Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yet, another rant of the wolf of saturn

Mrevasivepants

At least you've got him to spawn. I've yet to see him. There should be something akin to the Acolytes to the Nightwave bosses so the community find him and he stays there for a while; you go to the planet, he might spawn for you, or might not, but at least you have a decent chance.

Hmm...I finally ran into the Wolf today for the first time. Twice in the successive missions...

Kinda like buses...you wait ages for one, then two come along at once.

Both Exterminate missions. Both times I was playing Inaros (not quite maxed out, regular mods and less than 4k full health). Armed with Braton Prime and Dex Dakra - both modded for corrosive damage. First one was on Jupiter. Scared the crap out of me (the dude is like twice our size, as well as being one ugly mofo) and he killed me in under 30 seconds, as I tried to meleé him.

Second time was on Venus. Was at least more prepared for him this time around and had the presence of mind to bullet jump to evade him. Emptied about 4 mags of my Braton into him, plus a bit of meleé damage and took him down inside a couple of minutes. His 3 minions needed another 30 seconds or so. Had about 400 health by the end.

His ridiculous speed and knockdown abilities, as well as the fact either he or his minions keep setting you on fire (happened so fast I couldn't keep track) made it more than a little tricky, but getting some separation by bullet jumping between reloads, gave me enough time to get properly aimed and fire off long enough bursts to whittle his health down.

So my initial impressions are that while he was a tough(ish) opponent for me playing a frame with no real defensive abilities, he'd have been a lot easier playing something like Frost, Gara or Rhino. Not nearly as bad as I was expecting though, reading some of the posts on here.

And all I got for my trouble was a lousy stance mod (Eleventh Storm). I don't even have a sword & shield weapon set. :thinking:

Edited by FlusteredFerret