Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Possible To Add Independent Modding for Dual Wield weapons?

Gawizard

As an avid user of the akzani, (I hope this doesnt come of as biased) iv'e realized that some dual pistols / machine pistols have terribly aged as the game gets new updates. Sure id like to have an Akzani Prime one day but I think a border line change to most dual wield would bring more use in game play. 

The ability to mod each weapon would bring about a variety of game play changes and would bring about a resurgence in dual wield weapon usage. 
For example, i can have the the current akzani build on one of the akzani
unknown.png

And have the other akzani use this build 
unknown.png

Id say this will have to come with some balancing. For instance, having the magazine and damage values be halved. I havent taken in consideration Melee weapons as yet but i hope some of you can give other suggestions. Anywho, thats just a overview of the idea i wish to have and id like to hear your opinions on it if you have any.

4 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Among other things, enabling Corrosive and Viral simultaneously at range is a reason this will never happen.

to be fair there are other weapons that allow for corrosive and viral to be modded onto.

4 minutes ago, Gawizard said:

to be fair there are other weapons that allow for corrosive and viral to be modded onto.

Either one has to be a built in element of the gun. This idea, however, would allow every akimbo weapon to do that without that restriction. Anything you do to the weapons to allow that to exist, along the lines of lowering damage or magazine size or something, would just mean they would not be used really ever.

• Like 1

With the exception of Kitguns being so powerful now (with the balance being that they're more expensive and time-consuming to build vs. a regular Secondary), I haven't seen a drop in people using dual guns akimbo. I see them a lot, actually. The Akstilletto Prime and Akvasto Prime are fairly widely used, and some have called them overpowered. I don't think they are, but they're certainly formidable weapons and popular among players alongside other akimbo pistols like Twin Rogga and Prisma Twin Gremlins.

The Akzani, though, are really really bad. That might be the bigger issue. I think their death knell was sounded when Mirage Prime didn't bother with an Akzani Prime but got Akbolto Prime instead.

1 minute ago, (PS4)GrandisSupernus said:

With the exception of Kitguns being so powerful now (with the balance being that they're more expensive and time-consuming to build vs. a regular Secondary), I haven't seen a drop in people using dual guns akimbo. I see them a lot, actually. The Akstilletto Prime and Akvasto Prime are fairly widely used, and some have called them overpowered. I don't think they are, but they're certainly formidable weapons and popular among players alongside other akimbo pistols like Twin Rogga and Prisma Twin Gremlins.

The Akzani, though, are really really bad. That might be the bigger issue. I think their death knell was sounded when Mirage Prime didn't bother with an Akzani Prime but got Akbolto Prime instead.

i understand where youre coming from. Maybe this is different between the both of us but ive seen other weapons in the arsenal of other players. i do understand that preference holds a higher reason on why someone would use something thats not a dual wield pistol but I can see that this change (if implemented right) can make for interesting gameplay design and more options for them.

19 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Either one has to be a built in element of the gun. This idea, however, would allow every akimbo weapon to do that without that restriction. Anything you do to the weapons to allow that to exist, along the lines of lowering damage or magazine size or something, would just mean they would not be used really ever.

I think you misinterpreted the part where i said reduce the damage and magazine size. Thats for when viewing the individual pistol in a modding interface.
like for instance things like Crit (crit chance and damage) and status (stat chance) would be halfed aswell since youre looking at half of the weapon. 

35 minutes ago, Gawizard said:

I think you misinterpreted the part where i said reduce the damage and magazine size. Thats for when viewing the individual pistol in a modding interface.
like for instance things like Crit (crit chance and damage) and status (stat chance) would be halfed aswell since youre looking at half of the weapon. 

Oh, then there's 0 chance this happens. 2 status hoses for Corrosive and Viral. Then a half-decently modded Primary to erase whatever is left after that. There's just no balancing this. The return of Rainbow builds is, in my mind, an absolute, never to return feature.

This shouldnt have took me this long, but i've tried to show how the system would make a single pistol appear
if you look at the status chances for the akstilleto prime
unknown.png

it just manages half when all 4 status mods are installed on each individual pistol, so instead of 100% viral and corrosive, it would be 50%corrosive and 50%viral now, i didnt take in consideration multishot but given that status is spit up between bullets you wont be gaining status per bullet. this also means that your probability of getting corrosive and viral to procc at the same time is around 25% assuming if the viral and corrosive are greater than the IPS and other mods. I can calculate for crit with the aksomati or akvasto prime if you wish.

EDIT: i reverted the accuracy values.

Edited by Gawizard
Made changes to the image.

Also another point i should have covered is if you were to have the same mods present on both pistols, they would function the same as before. 
(If DE were to implement this, I hope they add a "Copy Build To Second Pistol" Button.)

Edited by Gawizard