Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

E/SO - Mechanics Change (Leeching)

Shadowh4nd

Part One:

• Enemies in Sanctuary Onslaught and Elite Sanctuary Onslaught no longer grant affinity, instead, a pool of affinity is gathered from all players during the zone.
  • This pool is granted at zone completion to each teammate, regardless of range.
  • The pool generates at the rate of (kills * (efficiency + 15%))

Part Two:

• Each player has a separate efficiency bar that increases when an ability damages an enemy or buffs an ally ("activity")
  • This individual efficiency/activity bar also gradually decreases over time but at a slower fixed rate that does not increase with the zone.
  • The player is granted the affinity pool at zone completion based on (pool * %activity)

Who this benefits:

• Nuke frames that are doing all the work can now enjoy affinity
  • Support frames that are buffing, CC'ing, healing
  • An active team with high efficiency gets up to 115% affinity
  • Lore buffs: Affinity range isn't real, and requiring players to act in a simulation increases data

Who this hurts:

• Melee frames that sit in the corner
Edited by Shadowh4nd
Clarity
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, FlyingDice said:

No. I like being able to get focus for the school of the lens on my melee weapon from other people nuking things at the same time that I gain focus for the lens on my frame from me nuking things.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

No I like bring unrank items to the mode so others can carry me to rank 30.

Looks like the concern here is that you're trying to get extra affinity from the affinity range. This is the point of the change in my post. You would not only get more - 115% at max efficiency, but also no longer have to worry about staying in range in order to receive it. This pool includes YOUR contribution as well as your teammates.

The system also punishes people that don't perform actions, reducing the amount that they can gain from the pool.

How this affinity is distributed could be discussed, but I'm assuming it would be split just like normal affinity range (25% frame, 25% per weapon, etc).

Edited by Shadowh4nd

33 minutes ago, Shadowh4nd said:

Looks like the concern here is that you're trying to get extra affinity from the affinity range. This is the point of the change in my post. You would not only get more - 115% at max efficiency, but also no longer have to worry about staying in range in order to receive it. This pool includes YOUR contribution as well as your teammates.

The system also punishes people that don't perform actions, reducing the amount that they can gain from the pool.

How this affinity is distributed could be discussed, but I'm assuming it would be split just like normal affinity range (25% frame, 25% per weapon, etc).

My starting assumption about proposals with complex changes to existing systems is that if DE did try to implement them, they wouldn't do so correctly or fully. The fewer moving parts, the better, and it's risky to ask for changes on something that's not especially broken in the current state.

3 hours ago, FlyingDice said:

risky to ask for changes on something that's not especially broken in the current state

Disagree with you there. Two things:

Assuming they'll make it worse

Assuming it isn't already bad

ESO in its current state favors leeching to participating. Sit in a game with a volt and or saryn. Do nothing. Eat the affinity. The vice versa is not true: The frames doing all the work receive only frame affinity and some small amount from the others. It's broken. It only works because some people simply want the rewards, other want their weapons specifically, so you kind of have to gamble at group comp of leeches to nukes.