Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix The Knell

SanitaryIceCubes

Recently, the Knell has been changed with an automatic fire buff and +1 mag capacity for Harrow. It also had its reload time doubled and it wasn't documented. It used to have a one second reload which I found fine. Using the new one is horrible. Even if you have very consistent headshots and such, you still need to reload when the death knell buff ends which leads to situations where the buff ends and then you must wait 2 seconds.

• Like 1

Sad is this weapon kick butt with riven and feels just good to use (when you land headshot). But that 1 ammo mag and long reload makes it completely useless for normal gameplay. Yeah i get it, its meant to use with harrow and land headshots on chained enemies, i saw literally 0 ppl playing around this gimmick. Also the only person i ever saw using knell in actual mission was...JUST ME. It needs 3 ammo with like 1 sec reload so its easier to actually hit headshot and even if you dont hit it with 1st shot you have 2 more bullets to try again. As it is now you need some CC heavy frame to use it to its full potential and its simply not effective (dead) for normal gameplay. 

This kind of change sounds almost accidental, and certainly unjustified. The Knell was never a particularly amazing weapon to begin with, so making it flatly worse for everyone except Harrow (and even then, it might still be worse for him too) sounds terrible. Simply removing that reload time nerf should be enough to make it fine for everyone.

I dont see why everyone complaining. Its a risk reward weapon and they just increased both. And macros arent a thing on console with standard hardware so its a dps increase when you have the skill to use it. Firerate makes it easy to continue headshots after the first as long as there are enemies. I can actually use this weapon for more than  10minutes now cuz i dont get carpal tunnel spamming the trigger.