Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop making the Saturn Six Fugitives Invincible!!!

(NSW)Kaizer

On 2019-04-07 at 11:22 PM, JaycemeSwain said:

Take a garuda(cause you can continously increase the damage of your 1) or have a tanky frame when you're trying to farm his ass

Except you don't farm Wolf.  Wolf farms you.  There are people who still haven't encountered him at all. You can't expect people to run around 100% of their Warframe playtime with tanky frames for the low off-chance he might appear. For tank mains this sounds natural, but other players who prefer playing with low-mod armored frames, not so much.  

Let's say you bring a Vauban to an interception mission because his abilities are obviously so handy there and Wolf shows up, what then?  "You should've brought a tanky frame" hind-sight reply isn't helping anybody.

Only advice I can give players who are struggling with this guy is to fill up your gear wheel with Specters. All of them. Syndicate + Warframe specters. Drop one of each out and keep them between you and the Wolf & minions. They will draw some aggro away from you, giving you more breathing room. Also, craft the Warframe specters with innate radiation weapons so their damage type helps a bit (Arca Plasmor, Phantasma).

1 hour ago, MystMan said:

Only advice I can give players who are struggling with this guy is to fill up your gear wheel with Specters. All of them. Syndicate + Warframe specters. Drop one of each out and keep them between you and the Wolf & minions. They will draw some aggro away from you, giving you more breathing room. Also, craft the Warframe specters with innate radiation weapons so their damage type helps a bit (Arca Plasmor, Phantasma).

Uh yes, then he pops in when a new player is in a nightmare mission and they do that to be killed by the specter. Bringing any frame with adaption on should surfice. having a good weapon and perhaps bringing a smeeta to maybe strip his armour. operator with an amp always helps. DE have made him easier cause the more casual player can't beat him easily

On 2019-04-07 at 10:32 PM, WhiteMarker said:

Ever fought Kela as a Sortie Boss? Or Vor?
There you can see what happens if bosses aren't immune to Status Procs. They melt.
Even though the Wolf is a crazy bullet sponge it is better than have him disappear the moment he spawns because of all the procs.

They should melt. This is the purpose and the perk of reaching the endgame: seeing how your abilities and gear has grown to the point that you can now butcher what was previously a hard challenge.

5 hours ago, MystMan said:

You can only use one warframe specter at a time. If you deploy a 3 star specter, then toss out a 1 star, your 3 star will vanish into thin air and be wasted.

3 hours ago, JaycemeSwain said:

Uh yes, then he pops in when a new player is in a nightmare mission and they do that to be killed by the specter. Bringing any frame with adaption on should surfice. having a good weapon and perhaps bringing a smeeta to maybe strip his armour. operator with an amp always helps. DE have made him easier cause the more casual player can't beat him easily

This requires you to:

-have adaptation (I don't have it, I've never seen any appeal in arbitrations and as such have barely ever touched them, new to medium players almost certainly won't even be able to do them)

-always carry around some gear which is explicitly dedicated towards an incredibly rarely spawning enemy

The latter point is incredibly stupid. Why should we have to arrange our builds around a rare random event?

On 2019-04-07 at 5:22 PM, JaycemeSwain said:

Not really, just means you have to focus on pure crit and damage, just like with the eidolons.

Take a garuda(cause you can continously increase the damage of your 1) or have a tanky frame when you're trying to farm his ass

And when you're not trying to farm his ass and he shows up, you just sit there and take it up yours? At least assassins go away if their target dies, but Wolf just keeps being there until everyone in the squad goes down, and at that point it's just obnoxious. I've been trying to get Nyx to see if she does something to the plot armor ragheads that spawn with Wolf, but due to the unreliable RNG, I either spend all my missions playing as Nyx (hello boredom) or just give up.

59 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

You can only use one warframe specter at a time. If you deploy a 3 star specter, then toss out a 1 star, your 3 star will vanish into thin air and be wasted.

I know,  that's why I said "warframe + syndicate".   Meaning, one of each.  Deploying a warframe, the ancient healer, charger, shield osprey and corrupted lancer goes a long way.  And if one is about to die, you deploy a new one.  Their job is not to do damage but to draw aggro away from you.
(Obviously they will attack you in Nightmare missions but who here frequents nightmare missions on a regular basis? )

Also, Adaptation (which is already a rare hard-to-get mod) is only useful on medium/high armor frames.  On squishy frames, Wolf & Co will 1-shot them before the effects of the mod can protect you.

Edited by MystMan