Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get some UBER nightwave missions

Cephalycion

Something that awards a lot of nightwave standing but is almost impossible to do?

E.g.

Complete any mission of level 80 or higher without using abilities with all four Dragon Keys equipped.

Complete a mission of level 40 or higher without using any mods.

Capture 4 Eidolon Hydrolysts within a single night cycle on the Plains of Eidolon.

Something that gives endgame players a real challenge instead of boring tasks like 5 sorties

inb4 "I can't do it! It's too hard DE pls nerf! I want to be able to do every single mission even though I'm severely underleveled!"

Edited by Cephalycion
Edit for clarity

I don't agree with most of the OP challenge's example, but I do agree with him that there should be harder challenges and more Nightwave reputation each week.

Kuldor as for your input about needing a reward for harder content, it is the basis of every single thing in life. The harder you work, the "better" you are rewarded. Warframe is one of the rare game that I play that doesn't reward any kind of extra effort that you put into the game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, --Q--Krakov said:

Warframe is one of the rare game that I play that doesn't reward any kind of extra effort that you put into the game.

Well, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. For example Nidus is a really strong Warframe but the grind for him is hell. For example playing Conclave for 3 hours will net you grand total of garbage.

— Complete a 24 hour survival mission without caffeine

— Fire (and then retrieve) 10 million rounds

— Die from friendly fire 500 times in one mission

— Fully rank a Primed Flow with a Legendary Core and then dissolve it for Endo

Edited by xveganrox

Just now, xveganrox said:

— Complete a 24 hour survival mission without caffeine

— Fire (and then retrieve) 10 million rounds

— Die from friendly fire 500 times in one mission

— Fully rank a Primed Flow with a Legendary Core and then dissolve it for Endo

You monster.

4 hours ago, Cephalycion said:

Complete any mission of level 80 or higher without using abilities with all four Dragon Keys equipped.

This is not even close to hard. It just depends on the mission type, because I am sure Adaptation + Flow + QT Nidus can do this without much issue.

If you want something truly fun - Dissolve all your rivens.

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, --Q--Krakov said:

Kuldor as for your input about needing a reward for harder content, it is the basis of every single thing in life. The harder you work, the "better" you are rewarded. Warframe is one of the rare game that I play that doesn't reward any kind of extra effort that you put into the game. 

This is far from "rare." Rather, it's good game design. Video games are neither a job nor a professional sport. They're entertainment. Rewards exist not as payment for work done or athletic activity demonstrated, but as incentive to guide players through content. Well-designed games will typically over-reward median difficulty where most players are intended to stay, while under-rewarding low difficulty to push people into transitioning away from it and under-rewarding high difficulty to avoid pushing most players through challenges aimed at an exclusively small portion of the playerbase. If extreme challenges exist, they should be either not rewarded at all or severely under-rewarded, so as to ensure that the only people who attempt them are people actually looking for a challenge. There's no benefit to be had in essentially forcing your entire playerbase through your game's hardest challenges.