Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing enemies horribly broken after 24.4.1 update

Hobie-wan

Archwing enemies are all really really broken after the 24.4.1 hotfix. Corpus drones and jetpack guys are moving too fast and crashing into walls like they're drunk. Locust drones from carriers don't seem to move at all after being launched. Grineer enemies are moving very very slow. Not sure what Gox and Ogma are doing, didn't go find them to test.

I am experiencing the same thing.  Watching the corpus fly around is like watching someone play space engineers or avorion without inertial dampeners.  I didn't test the grineer archwing, but it wouldn't surprise me if there just as broken.

And of course this happens right when a Razorback Armada is upon us...

Well now it's going to be a pain to farm any ALU until this gets hot-fixed.  However, if you have an Amesha you can slow them down enough to actually hit them.  Otherwise the corpus enemies just zip around trying to get close to you.

I recorded a lot of footage on this, at first I thought I was just extremely rusty with proper Archwing missions, and then I saw several enemies clipping into level geometry. That's when I decided to record.

I hope this gets patched out because the Razorback event is one of my favorites, farming for those ALUs have been an extremely annoying undertaking because of this. As for the video, I'll try to compile them as soon as I can. But I think a task as simple as checking out any Corpus Archwing mission would be the best way to prove this bug's existence.

7 hours ago, Marabar said:

Well now it's going to be a pain to farm any ALU until this gets hot-fixed.  However, if you have an Amesha you can slow them down enough to actually hit them.  Otherwise the corpus enemies just zip around trying to get close to you.

I was still able to hit them fine with fluctus since that has a giant hitbox on its projectiles. Melee should probably also work well since it will target and zip you to an enemy that's close by. At least it does with that melee target option on for the game. Hope that helps in the mean time.

• Like 1

I was still able to hit them fine with fluctus since that has a giant hitbox on its projectiles. Melee should probably also work well since it will target and zip you to an enemy that's close by. At least it does with that melee target option on for the game. Hope that helps in the mean time.

This is very much true.  However, it still shows that unless you have a very wide projectile based Archwing weapon your not going to be killing them any time soon.  Melee is also a hit and miss.  Yes it does auto lock you on to an enemy if it is in range and you are looking at it, but the problem is getting to the enemy in the first place without him sliding away from you due to their broken speed.  I can verify you can use melee, but it's not a fun alternative.  I would rather deal with keeping warding grace up the entire mission to bring the enemy back to sudo-normal speeds rather than try and play tag with them.

Though in my case there isn't much else I can do.  The only real weapon I have in Archwing is a Velocitous.  Now try using that in a scenario where you have to lead your shot by a mile for a target 3 feet in front of you.  XD

3 minutes ago, Marabar said:

Though in my case there isn't much else I can do.  The only real weapon I have in Archwing is a Velocitous.  Now try using that in a scenario where you have to lead your shot by a mile for a target 3 feet in front of you.  XD

Oh definitely. I wouldn't want to be trying to snipe or plink them to death right now.

13 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

Archwing enemies are all really really broken after the 24.4.1 hotfix. Corpus drones and jetpack guys are moving too fast and crashing into walls like they're drunk. Locust drones from carriers don't seem to move at all after being launched. Grineer enemies are moving very very slow. Not sure what Gox and Ogma are doing, didn't go find them to test.

Gox is also moving stupid fast like the rest of the Corpus Archwing enemies. Ogma is hardly moving.

Second that this is annoying during a Razorback event.

The Corpus enemies seem to be the only ones force fed gallons of espresso before loading into a map. It would be nice to have this fixed before the end of the affinity weekend since I was planning on leveling the last few Archweapons at Salacia but that's not happening while they're this bugged out.

Can confirm drunk Corpus in Salacia on Neptune. Most are just flying into walls and staying there, not even getting to the Mobile Defense target. While this may be visually amusing, it drastically decreases any kind of challenge, as they are all grouped up together and not really moving once they hit the wall.

Same experience. Decided to finish off the last archwing weapons I have. Watching these enemies is like watching a child that ate 5 candy bars. Leveling charged type archguns is slightly frustrating trying to hit enemies. This is on Salicia. I'll just do a different type of mission next time.

Corpus zipping around at high speed until they get stuck in the geometry is fustrating. Easily outpacing most archwing weapons. Not that they can't be hit... but damn it's annoying.

Then there is the Grineer enemies... that's a whole other story. No-one here seems to have mentioned. Tried Archwing Pursuit mode lately? lol. Was keen to farm that for a bit then realised that would probably be a bad idea. But fair is fair, right? Do 1 broken Corpus mission for 1 broken Grineer mission? Hmm.. I wonder what Jordas is up to... ?

Edited by acidion

A fair point. But in this case I think it's best to let them know the whole lot is completly borked! Corpus running at 2x speed and Grineer running at .5x (sorta).

Someone has clearly tweaked the wrong thing.

Edited by acidion

Just did a few rounds of Salacia (Corpus MobiD) and there was tons of stuff wrong with it.

• Mobs get stuck on environment: At one point there were about 15 of them in a single corridor - unable to move.
  • Mobs spawn without aggro: They are just in the middle of a corridor and start doing stuff once they see you.
  • Mobs are way too fast
  • Melee hits didn't seem to register well for me: I'd jump towards them with my Onorix as usual but deal 0 damage.

I'm pretty sure it's host having bad connection
because I only see something like this happen when I have 9k ping (matchmaking works purrfect don't change it DE)
@eurotransient your gif.. we can clearly see that you are lagging when dron "blinks"

Edited by Lunatyk17

8 minutes ago, Lunatyk17 said:

I'm pretty sure it's host having bad connection
because I only see something like this happen when I have 9k ping (matchmaking works purrfect don't change it DE)
@eurotransient your gif.. we can clearly see that you are lagging when dron "blinks"

Hard to tell in the gif, but I have the framerate and ping bar in the photo and the ping is at about 100ms. This happened on about five straight runs. The gif doesn't convey it greatly, but trust me, something is very off.

On 2019-03-09 at 8:18 PM, DJ_Zephyr said:

Same issue at Galilea- the Corpus are ricocheting around like ping-pong balls.

And just in time to completely screw over my shot at that Catalyst.  As if I didn't already hate ALU farming enough already...

I already did 10 Razorback kills, so I'm not planning on doing any more of those. But if the event is still running until Tuesday morning (I forget how much time was left) I'm willing to help people get the ALUs if I'm not in the middle of something else Monday night. I will probably run a sortie plus the daily for Nora, but otherwise if you catch me I can probably take time to help kill stuff for people to grab ALUs.

Also Grinners enemies seems to be on the opposite, slow does not moves much. Jordas Golem Assassination Mission buuged the same. Ospray tends to hoover still, Only attack tenno when going near. Boss itseft vastly ignores player too, mostly just flies around, not activly targets tenno either.