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Warframe\%account_hash%\settings

what you are experiencing sounds like a bug (obviously) and not a problem with the existing system

if you don't know your account hash, just delete the newest folder. if no one else has logged in on your account there will be only one.

if you still experience issues then file a bug report.

and, in case it wasn't clear: quick melee, melee attack, and equip melee have all been merged into one key. melee attack will equip melee and perform a quick attack, after that it will stay equipped and perform regular equipped melee attacks.

Edited by MesaPrime

6 minutes ago, MesaPrime said:

delete your warframe config and start fresh:

• X:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Warframe\EE.cfg
  • X:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Warframe\%account_hash%\settings

what you are experiencing sounds like a bug (obviously) and not a problem with the existing system

if you don't know your account hash, just delete the newest folder. if no one else has logged in on your account there will be only one.

if you still experience issues then file a bug report.

and, in case it wasn't clear: quick melee, melee attack, and equip melee have all been merged into one key. melee attack will equip melee and perform a quick attack, after that it will stay equipped and perform regular equipped melee attacks.

Deleting files doesn't fix anything.

You should learn more about environment variables are and how to use them. My user account is the only one on the PC, and it's not in "X:\Users\" X or any letter.

You should be telling people

• %localappdata%\Warframe\EE.cfg
  • %localappdata%\Warframe\>account_hash<\settings
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DigitalNikki said:

You should learn more about environment variables are and how to use them. My user account is the only one on the PC, and it's not in "X:\Users\" X or any letter.

unfortunately you are an outlier, as the vast majority of players will not have a relocated user folder, and those that do are surely smart enough to understand that their folder is in a different location; I more meant what I said as an exampls and not really as directly resolvable paths; I apologize for not being in programmer mode after having to do it all day... anyway, afaik localappdata wasn't even populated until some time in 7's lifespan, though I suppose now that the minimum requirements are being raised it's not unsafe to assume it is.

regardless, just file a bug report. it should be expected with DE's track record that things break when mainline's come out. pressing melee should always equip it, if it doesn't that's a bug... and it's not like we're in a shortage of those—eg., blocking is currently being poorly handled:

• combos that still use block are broken(!!!)
  • forced to block even if you don't want to
  • auto-blocking in air forces air glide
  • can't air glide with melee out (only cosmetic but still noteworthy)

Spoiler

as an aside, I find your attitude passive aggressive. if this was not intended I apologize, otherwise you should learn more about how to not do that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MesaPrime said:

unfortunately you are an outlier, as the vast majority of players will not have a relocated user folder, and those that do are surely smart enough to understand that their folder is in a different location; I more meant what I said as an exampls and not really as directly resolvable paths; I apologize for not being in programmer mode after having to do it all day... anyway, afaik localappdata wasn't even populated until some time in 7's lifespan, though I suppose now that the minimum requirements are being raised it's not unsafe to assume it is.

regardless, just file a bug report. it should be expected with DE's track record that things break when mainline's come out. pressing melee should always equip it, if it doesn't that's a bug... and it's not like we're in a shortage of those—eg., blocking is currently being poorly handled:

• combos that still use block are broken(!!!)
  • forced to block even if you don't want to
  • auto-blocking in air forces air glide
  • can't air glide with melee out (only cosmetic but still noteworthy)

Reveal hidden contents

as an aside, I find your attitude passive aggressive. if this was not intended I apologize, otherwise you should learn more about how to not do that.

That doesn't change that you should learn more. As if you can play Warframe on XP/2000/98/95...... What next? You somehow play it on Windows 3.1?

There is no place to file bug reports, and if I'm lucky I'll get a reply from support by 2030. Just like EPIC Games, RockStar, UbiSoft they don't care about their customers.

Melee 3.0, it's more like Melee Nerf 1.0

Edited by DigitalNikki

4 minutes ago, DigitalNikki said:

That doesn't change that you should learn more.

chill. I do not appreciate your attitude or insinuation that I do not already know such a simple concept, despite already demonstrating knowledge of it. I already apologized for not using the correct terminology despite the fact that I doubt anyone but you cares. this is a casual forum, not a tech emporium.

As if you can play Warframe on XP/2000/98/95...... What next? You somehow play it on Windows 3.1? 

you could play it on XP, but as I said the minimum requirements were raised. again, chill.

There is no place to file bug reports

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• Like 1

I think we still need the melee mode(hold F). Well how about this, we have gun mode and melee mode before right? and what they're trying doing is do make the switching between these modes faster. So how about we have a gun/sword mode exactly like what we have now but its more like this:

'E' for quick melee and RMB for quick snipe to shoot the gun(since blocking is automatic now).

Yeah my only complain is the hold f to melee mode is removed. (They said LMB for channeling but i can't seem to do this even when unequipping my guns)

Why don't u guys try unequipping your primary and secondary, only melee? It feels off

2 hours ago, John_Steak729 said:

I think we still need the melee mode(hold F). Well how about this, we have gun mode and melee mode before right? and what they're trying doing is do make the switching between these modes faster. So how about we have a gun/sword mode exactly like what we have now but its more like this:

'E' for quick melee and RMB for quick snipe to shoot the gun(since blocking is automatic now).

Yeah my only complain is the hold f to melee mode is removed. (They said LMB for channeling but i can't seem to do this even when unequipping my guns)

Why don't u guys try unequipping your primary and secondary, only melee? It feels off

If we had the ability to equip melee like before (it had it's own button before, it wasn't just hold F), quick melee like before so we don't need to press 2+ buttons get the same effect as quick melee, and manual blocking it would be a great update. Other than the auto block, it's pointless key-bind changes the game would be better off without.

My Valkyr Build is ruined with this update because of auto block. I relied on taking damage to gain energy using rage. I didn't block before because I did not need to, and because the majority of the time health was restored faster than it was damages by the kavat I built to go with Valkyr. If my health dropped to quickly I would just use Hysteria. If were going to be able to get more than one Umbra Forma I was going to use those mods for more health and armor, but now it's just a waste.

So from what i see. Alot of ppl are having this issue or can't aim issue . Because of the new update that has been on. But there's no fix at the moment i believe . So either send ticket to DE n ask For fix, or Report as bug n hopefully they fix all this soon.

Edited by (PS4)salem9080
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DigitalNikki said:

The sarcasm is lost on you. No one was angry.

I totally agree with you DigitalNikki. I cant say anything "Bad" about the update because everyone claims that I don't know what I'm talking about or I'm doing it wrong when most of the time the same ppl telling you that I'm just a troll do not even know what a console is. They want everything to be a safe space and everyone not to question them because if you do you are a troll. I have spent the past 3 hr's trying to fix my key bindings once i get something to work half way then something else would brake Cant use archwing because my keys "Ctrl" and "Space" will not work to speed up. And for the ppl that think nothing is wrong and it is my lack of knowing how to use a computer then your wrong. I have tried fixing this in windows and in linux... Wait whats that I use linux and can play warframe how is the possible? If you don't know how then do not try and tell me I'm doing things wrong.

7 hours ago, (PS4)salem9080 said:

So from what i see. Alot of ppl are having this issue or can't aim issue . Because of the new update that has been on. But there's no fix at the moment i believe . So either send ticket to DE n ask For fix, or Report as bug n hopefully they fix all this soon.

I tried to send a bug report, and got told to contact support. Surprisingly I got a reply from support, but they just told me to use the forums here...

Edited by DigitalNikki
replied in quote by mistake