Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn's 'Dash' on other warframes?

Oakencrown

So one day i was playin Hildryn on the plains, and i noticed i friggin love the 'dash' instead of the rolling, it fit so nicely into the action happening around, the sound, the animation of it, the feeling of it was veeeery nice.

I wondered how it would be on other warframes, the first came to my mind was the Atlas, because of his first ability 'punch' is kinda like dashing, i thought how awesomely hildryn's dash would fit on him too.

Especially now with all the crazy looking deluxes in the game, (like Atlas's deluxe skin literally makes him a bunch of rocks which looks amazing btw, or think about the chroma's deluxe which has a large back) i really think having the option to use the hildryn's 'dash' instead of 'roll' would be very useful. 

One mans opinion however, along with a few friends.. but what do you think my friends? 

Edit; Many apologies if this is the incorrent thread for this, considering it's just a different animation.

Edited by Oakencrown
  • Like 2

Well, it's come up before.

The answer is two parts. One, Limbo has it, her Dash is just a slight animation variant on Limbo's.

Two... Yeah, but why? It's only literally with Wisp's preview that showed DE being willing to work on alternate animation types that the option to give Warframes alternate animations compared to the normal ones even appeared on the table.

The roll is consistent, the roll is an animation that they do not have to mess with, it's an animation that's possible to use on every single Warframe they create because every Warframe uses the same base animation skeleton (heck, ever load into a Relay and see a bunch of blue, glowing Excaliburs before the actual frame renders in? That's the animation skeleton ready to be skinned with customisation).

The past reason for these not happening was the amount of work it takes to re-animate the different frames to have differences like this. And, of course, the difference between these causing problems for people that have muscle memory from playing one frame not being able to adapt to another.

I suffer from that last one, actually, Hildryn's dash just doesn't feel right to me, it feels too short and doesn't respond in the ways that I'm used to on Warframe. And I'm a Zephyr player, I'm used to switching back and forth between any other frame in the game and the one that operates on a permanent low-gravity.

So... maybe?

DE isn't a fan of making extra work like this, unless it's something they're already doing (like creating a new Warframe and making all its animations anyway). But it could happen. Just don't expect it to.

I think special roll types should be introduced based on whether or not the frame is classified as heavy, medium, or light.

The more bulkier and tank-orientated frames get the less nimble and Hildryn-like dash.

The standard roll we have now could be the "medium" one.
Finally, an acrobatic leap or flip could be done in place for the light frames, especially those concerning mobility.

It could also just be altered by a special equippable fashionframe slot.

Edited by Xaxma

I think every frame would benefit from Limbo's dash, both aesthetically and mechanically. It feels more like a combat dodge, as opposed to some kind of "let me curl into a ball in a way that would break my spine in real life" crap.

13 hours ago, Xaxma said:

I think special roll types should be introduced based on whether or not the frame is classified as heavy, medium, or light.

The more bulkier and tank-orientated frames get the less nimble and Hildryn-like dash.

The standard roll we have now could be the "medium" one.
Finally, an acrobatic leap or flip could be done in place for the light frames, especially those concerning mobility.

It could also just be altered by a special equippable fashionframe slot.

yes this would actually be very nice, it would make a lot sense too, however it does feel like extra work, perhaps in the future this sort of change will come.. i do truly hope we can use other means of 'dodge' instead of roll on every warframe except hildryn.