Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exploiter Orb

BenaBean

Question

I have been trying to do the exploiter orb for phase 2 of the buried debts event for 2 days now.

First day I played, the game gave me no direction on what to do and once I figured that out, the game would not let me use abilities. Got really upset and quit for the night. Today I got back on, looked through some more posts on here and watched some youtube videos and decided to try again. Spent all afternoon putting formas on my rhino prime and getting a better set up on him with Iron Shrapnel and his other augment for rhino charge (ironclad charge). I really like my new build better since it features duration and efficiency over range so that my abilities can all be used for only 20 energy. Anyways, I went back down to the orb. Got the first phase done and the orb went outside for the second part of the fight. When I went out, the orb was not there. Went back in and then out. Still not there. Returned to fortuna since there was nothing else to do and was forced to redo the entire fight from the start. A little annoying sure, but this event is only one day old so I cannot give it too much anger for being glitchy.

Anyways, I got the first part of the fight done once more with no deaths whatsoever. The second time, the orb spawned outside as it should. I got the first part of the thermia section complete and tore off the orb's side panel and destroyed it. Did the same thing again and the other panel was destroyed. ALL I had to do was let the orb overheat once more, tear off its head, and that would be it. It was already at less than half health.

But the end of the story? I could not beat the last section of the thermia phase. Every time I got one of the capsules from the raknoids, there would be others near her heailing the orb. All of the fissures were so far away to the point where whenever I went to go seal a capsule and get it ready to throw at the orb, she was back to full charge thanks to the raknoids. The game seems to think that I can be in two places at once. I stayed by her and tried my very best to kill all of them but could not go to the fissures without being overwhelmed. Decided to give up on going to the fissures and hoped that just stopping the raknoids from getting to her would be enough. Got flamethrowered once and they all healed her. Tried to get the capsules going again and could not get over the raknoid healing. No matter how much I threw at her, the raknoids would always heal her 2 times over before I even got back in throwing distance. Died for the fourth time and quit. 

Now I have seen dozens of people on here saying that "this is the best boss in the game" and that "she is not hard to fight, I solo killed her fine". 

I have been playing warframe on computer since january 2018. I played on xbox starting in 2016 but that was long before Fortuna, let alone Plains of Eidolon came out. Obviously I took some breaks in there but I just do not understand what I am doing wrong. I can send pics of my weapon builds but the fact that the majority of people are able to complete the orb by themselves bewilders me. I have watched countless videos and understand the mechanics of the fight but it is just not working out. The fact that some people with half the amount of time in the game as me are able to breeze through this fight really hurts the game experience for me and makes me feel like I have been doing something incredibly wrong these last 3 years.

6 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, BenaBean said:

Now I have seen dozens of people on here saying that "this is the best boss in the game" and that "she is not hard to fight, I solo killed her fine". 

The first time I went through the fight solo it took about 45 minutes. My frame was not the problem, my weapons were. All I see you mention is your frame. What weapons are you using, and what builds? Because this will be the major thing.

• I just gave up on hitting it with thermia in the end. I ended up just focusing more on killing all of the raknoids. Then collecting a couple thermia and hitting the orb. Repeat until dead. It was easy enough once I figured out my plan, but it took ages.

I took a Valkyr Prime, Sancti Tigris, Zakti and Atterax. The secondary and melee were both terrible choices. I swapped them out for a Vaykor Marelock and Orvius for every other run.

11 minutes ago, BenaBean said:

The fact that some people with half the amount of time in the game as me are able to breeze through this fight really hurts the game experience for me and makes me feel like I have been doing something incredibly wrong these last 3 years.

Your forum account is three months old. You may just be lacking the correct mods/weapons for the fight. Forget about how quickly others do it. Get a decent loadout and take your time (share it here, let people comment on it). Who cares if your first run takes an hour? Yes, it is not ideal. But wouldn't you feel better if you complete it?

3 minutes ago, krc473 said:

The first time I went through the fight solo it took about 45 minutes. My frame was not the problem, my weapons were. All I see you mention is your frame. What weapons are you using, and what builds? Because this will be the major thing.

• I just gave up on hitting it with thermia in the end. I ended up just focusing more on killing all of the raknoids. Then collecting a couple thermia and hitting the orb. Repeat until dead. It was easy enough once I figured out my plan, but it took ages.

I took a Valkyr Prime, Sancti Tigris, Zakti and Atterax. The secondary and melee were both terrible choices. I swapped them out for a Vaykor Marelock and Orvius for every other run.

Your forum account is three months old. You may just be lacking the correct mods/weapons for the fight. Forget about how quickly others do it. Get a decent loadout and take your time (share it here, let people comment on it). Who cares if your first run takes an hour? Yes, it is not ideal. But wouldn't you feel better if you complete it?

What do you mean? My forum account (pc account) is from january 2018. That is from over a year ago when I first got this game on computer. I have a mod collection worth 47,000 in the in game rater thing.

I used the opticor vandal with 3,500 magnetic damage and a lex prime with over 2k corrosive damage 

I spent over 40 minutes on it and trust me, I would have stayed in that game if I felt like I could have beaten it. I could care less how long it took.

I tried the same raknoid approach you did but I could not stop them from getting to the orb. I mean I kid you not, it seemed like dozens of them were there. 

Fun fact, you can actually stack up thermia capsules; fill one up, go to an area that won't get attacked by the exploiter orbs orbital bombardment or where you would shoot (as both of these would blow them up) but still close enough that you can hit her from that spot with a canister, and switch to your primary (thus dropping the thermia). Stack about 5~6 of them (maybe more).

Then wait for her to release a new wave of fractures (as this cools her off) and kill any nearby coolant spiders, then spam the canisters at her.

Also, Exploiter orb and coolant orb are weak to cold and radiation so i would recommend using those elements.

Hope this helps.

20 minutes ago, BenaBean said:

What do you mean? My forum account (pc account) is from january 2018.

Oops. I forgot what year it was. That's my mistake :facepalm:.

I used the opticor vandal with 3,500 magnetic damage and a lex prime with over 2k corrosive damage 

Damage types might matter. According to the wiki (not in-game so cannot confirm) the Orb should be weak to Corrosive. That seems like it could be a mistake, as everything else has a different armour type that is weak to Radiation. The coolant raknoids and Profit-Taker are both weak to radiation. So it seems likely that would be the case here. Magnetic is not a good choice, these enemies are resistant to it. And Corrosive appears to be fairly neutral.

• This is assuming Exploiter and Profit-Taker have the same armour types.

I tried the same raknoid approach you did but I could not stop them from getting to the orb. I mean I kid you not, it seemed like dozens of them were there. 

After a while, I found that provided I hit with more thermia than they did with cold it was fine. If you have a range build on Rhino, you might be able to CC at least a few of the raknoids before they can fire their coolant. Gara is another sensible choice for this. However, Gara works better when not solo, due to durability issues. You cannot use the shielding ability, as it was breaking the canisters.

Edited by krc473

2 hours ago, krc473 said:

After a while, I found that provided I hit with more thermia than they did with cold it was fine. 

I think this is what I did the first time I Solo'd this fight and won.... then the 2nd and third time I failed because for whatever reasons the Cannisters would vanish whenever I dropped in into a fissure.

On top of that... I swear the game is cheating with how it spawns Raknoids. I've seen these guys move... and they are very fast... they will also Deploy their coolant if they get even Mildly close to the Exploiter.  However they are so suppose to spawn from extremely far away.... and the first one does .. so I void dash and kill it then I turn around and find two raknoids are not only right at the Orb but they've already deposited their coolant. 

So just to confirm my suspicion I waited for the  next wave of Roknoids to appear... and then i see one far away in the distance... However rather than chasing after it like I did last time I did another quick scan of the environment to make sure there weren't any others that were close... and there weren't any at all... so right from where I was I long shotted the Raknoid... turned around and boom... just like last Time... two Raknoids already at the Orb... Coolant already deposited... I swear to god it literally only took two seconds for me to kill the raknoid before I turned around.... It seems like the game is spawning these jerks literally right from behind the camera.

I can't do this fight in a group because I just keep getting disconnected. But at the same time I can't do it alone because  the game isn't playing by the rules and just cheats whenever im not looking.....

Você quer testar se você tem algo estranho?
Pegue o seu archwing e fique sniper acima do Orb ... cara, se o Orb estiver perto do morro ou da montanha as aranhas começarem a desovar embaixo do Orb, isso é ridículo, eu tentei incontáveis vezes ir com o esquadrão e eu não pude , Eu simplesmente fui tirado do esquadrão e estava sozinho no mapa, eu consegui derrotar o solo uma vez, depois disso são palhaçadas, duas vezes seguidas Orb não apareceu na saída da caverna e as vezes parecia que a mesma coisa aconteceu Aranha atrás de aranha, eu Concentrei-me às vezes apenas impedindo-os de esfriar o Orb, mas não adiantava nada, pois o Orbe se aproximou das colinas, apenas arrefeceu, peguei Archwing e estava no topo do que estava acontecendo e algumas vezes algumas aranhas apareciam embaixo do Orb, todo o processo para o Orb e já comecei no Archwing,novamente ele simplesmente resfriou mesmo se eu deixasse cair as aranhas assim que elas aparecessem a visão ... simplesmente ridículo, segundo dia jogado no lixo neste evento só para passar raiva e ser expulso do elenco, acho que estou em menos decepcionado com o que vi naquele incidente

Desculpe pelos erros ortográficos, Inglês não é minha língua nativa

Edited by MBRAlpha