Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

new melee can only be nerfed

cyntreau

1 minute ago, TylerFreeman said:

That's a bad assumption to gauge first day experience on the new system.

For dedicated melee players who want to have the functionality of block and melee aim glide, no, it isn't an assumption. It's a clear loss of functionality.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Moosegomoo said:

How can melee be less powerful if there were no changes to damage whatsoever?

because its new and people hate change and refuse to even give change a day. so people will make nonsenical complaints. same thing happened when DE got rid of coptering.

people who complain about "getting more distance." with coperting then with bullet jump even though they moved the same distance. 

Edited by hazerddex
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

because its new and people hate change and refuse to even give change a day. so people will make nonsenical complaints. same thing happened when DE got rid of coptering.

people who complain about "getting more distance." with coperting then with bullet jump even though they moved the same distance. 

Coptering was a bit silly, but if you're going to say a bullet jump gets you as far as a dedicated coptering weapon used to that's just demonstrably false. That's precisely why it got removed.

14 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

For dedicated melee players who want to have the functionality of block and melee aim glide, no, it isn't an assumption. It's a clear loss of functionality.

Sure, it is technically jarring to go through sudden changes but we've been prepared for its arrival for quite some time. Remember, this is 2.9. It's still gonna have to go through a few tweaks and whatnot since I myself have felt that suddenly zooming threw me off for a bit but you get used to it soon after.

We shouldn't demand changes asap but at least try and adjust or adapt in a better case of it all.

12 minutes ago, TylerFreeman said:

Sure, it is technically jarring to go through sudden changes but we've been prepared for its arrival for quite some time. Remember, this is 2.9. It's still gonna have to go through a few tweaks and whatnot since I myself have felt that suddenly zooming threw me off for a bit but you get used to it soon after.

We shouldn't demand changes asap but at least try and adjust or adapt in a better case of it all.

We lost functionality when we lost manual blocking and aim gliding with melee. It's that simple. It's not too much to ask for a return to that functionality. All that is required is allowing us to bind that to a key again. We're not asking them to do anything radical.

Melee is actually more powerful now in damage output, just less fun and incredibly buggy.

CO builds that add extra conditions via primary/secondary can use channeling exodia much more easily to boost damage now. Overall a miss on this phase of a totally unnecessary melee rework though. Should have done a balance pass on the weapons/rivens and some minor tweaks, waste of resources overall. Don't fix that which isn't broken.

Edited by Buttaface

18 hours ago, xxxxxxxecho said:

I'm guessing bad news comes easier when split into 'phases' I can already tell melee is less powerful day one after the update. Not a fan. Sorry DE.

What are you talking about, dude? All real gamers use spin macro. Just use macro, everything's fine :crylaugh:🤣:crylaugh:

3 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

We lost functionality when we lost manual blocking and aim gliding with melee. It's that simple. It's not too much to ask for a return to that functionality. All that is required is allowing us to bind that to a key again. We're not asking them to do anything radical.

I can agree to that since I've gotten so used to manually holding F for some time, still, we're probably gonna have to wait a while for them to read our feedback of course.