Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we hide the Fortuna "old mate" reveal?

Dr_Wonderful

Let's be honest, warframe is a game that is struggling a lot to create a universe for the game, and trying to exploit so many variables, it is inevitable that one hour this will displease some players. Does not please everyone (Like the spider fear quoted at the beginning of this topic on the first page, the player because of this fear does not play missions against Profit Taker, there is not what the developers do, it is a fatality that the player goes have to deal)

However a few things things think of to be rethought.

I think the design solution for the heads was very bold, the concept of brain shelved is interesting, but nevertheless it had a poor delivery for the players, this is clear in the experience of the players.

I believe the feeling the developers wanted from surprise with their heads hidden in the chest, mixed with the sense of confidence and intimacy of the NPCs to uncover their secret was ruined with a MIX of discomfort, confusion and a bit of disgust.

Not to mention that some players (including me) miss the voice with robotic tone, timbre that disappears at the moment that the NPCs appear their faces.

Spoiler

There was no need for a head on the chest, it could be nicely concealed with a mask similar to the one the Little Duck uses, and eventually show their faces with the top of the head clearly modified with some prothesis or even, they just keep a skin face with full tech neuro augment (photo ahead).

science_fiction_robot_cyberpunk-84163.jp

Its not the most original idea in the world and I know that [DE] loves to create her own universe, but I think she can take more modest steps. A game that is ninja, by irresponsible addition of Warframe is turning a D&D, has mage, necromancer, monk, elementals, everything! Game loses consistency.

-- -- -- --

But I'd like to take advantage of that space to talk about something else,

Despite all these criticisms, I believe that Fortuna stuff is not an urgent problem to be taken as urgent; The game has bigger problems and more urgently to deal with, I believe, how to stop being tough-headed and listen to the community as it comes to improving your ENDGAME missions experience.

The game already removed the Solar Rails, and now the Raids (which despite the solar rails DDOS, and the Raids bugs) were able to occupy and distract the veteran players, while you were able to create more content and the veteran players remained motivated to the point of being able to motivate the novices, a win-win.

If you want a hint, try exploring mechanics like the ones you used in Void Fissures to give random buffs to players in set of mini-bosses.

Spoiler

200?cb=20140918035809 

Mini-Boss - Orokin Sabotage

These buffs could come as a reward after killing a mini boss (like the Grinners sisters in the Orokin sabotage). Or even better, a rework of the Eximus 2.0 units, with richer mechanics, lines of speech, more exclusive character models that could even be reused to form the foundation of KingSpin.

Spoiler

Resultado de imagem para warframe boss taunt

I believe that eximus enemies should have some variations of small lines of speech in the game, sometimes small details that seem silly help very indirectly in immersion and quality of experience

Example: you are fighting in a Orokin tower, Vor appears every 10 minutes, and everything goes in slow motion, except warframes and Vor, everything is in slow motion to increase dramatization, and the bullets fly in slow motion too (debuff of firearms). After killing Vor (with his meele) you would gain a bonus of race, bullet jump, etc. Any idea that makes the gameplay more fun and that makes the player be surprised by it. As the minutes passed the buffs could accumulate creating unpredictable scenarios while the enemies get stronger, a unique experience.

Another improvement that would most encourage ENDGAME and motivate players would be to rework the rotations: AABC-AABC rotation system for something like AABC (20 minutes) BBCD (40 minutes) BCCD (60 minutes)  CCDD (80 minutes until the end)  I believe that with changes like these the game could gain a very interesting air without needing to be trying to create new types of missions that no one wants to play. (Arbiters, Defection, which although I love the concept that is perfect for the Warframes that save the system, is very dull and unrewarding, Archwing missions that have no graphic immersion appeal and dynamic enough for the player to feel at a battle of Star Wars, Conclave, Lunaro, etc.)

Try to leave the game more interesting before trying to create more content without relevance to the game, you can only hold some players for the vice of collecting and have everything or compete fashion frame and I believe that the game can be much more than that, it was not that's why most of the player base started playing Warframe and got interested in the game.

Edited by --Blame--