Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pure status guns need a mod like Hunter Munition or Condition Overload !

Doomsknightmare

Please no mumbo jumbo with weapons (i think they are in good place, few guns still need just higher dmg or riven dispo and thats it imo). Also what status weapons you talking about? Hema, Scourge? What else? Also what determine what is status weapon and what is raw dmg weapon? Im curious. 

On 2019-04-14 at 1:13 AM, DatDarkOne said:

Seems to me like someone got there arse handed to them fighting Wolf and decided to make a topic.  LOL.  

or didn't realize that Tigris prime built for Rad+viral will slaughter the wolf, no questions asked. granted you could do more using a CRIT gun, but tigris prime works wonders as well.

Le 14/04/2019 à 07:48, (XB1)RDeschain82 a dit :

I dunno OP, my 100% SC AkJagara Prime would like a word. 

Prime Expel mods are rather good with Status guns. Especially those with a high fire rate. 

No Mesa passive. No power. Only one ammo clip, no prime excel mod and level 160 enemies.

The only thing that matters in the end is that white damages literally suck, no matters what status you're using. Hybrid or crit are always performing better - especially with slash.

Edited by 000l000

On 2019-04-14 at 12:51 AM, Bluemillion said:

Magnetic damage giving a homing headshot bubble like the scourge's throw attack would be cool as hell.

They gave that proc to void damage, a damage type we RARELY use in gameplay since it sucks against machinery, Cloned flesh and infested flesh i think.

Le 14/04/2019 à 11:36, (XB1)KayAitch a dit :

Huh? Tig Prime would like a word with you. Exergis too. Both easily beat the Corinth on DPS, despite the Corinth being a crit monster.

You must be building your Corinth really wrong cause mine doesn't need more than 2 shots to kill a level 160 corrupted bombard, easily getting 2.5-5k bleeds. And let be honest a second, there's not even a Corinth prime yet.

Truth is that a status gun will need both viral and slash to compete which impairs whole gun's performances since getting another element will lower your slash proc chances as opposed to any HM gun - Hunter munitions doesn't care about your build, you can play corrosive, viral or whatever, as long as you canc crit. In the end you'll get as much procs, but with some high critical damage multiplier.

Relying upon critical also helps to buff your procs, if you're building your weapon with enough critical damage & chance any Adarza, Harrow, Nidus or just an Avenger arcane will make your weapon deal huge damages when your status gun will only get a small buff (or not at all if it has a really low crit chance). Nothing in the entire game will buff a status gun better than any other gun.

And the slash argument is biased since lots of status guns don't deal slash damages, so you'll just have to wait for your dozens of corrosive procs to hit and then wait for your white damages to kill an enemy with millions of HP. At least primary do have an option to buff some underwhelming guns, secondaries on the other hand...

Each time we're talking about status gun the only thing people are bringing to the table is a Tigris, have you ever tried a HM mod on a Vectis ? Then you'll see what bleeding really means !

Anyway this game needs a serious damage 3.0 update, making all elemental and physical procs worth especially if you can apply dozen of them. Why would i use a status gun dealing cold, puncture, impact or whatever, every single additional proc is a waste. As long as we only have two or three viable elements, status only won't be that interesting on many weapons.

Edited by 000l000

1 hour ago, 000l000 said:

You must be building your Corinth really wrong cause mine doesn't need more than 2 shots to kill a level 160 corrupted bombard, easily getting 2.5-5k bleeds. And let be honest a second, there's not even a Corinth prime yet.

Truth is that a status gun will need both viral and slash to compete which impairs whole gun's performances since getting another element will lower your slash proc chances as opposed to any HM gun - Hunter munitions doesn't care about your build, you can play corrosive, viral or whatever, as long as you canc crit. In the end you'll get as much procs, but with some high critical damage multiplier.

Relying upon critical also helps to buff your procs, if you're building your weapon with enough critical damage & chance any Adarza, Harrow, Nidus or just an Avenger arcane will make your weapon deal huge damages when your status gun will only get a small buff (or not at all if it has a really low crit chance). Nothing in the entire game will buff a status gun better than any other gun.

And the slash argument is biased since lots of status guns don't deal slash damages, so you'll just have to wait for your dozens of corrosive procs to hit and then wait for your white damages to kill an enemy with millions of HP. At least primary do have an option to buff some underwhelming guns, secondaries on the other hand...

Each time we're talking about status gun the only thing people are bringing to the table is a Tigris, have you ever tried a HM mod on a Vectis ? Then you'll see what bleeding really means !

Anyway this game needs a serious damage 3.0 update, making all elemental and physical procs worth especially if you can apply dozen of them. Why would i use a status gun dealing cold, puncture, impact or whatever, every single additional proc is a waste. As long as we only have two or three viable elements, status only won't be that interesting on many weapons.

both orcus and i are very versed in the use of hunter munitions as most of the primaries we use are equipped with the mod.  

its just that he doesnt use the corinth as its one of the guns i prefer.  he has a preference for the tigris prime. which as we all know, is far from a bad thing as said shotgun is still one of the strongest weapons in the game with its base damage alone

2 hours ago, 000l000 said:

Share build please, I'm using a crit riven on my Corinth and still not seeing it outperform Tig Prime, which is a pity, because I hate the Tig's duplex loader and love the Corinth's reload.

Inb4 OP had riven and used harrow.
Jk but i always take claims with a bit of salt because people tend to leave their CP or run arcanes that buff passively (buffs for firing the weapon) when doing some tests.

Another thing is about HMunitions, you want to use it with viral because it synergizes the best with viral, Corro doesnt buff slash proccs to the extent as viral making the job twice as easier.
Hmunitions with gas is a joke. and anything else wont work.