Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rebalancing of Rivens

AbioticViper

Except I don't HAVE a Ultra-GodTeir Opticor Riven plus 5 others to trade for that one Rubico Riven~

But in all seriousness, I don't think this "One Simple Step" will fix the Riven Market at all, only collapse its more Casual and Beginner Side as no one is going to want to go through the loop holes to get the one thing they want, nor will they want to Trade a Riven if all they're going to get back is, surprise, just another Riven.

44 minutes ago, AbioticViper said:

This would completely fix the pricing of rivens and introduce a fairer meta for all.

Other things have Plat value.

Other things become as valuable as Plat in Riven trades. I agree to buy your Riven with this worthless one by first trading something to you worth what I want to pay for the Riven. Your fix changes nothing, ultimately, and just makes it into a further entrenched market for people to screw over less experienced players.

The metagame is uncaring. It is neither fair nor unfair. It is an abstract concept on top of the game that exists whether you want it to or not. Shift one thing and another thing changes to fit the gap.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Other things have Plat value.

Other things become as valuable as Plat in Riven trades. I agree to buy your Riven with this worthless one by first trading something to you worth what I want to pay for the Riven. Your fix changes nothing, ultimately, and just makes it into a further entrenched market for people to screw over less experienced players.

The metagame is uncaring. It is neither fair nor unfair. It is an abstract concept on top of the game that exists whether you want it to or not. Shift one thing and another thing changes to fit the gap.

That involve you trusting the player to

A) Give them plat and wait for Riven

B) Give your groll riven and wait for plat.

Youd really want to trust the player wouldnt you 😉

ANd if you got screwed it would be YOUR fault for trying to bypass the system so only players that would be effected are those trying to cheat the system.

And name one item in the game that worths over 2k plat all year round every year 😉

10 minutes ago, AbioticViper said:

That involve you trusting the player to

A) Give them plat and wait for Riven

B) Give your groll riven and wait for plat.

Youd really want to trust the player wouldnt you 😉

ANd if you got screwed it would be YOUR fault for trying to bypass the system so only players that would be effected are those trying to cheat the system.

And name one item in the game that worths over 2k plat all year round every year 😉

There are Rivens listed for those prices. Can you point to a documented situation where a Riven actually sold for those prices?

6 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

There are Rivens listed for those prices. Can you point to a documented situation where a Riven actually sold for those prices?

Yes, im fairly like half the community knows someone who payed over 2k for rivens, one of my friends sold a Rubico for 4.5k. Everyone is aware of the prices these things sell for.

Sure a unrolled trasg Rubico sells for 400 on Ps4 alone.

Personally, I'd prefer rivens be untradeable, to further encourage players to work with what they get, and to curb the people who lowball new players who don't know what they've got. But riven-for-riven would probably be okay too.

But why would DE want that? People would buy less plat if they didn't have rivens to buy that cost 2-4k plat each. I'm pretty sure the target for rivens is professional streamers/youtubers who will pay any ridiculous price for rivens because they can write the plat purchases off as business expenses.

Edited by SableSonata

I think they would need to remove trading for rivens altogether, but that would really suck for people who can't find the riven for the weapon they like.

Maybe make it so only unrolled rivens can be traded, or only veiled rivens. But, then people can't give rivens to friends.