Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The optimization of plain is wonderful

DroopingPuppy

For now small objectives are slowly appears, and its detail is gets better when you are move closer to it. And, because of that, performance in plain is very improved. Also, loading time on plain is reduced as well.

Honestly, it is the best update on the plain what I have seen. Great work!

Edited by DroopingPuppy

idk how anyone could say performance has improved, since it's objectively worse across the board on every level. On minimum and maximum settings, it's more GPU and CPU demanding, resulting in lower framerates in every case.

I get that they made some optimizations to make some aspects of the pipeline run better, but that doesn't really mean anything for the performance of the end user when it's used to add more fluff rather than more frames. Also, frame pacing seems to be worse now, too, so it's not just a lower number, but a less smooth lower number.

I still use a GTX 760 GPU, I5-2500 CPU, 8GB RAM and 7200RPM HDD. I can confirm that the performance increased both roaming in the plains and loading the gate (with squad. Solo had no difference in load time).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Is wonderful for his PC, but he didnt ask other peeps how they feeling in the Plains!?

It is wonderful for their PC's!

Probably OP has a 5k bucks worth PC!

My PC is an old one that bought about a decade ago, and even at that time it was a used one. Although my graphic card was changed, but it is not the newest one either(NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660).

Edited by DroopingPuppy

1 hour ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

So how can be wonderful if texture are blured?

POE is showing 2.5gb vram on a 6gig card. most likely, even a 2g card will run higher texture settings fine.

What I don't get is how people are getting more performance. Maybe there's some missing feature on the driver I have, or it's something specific to windows 10 or something. For me, on 1060, using 384.76 on Windows 7, performance is, across the board, par or worse.

I am running an i5-8400 and RX 580 8GB system at 1080p max settings and yes the frames did dropped a bit, but the frame time is much more consistent. Frame time is different than FPS and it’s much more important, because it makes the game less stuttery on heavy graphics task (like people spamming simulor, staticor, and heavy fights)

Edited by DrivaMain

1 hour ago, NezuHimeSama said:

POE is showing 2.5gb vram on a 6gig card. most likely, even a 2g card will run higher texture settings fine.

What I don't get is how people are getting more performance. Maybe there's some missing feature on the driver I have, or it's something specific to windows 10 or something. For me, on 1060, using 384.76 on Windows 7, performance is, across the board, par or worse.

Am I mention: GPU, CPU, OS......?

I think I was mention blurriness of textures in plains!

So, what are u talking about?

I don't think a 660 is going to have blurry textures. If you're getting blurry textures, it could be that it's having trouble loading them in. Try optimizing the game cache.

For me, 4690k. I mentioned GPU and OS and driver version. Also, 32gb of DDR3 1866 with <10ns cl, <30ns tras. Also getting worse frame pacing post-update, and PoE never really had especially good frame pacing in my experience. It's not so bad when it's 40~60 and totally GPU bound, but once it's CPU bound at ~80, the frametimes are often above 16ms, sometimes jumping up to 18+. Before the update, I was seeing 80~100 with frametimes in the 11~14 range.

3 hours ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Are u sure what u talking about?

How blurrness of tree's can improved performance on plains!?

That's the basic of the 3D engine; if you don't apply an object on the screen, it doesn't cost your burden of the graphic card at all, and non-detailed object costs lesser burden than detailed object.

3 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

That's the basic of the 3D engine; if you don't apply an object on the screen, it doesn't cost your burden of the graphic card at all, and non-detailed object costs lesser burden than detailed object.

Show me, make screenshots for "Low, Medium and Huge" detail how looks like tree's inside plains, but the better is to record that. 🤗