Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do Creators get their creations if accepted?

KillerDbat

I tried looking for this for a while with no luck. I was wondering if anybody who knows or has created something for the workshop that was accepted into the game, do you (the creator) get the creation for free or would you need to buy it? In my opinion, getting it for free would make sense, but at the same time, DE gets a cut of the profits so I guess it could also make sense that they would make you buy it.

its a viable question. i was a creator for an other game and we didnt get our stuff for free. but what we got was in-game currency and codes that coul be used to get the thing. so using the reward for our work we could obtain the item but we didnt just get it. also we werent paid or anything

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Marekthejester:

It would actually be weird if they didn't get it for free. Like if a creator buy his own skin, he's basically paying himself while losing some money due to third party cut...

Well not so weird at all. I mean its not really the same but look at universities. Their students write a sientific paper, which (at least in my country) needs to be puplished. But not by university but by paper companies and the university needs to put in their libary. To do so they need to buy it from the companies while they were paying the profs and for the things the student needed to write his sientific paper.

On 2019-03-31 at 10:08 AM, HitsuSan said:

We get it for free 🙂 It's weird like this is a question so many people asked me about for all these years...

Yeh, most of the time, in other projects, the contributor usualy recieves royalties or one time payment or discounts (if they work with some greedy indie dev haha) , but they still have to purchase thier own stuff. Such case was in fortnite. Where the dude got paid but reported that he still had to buy his own skin.

Hope that helps u understand why peeps are and will probably continue asking.

6 hours ago, Deshiel said:

Yeh, most of the time, in other projects, the contributor usualy recieves royalties or one time payment or discounts (if they work with some greedy indie dev haha) , but they still have to purchase thier own stuff. Such case was in fortnite. Where the dude got paid but reported that he still had to buy his own skin.

Hope that helps u understand why peeps are and will probably continue asking.

I'm sure it's because like in Warframe there's no system in place that does that sorts of things automatically, most likely if he'd asked he might have the item gifted to him by the devs. I'm not sure how it works on WF/Steam but in the beginning we didn't get them right away, a Dev had to manually add them to our account so it's just a matter of infrastructure. Anyway if you were wondering in Warframe we just get them as a twitch drop or any ingame gift, email attached 🙂

• 2 weeks later...