Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we hide the Fortuna "old mate" reveal?

Dr_Wonderful

I think they should add an "option"/"toggle" AFTER Old Mate is reached & the big reveal is made that allows players to keep the shudd...reveal...hidden.
It should only effect transmissions, Bounties, & regular everyday interaction.
Major cutscenes, & etc should keep the reveal impo.

I didn't mind the reveal until the recent event. The regular transmissions/bounty transmissions look really ackward/bad post reveal.

Meh. I'm used to it these days.

I used to say that Warframe is one of the most grimdark sci-fi fictional universe since Warhammer 40,000 - which if you've seen some of my other posts, you'll know I also love. I see this as the devs' way of reminding us that Warframe's universe is its own brand of dark and messed up. Just in case we forgot.

But, you know, I suppose having more options is good. I don't oppose your request.

Edited by KnossosTNC

16 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

You shouldn't play videogames if you're that sensitive.. oô

Cause every videogame in existence has Body-Horror in them. Come on. No need to troll. The Op has a legit complaint.
Many have spoken on this issue actually... *drags the dead horse out from the barn* See?

And @MagPrime possibly has Apotemnophobia, which is a very real phobia.

Only a few select few games have Body-Horror in them. Typically (not surprisingly) horror games & dark fantasy games are the only ones to even have a chance at that caliber of content.
(Destiny 2 had some with Vex limbs/Augments on Characters, and Destiny 1 had armor that gave folks a robotic arm.)

To be fair, before Fortuna Warframe's gore was typical for a Mature rated RPG. While the Fortuna reveal isn't gore, it's a different category of gore & it does make a larger (than I thought possible judging by these forums, youtube, in person, & reddit alone) number of people very uncomfortable.

The issue is that after reaching Old Mate it's a constant. Which is too much for some players. I personally liked the robotic voices more. The heads don't bother me (except for Leg's head for some odd reason...I guess it's because he looks so sad?)

Side Note:
Apotemnophobia is as real as Arachnophobia; I have a friend who literally runs from the Orb Mothers due to his (No-longer a Secret) Arachnophobia.
Will not lie...I laughed hard when he screamed & panicked at the sight of the Exploiter Orb when we were farming Thermia; my laughing stopped when I realized he was in the middle of a legitimate panic attack. Apparently he's ok when they are stationary but when they start moving/crawling...well it's game over. (I also now know why he refused to "Into the Spiderverse" with me. Ha!)

Needless to say...he avoid the Orbs. However, while the Orbs can be avoided (or I fight/solo them for him) Fortuna is a major part of well...the game.
You can't truly avoid interacting with the NPCs in Fortuna so a Toggle is very reasonable to request. Doesn't hurt anything/anyone.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Cause every videogame in existence has Body-Horror in them. Come on. No need to troll. The Op has a legit complaint.
Many have spoken on this issue actually... *drags the dead horse out from the barn* See?

And @MagPrime possibly has Apotemnophobia, which is a very real phobia.

Only a few select few games have Body-Horror in them. Typically (not surprisingly) horror games & dark fantasy games are the only ones to even have a chance at that caliber of content.
(Destiny 2 had some with Vex limbs/Augments on Characters, and Destiny 1 had armor that gave folks a robotic arm.)

To be fair, before Fortuna Warframe's gore was typical for a Mature rated RPG. While the Fortuna reveal isn't gore, it's a different category of gore & it does make a larger (than I thought possible judging by these forums, youtube, in person, & reddit alone) number of people very uncomfortable.

The issue is that after reaching Old Mate it's a constant. Which is too much for some players. I personally liked the robotic voices more. The heads don't bother me (except for Leg's head for some odd reason...I guess it's because he looks so sad?)

Side Note:
Apotemnophobia is as real as Arachnophobia; I have a friend who literally runs from the Orb Mothers due to his (No-longer a Secret) Arachnophobia.
Will not lie...I laughed hard when he screamed & panicked at the sight of the Exploiter Orb when we were farming Thermia; my laughing stopped when I realized he was in the middle of a legitimate panic attack. Apparently he's ok when they are stationary but when they start moving/crawling...well it's game over. (I also now know why he refused to "Into the Spiderverse" with me. Ha!)

Needless to say...he avoid the Orbs. However, while the Orbs can be avoided (or I fight/solo them for him) Fortuna is a major part of well...the game.
You can't truly avoid interacting with the NPCs in Fortuna so a Toggle is very reasonable to request. Doesn't hurt anything/anyone.

Not a phobia, just makes me uncomfortable.  

Kinda of like, a 300lb person wearing neon tigerstripes with counter neon polka dots.

Edited by MagPrime
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

You don't really have a sound argument to request the feature... "I don't like it so I should be able to turn it off."

That's a solid argument though. Games are meant to be fun and relaxing, if OP finds something disturbing, they can't have fun or relax.

It's you who has no arguments against it.

8 hours ago, Dr_Wonderful said:

So its really not aesthetically pleasing to me and i want to go back if possible

I'm always all for options. If you dislike something, you should be able to ignore it, if that something is in your face, you should be able to pull down a figurative shutter.

Edited by HugintheCrow
  • Like 2

I'll be honest. it doesn't really bother me, but then neither do spiders or needles, and I always say "if you hold a spider in one hand and a Syringe in the other, nobody will mess with you.", because 99.9% of people are scared of either one or both of those things.

I wouldn't be against an option, but I myself wouldn't use it. the thing that annoys me most about fortuna's NPCs are their accents.. who decided on super-hard Australian as their Accent? like nails on a chalkboard sometimes...

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

5 minutes ago, BallisticSalsa said:

Do ya'll get like this when you see amputees or people with horrible vicious scarring go about their daily lives?

Not attempting to call anyone out or even expect an answer. Just food for thought and self reflection.

No, amputees do not make me uncomfortable.  People who keep their heads in a box, strapped to their chests make me uncomfortable.

This isn't really a reasonable comparison.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I'll be honest. it doesn't really bother me, but then neither do spiders or needles, and I always say "if you hold a spider in one hand and a Syringe in the other, nobody will mess with you.", because 99.9% of people are scared of either one or both of those things.

I wouldn't be against an option, but I myself wouldn't use it. the thing that annoys me most about fortuna's NPCs are their accents.. who decided on super-hard Australian as their Accent? like nails on a chalkboard sometimes...

Australian?

I've always thought they sounded like North Americans trying to do Cockney accents. Actually...now I think about it... :laugh:

Edited by FlusteredFerret

On 2019-03-30 at 12:13 PM, MagPrime said:

-Snip-

Maybe so but look at this this way...

Brutally slaughtering 100s of enemies in various ways, with blood & limbs flying everywhere is fine...

But heads in chests is a no-no?

Are you starting to see the paradox?

Far as I'm concerned its not a cop-out whatsoever. This is a game that features copious amounts of graphic violence...yet people have issues with "unusually configured" NPCs?

If you're okay with blood & gore then this shouldn't be an issue. OP even said it was purely an aesthetic issue for them...which as far as I'm concerned gets filed under "suck it up and deal with it".

5 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Australian?

I've always thought they sounded like North Americans trying to do Cockney accents... :laugh:

I really wish the Canadians would tap into their unique New Foundland and Labrador accent for some of their in-game worlds! What a bizarre and cool accent that!

It's supposed to make you feel uncomfortable imo. It's to remind you of just how low and disgusting the Corpus can go in the name of profit, to the point they harvest and sell off the body parts of not just men and women, but children too (the Vent Kids also have disembodied heads, just not stored in their chests.)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

If you're fine with gore you should be fine with this

But the thing is, there's a toggle for all of the gore if you don't like it.  There isn't a toggle for the stomach heads. 

Edited by Ferret_Nexus

It mostly bothers me because I cannot fathom how it was possibly any benefit to... anyone. At all. Why on earth would it seem like a good idea to anyone to spend a bunch of money on surgical procedures and all kinds of life support systems so that you could move someone's head down into their torso??? What was the benefit of this???? Even if you harvested all of their organs out because they were somehow worth more than the replacement life support systems, there's no reason to proceed to put their head in there. It just feels like it's supposed to be shock value for the sake of shock value.

but oh well. an option wouldn't hurt anyone.