Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has DE stated anywhere whether or not diluted thermia goes away when the event ends?

equinator

Question

I've looked/asked all over for the answer to this, and all I get are people assuming it won't because the relay event resource doesn't.  Please don't reply with your personal idea of whether it will: I want to know if DE has communicated this.  I don't want all my thermia to ride on an assumption.

12 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, equinator said:

Please don't reply with your personal idea of whether it will: I want to know if DE has communicated this. 

I am not aware of DE specifying it anywhere. So, to you're getting my opinion based on logic.

I doubt DE would make it all vanish at the end of each period. This would have a negative impact. 

• No other recurring event removes the event resource(s) when it ends. Why would DE change that for this one? There is no logical reason for them to take it.

Side Note: I am not even being charged thermia to do the fight now. I assume the same goes for everyone else. How can you use it up if you cannot use it?

Edited by krc473

"Brief note about event recurrence: we have this set up to occur as a world event frequently. This will not be a case of Hildryn being inaccessible as Thermia Fractures will occur in the Orb Vallis regularly, enabling the boss fight. We will be monitoring for balance as always! 

"What is Diluted Thermia?"
Diluted Thermia is a resource you receive as a result of using a single Coolant Raknoid's canister to close 4 fractures. This can be banked and accumulated. Who knows... maybe they have a role in taking down a major threat...

Thermia Fractures will be coming back on a roughly bi-weekly basis.

When Thermia Fractures become systemic after the event ends, their role is to give you Diluted Thermia and bring a bit of activity to the Orb Vallis."

These are all direct quotes and the only things i could find that DE has said about Thermia. While no offcially just straight forward yes or no they seem to imply you can stock up and keep Thermia.

Edited by (PS4)ArcAvenger89

Well yeah its for a boss after that so basicly farm it and when the boss come you will be able to do a bunch of runs ^.^ anyway if you farm until Opticor Vandal you will have Enough diulted Thermia to your heart content ^.^ ( the boss is already up on PC you just need to know where it is)

Welcome to the forums tenno btw ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

14 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Side Note: I am not even being charged thermia to do the fight now. I assume the same goes for everyone else. How can you use it up if you cannot use it?

I have read and been told that it works like the derelict nodes where one person is charged entrance fee and everybody else gets free admission. Which means I believe DE intention to be even when the event is done those with Thermia will be able to help those without it do the orb fight.

Just now, (PS4)ArcAvenger89 said:

I have read and been told that it works like the derelict nodes where one person is charged entrance fee and everybody else gets free admission. Which means I believe DE intention to be even when the event is done those with Thermia will be able to help those without it do the orb fight.

Oh, I know how it is meant to work. But I was running with just two people, neither were getting charged to start it. I have done many runs and used under five thermia. It seemed to just stop consuming them after a couple of patches. Maybe I am just lucky - it wont let my Kavat partake in the fight at all, so something is a little off.

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

Oh, I know how it is meant to work. But I was running with just two people, neither were getting charged to start it. I have done many runs and used under five thermia. It seemed to just stop consuming them after a couple of patches. Maybe I am just lucky - it wont let my Kavat partake in the fight at all, so something is a little off.

Maybe they stop charging til the fight gets fixed seeing all the issues the fight is having at the moment, so much so that after releasing buried debt on consoles earlier this week they have now delayed phase 2 and phase 3 of the event on console til further notice.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)ArcAvenger89 said:

Maybe they stop charging til the fight gets fixed seeing all the issues the fight is having at the moment

That would be sensible. But we are getting off topic. It was more a statement for the OP: “it appears that you cannot use what you have now anyway”.

From other events, it  doesn't go away, but you do have to do it all again next time it pops up. As events do have an item used as a counter which doesn't show up in the player's inventory, it's used to keep score, like razorbacks killed for instance. That does get wiped at the beginning of each of those events.

So the thermia stays. Just keep it with you in case we have to dump it on top of the last orb of the Valis to force it out of the coolant it's bathing in. Or fuel up a ship or something.

1 hour ago, (PS4)salem9080 said:

I don't know what are these or what for either . If any can tell would be good to know 

Item from Orb Vallis Fracture event (closing fractures 4x with one can) which supposed to be used to summon Exploiter Orb boss.