Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why aren’t DE adding a help chat

Cirayu

Hello, I’m a bit confused by some decisions made by DE that seem rather, for lack of a better word, flawed, such as an endorsement system, it didn’t work in overwatch and can easily be manipulated. 

While I say this I am also stuck with the idea i’ve suggested a few times but never really recognised by DE, which is instead of GOTL add a help chat, now retiring the GOTL for endorsements is in my opinion, a bad way to help keep chat rules in order, the first issue is the layout of chat tabs, defaulting to region, so everyone recruits and trades there, only to be kicked. 

If anyone has any opinions on the endorsement system please tell me as I find the idea strange.

16 minutes ago, Perye said:

the first issue is the layout of chat tabs, defaulting to region, so everyone recruits and trades there, only to be kicked.

Let me ask you one question: is DE making you not use your eyes? Because that's what you saying right here...

1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

Let me ask you one question: is DE making you not use your eyes? Because that's what you saying right here...

I offer my rebuttal, how often in region chat do you see people recruit or trade, I for one see it approximately once every 1-2 minutes on average with some days being a LOT more and some hours usually past midnight, where no-one asks. I don’t see how a failed personal attack is supposed to argue a point.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Perye said:

I offer my rebuttal, how often in region chat do you see people recruit or trade,

How often do you see threads in wrong sections? Like Feedback in Offtopic or russian in English or Bugs in Steamworkshop?

It's the users' fault. No one elses. You don't turn left on the right track of the road do you? And if you do...there's an accident (=kick)

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

How often do you see threads in wrong sections? Like Feedback in Offtopic or russian in English or Bugs in Steamworkshop?

It's the users' fault. No one elses. You don't turn left on the right track of the road do you? And if you do...there's an accident (=kick)

The issue here is GOTL did nothing, chat mods got forced to do their job aswell, and now they’re leaving chat as bad as it is in favour of endorsements

11 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

GOTL only "work" at relays. Not Region

They don’t work in relays, i’ve been to larunda numerous times and I have never seen a guide, I have checked profiles of everyone in larunda no guide, I asked in chat, no guide. If the GOTL were supposed to help people, they didn’t.

Edited by Perye
Spelling and Grammar

There’s a reason the forums exist. Using the players-helping-players page you can easily request help on something. If you mean an in game chat section for help, there’s a reason the  Guides of The Lotus Program got terminated. Plus why would it be necessary since, as unhelpful as they may seem half the time, Region can also be a good place to ask general questions. Plus you know people will instantly go in to screw things up in that chat if it were to exist.

2 minutes ago, Perye said:

If the GOTL were supposed to help people, they didn’t.

They didn’t, and that’s why the program got terminated. The Guides never cared about helping anyone in the game. They never populated region answering questions players had, they never went to any relay (and if they did they never did anything to help others), everyone simply forgot they existed up until a few days ago, and most of the time they were completely inactive altogether.

4 minutes ago, MisterYurei said:

There’s a reason the forums exist. Using the players-helping-players page you can easily request help on something. If you mean an in game chat section for help, there’s a reason the  Guides of The Lotus Program got terminated. Plus why would it be necessary since, as unhelpful as they may seem half the time, Region can also be a good place to ask general questions. Plus you know people will instantly go in to screw things up in that chat if it were to exist.

Or they could have help chat and moderate help chat, and have region chat be bare bones moderated, so usual no spamming etc, but let people have opinions

Just now, MisterYurei said:

Region isn’t always full of idiots.

Technically true, but only just barely. More often than not the most helpful text I see is coming from Kickbot, at least on the Switch version, the rest is memes and e-peen measuring contests.

But good on you for helping others, now if only more people were like that...

1 minute ago, MisterYurei said:

Yes. I and others have answered people’s questions in the past. Region isn’t always full of idiots.

Its not that its full of idiots its we don't want to sit there answering questions, even though i end up doing that, we want to just chat.

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Technically true, but only just barely. More often than not the most helpful text I see is coming from Kickbot, at least on the Switch version, the rest is memes and e-peen measuring contests.

But good on you for helping others, now if only more people were like that...

I can only speak for PC tbh, as I know chat moderation there was bleh

1 hour ago, Perye said:

Hello, I’m a bit confused by some decisions made by DE that seem rather, for lack of a better word, flawed, such as an endorsement system, it didn’t work in overwatch and can easily be manipulated. 

I beg to differ. The endorsement system cut the level of vitriol and trolling down substantially in that game. You do still see it, but it's substantially rarer than I remember it.

3 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

I beg to differ. The endorsement system cut the level of vitriol and trolling down substantially in that game. You do still see it, but it's substantially rarer than I remember it.

I feel it hasn't changed at all in OW,  in competitive placements last season i had the same amount of throwers as usual, all endorsement does is make people think someone is helpful when they might not be and people who are helpful might not get any endorsements.

14 minutes ago, Perye said:

I feel it hasn't changed at all in OW,  in competitive placements last season i had the same amount of throwers as usual, all endorsement does is make people think someone is helpful when they might not be and people who are helpful might not get any endorsements.

Can't speak to Competitive as I have no interest in it. It's certainly made Quick Play a lot cleaner and at least superficially friendlier, though.

5 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

Can't speak to Competitive as I have no interest in it. It's certainly made Quick Play a lot cleaner and at least superficially friendlier, though.

well if you get rewards for pretending to be nice, and no penalty for being mean,  you be nice when you want something, that's how endorsement works.

4 hours ago, Perye said:

well if you get rewards for pretending to be nice, and no penalty for being mean,  you be nice when you want something, that's how endorsement works.

And that's enough. I genuinely don't care if people are nice or mean or insincere. I care that they're nice TO ME in the few instances where we cross paths. If a system gets players to be nice to me because they want my endorsements, then that's job done as far as I'm concerned.