Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop removing Nightwave missions

(PSN)whoistimjones

Every time something even a little difficult or requires a little investment is brought in to this game, people are going to complain. Not everyone needs access to everything. The 40 wave friend defense was removed, why? Because there are people who "don't/can't have enough time to do something like that". Then don't. You have time to complain on the forums, constantly, but don't have time to actually play the game? Makes zero sense and I'm sick of all this casual gamer bull in every single thing that's been added to the game. If they can't do 40 waves/hour of survival, that's their problem and they need to fix it, not the game. All this handholding is killing this game. The hardest part of 40 waves is staying awake because it's so easy.

And because my "criticism has to be constructive", here you go:

Instead of removing it from everyone who had no complaints about it, remove it from the people who seem to not have enough time or whatever.

Make it where it's only 10-20 waves but it's a specific location and the enemies start at a significantly higher level.

• Like 1

vor 21 Minuten schrieb (PS4)whoistimjones:

Heard the same thing for the index.

Index not showing completed was an UI bug, you actually got the standing.

The defense weekly didn't give you standing if you tried to complete it in the derelict. This is not the case of "casuals ruining muh fun", it actually didn't work.

If you had read the hotfixes and posts here on the forum by the devs you would know that.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, K4RN4 said:

But they were able to fix the index rathet quickly, plus doing 40 waves is time consuming, 3 rounds of index isn't

I thought it was just a UI bug? Still shows as incomplete for me.

As to the topic, rather than removing the thing from people who were able to complete it, and stealing the nightwave standing, they should have just made it so anyone who hadn't completed it had it replaced with something else.

4 hours ago, NezuHimeSama said:

I thought it was just a UI bug? Still shows as incomplete for me.

As to the topic, rather than removing the thing from people who were able to complete it, and stealing the nightwave standing, they should have just made it so anyone who hadn't completed it had it replaced with something else.

Yes, it will remain looking like it's incomplete but the actual UI bug was fixed so that it shows up as complete if you do it. It does not retroactively mark it as complete. Did it a second time just in case which set it as conplete but naturally I did not get the rep since I already got that the first time. 

10 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

Index not showing completed was an UI bug, you actually got the standing.

The defense weekly didn't give you standing if you tried to complete it in the derelict. This is not the case of "casuals ruining muh fun", it actually didn't work.

If you had read the hotfixes and posts here on the forum by the devs you would know that.

Well, considering my friend got the standing and he didn't do direlect(easy AF) Im highly doubtful that was the reason. Even if it was true, a fix to get the standing would be pretty easy. So reading the notes isn't the problem here. Believe what you will though, guy.

10 hours ago, K4RN4 said:

But they were able to fix the index rathet quickly, plus doing 40 waves is time consuming, 3 rounds of index isn't

Sounds like a you problem. The entire game is time consuming, it's kinda the point. That's why there are drops at 1.25 drop chances.

vor 59 Minuten schrieb (PS4)whoistimjones:

Well, considering my friend got the standing and he didn't do direlect(easy AF) Im highly doubtful that was the reason. Even if it was true, a fix to get the standing would be pretty easy. So reading the notes isn't the problem here. Believe what you will though, guy.

That was literally the reason for them to change it, and while it would have probably been fixable on PC in a quick hotfix (we dont know that), that isn't true for console and apperently DE wanted to keep weeklies sync'd between consoles and PC. So the easier thing was to just swap out that weekly for another. At literally no point was the easyness of the weekly a concern here.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

Instead of removing it from everyone who had no complaints about it, remove it from the people who seem to not have enough time or whatever.

Hmm.

Now you know how us fans of Alerts feel. Sucks, doesn't it? You reap whatcha sow.

Pardon me while I enjoy a little well-earned schadenfreude.

6 hours ago, Nyx219 said:

Hmm.

Now you know how us fans of Alerts feel. Sucks, doesn't it? You reap whatcha sow.

Pardon me while I enjoy a little well-earned schadenfreude.

Reap what I saw? Might wanna look at what you're aiming at, I never cared about alerts one way or another. Take your blind rage elsewhere.

13 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

That was literally the reason for them to change it, and while it would have probably been fixable on PC in a quick hotfix (we dont know that), that isn't true for console and apperently DE wanted to keep weeklies sync'd between consoles and PC. So the easier thing was to just swap out that weekly for another. At literally no point was the easyness of the weekly a concern here.

No, the change was because people went to the easiest place(direlect, like really? You had to do that to beat a 40 min defense and wanna say it wasn't a difficulty thing, yet the survival was also a problem. An insult to my intelligence) And complained that it wasn't counting it. And it's a confirmation detector communication thing, I do know a hot fix would fix that, you didn't know.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb (PS4)whoistimjones:

No, the change was because people went to the easiest place(direlect, like really? You had to do that to beat a 40 min defense and wanna say it wasn't a difficulty thing, yet the survival was also a problem. An insult to my intelligence) And complained that it wasn't counting it. And it's a confirmation detector communication thing, I do know a hot fix would fix that, you didn't know.

Easiest? What about Defense missions on earth, venus or mercury? People chose the derelict because of what drops there. The weekly didnt specify any place or level so naturally derelict defense should count and the time people put into that mission shouldnt be wasted completely.

And yes a hotfix probably would have fixed it but, again, DE cant just throw out a hotfix on console, that would need Cert.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

Easiest? What about Defense missions on earth, venus or mercury? People chose the derelict because of what drops there. The weekly didnt specify any place or level so naturally derelict defense should count and the time people put into that mission shouldnt be wasted completely.

And yes a hotfix probably would have fixed it but, again, DE cant just throw out a hotfix on console, that would need Cert.

We just got a hot fix yesterday, what are you talking about? They don't need cert for server side fixes, dude, LMAO.

vor 14 Minuten schrieb (PS4)whoistimjones:

We just got a hot fix yesterday, what are you talking about? They don't need cert for server side fixes, dude, LMAO.

PS4 got a hotfix yesterday? Curious, I see no patchnotes or anything about that. Even if that would mean 6 days of people doing ODD and being screwed out of a standing reward they should have gotten.

And you are right: DE doesnt need Cert for server side changes, which is why it was possible for them to switch out the faulty weekly for a working one, but it wasnt possible to make the game recognize ODD as a proper defense for the weekly without an actual hotfix.

• Like 1