Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2019, still no Katar weapons

SonicSonedit

DE, Katars when?

First of all, this thread is about classic katars.

Not, Cestus (we already have battle-gloves like Kogake and more), not claws (we already have Venka), not Sai-like blades - this thread is about classic katars.

So, what are katars and how they will fit in Warframe universe?

Katars are weapons used mostly by assassin-type characters in video games. They are famous for a quick series of combination attacks dealing devastating damage to a single target. They are also famous for their extraordinary design and attack animations.

Assassin Warframe such as Ash has a perfect concept for assassin weapons such as katars. Other Frames which will look good with Katars are Nyx, Saryn, Loki, Volt and probably Gara. Most of nimble and assasin-like frames will do.

Now, about design:

In my opinion they should not look plain, but still look like katars, not some Claws or Sai or Cestus.

One of the best designs of Katars I've see is this:

Chantrea_katars_by_Chael.jpg

Source: art by Chael on Deviant Art http://www.deviantart.com/art/Chantrea-katars-71540606

• Like 1

well even if we had katars people would complain about its short melee range 

would have the same problems with claws and then people would just go back to polearms again

unless they make katars have 100%+ crit and high crit damage then it would still stay irrelevant

Edited by KenthNisshoku

1 hour ago, SonicSonedit said:

video games. They are famous for a quick series of combination attacks dealing devastating damage to a single target. They are also famous for their extraordinary design and attack animations

Sounds like a claw stance, and maybe a weapon skin.

I'm not seeing how this can be a distinct class, and lone weapons (like warfans, though hopefully that will change soon) tend to end up as MR fodder.