Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endless Alerts getting longer and longer... and it feels awful

Snackrat

Endless invasions were already shortened down to one round because of people skipping them. I've come to accept that most alerts will still be two rounds (10min), because the discrepancy between that and Capture (30-60sec) is largely in gear. (That said: there's no doubt in my mind a new player can still complete a capture faster than a single round of Defense/Survival, no matter their kit. And I still skip 2-round endless syndicate missions.)

But the new Gift survival being 15 minutes felt really awful. There wasn't anything else from all the time spent in there, like relics and such, it just took a really long time. Without any mechanics for variety's sake (like assassins, or maniac spawns, what have you) it basically felt like the same ten seconds looping ninety times. Considering the fracture 'burp' changes were to avoid that, I hope this doesn't set a precedent for future endless alerts.

I suppose its up to DE what the appropriate action would take if any; I would suggest adding some variety in endless missions to make them more flavourful for long periods if possible (like has been done for Lua Defense's floor crashing through, and Sealab Excavation defense having you move between points). If you can't adjust endless missions for variety due to technical limitations, then please do not make 15min minimums are regular thing.

Edited by Snackrat
  • Like 2

Yes, I'm aware. But normally even Gifts are capped 10min long. This one being 15min is a new change, and feels experimental, or at least an attempt to imply some level of prestige on it. As a change, I'm providing feedback based on my own experience. Since getting a single reward for a endless mission of X rounds is basically assigning real-life time value to an item, how much time anybody is willing to spend is entirely personal.

I thought it was ok, but I'll quite happily spend 30 minutes "strip mining" a mission in solo. I got 24k credits, 14k on top of the 10k mission reward. Steve mentioned rewarking the traditional, non-surface missions at "bringing back a little ninja" during one of Mogamu's interview videos, so I'm hoping that will entail making all missions a little more involved.

I think endless mission types should be rebalanced to make rotation A near worthless and introduce content like boosters to rotation C (low chance at wave/minute 20, higher at 40, really high at 60), as a "carrot" works better than a "stick" to change player behaviour. Personally, I'd find it hard to recognise which sort of mission I was in if I was dropped into one at random, because it all feels generic anyway. Often I don't even PTFO in public any more, I just wander round shooting and looting whilst some speedrunning twerp does what's necessary, quite often I don't even bother heading for extraction and use the 30/60 seconds to do more looting.

It's a shame, when I played on PS4 back in 2014 everyone wanted to go to wave 20 or 40 in Defence, it was hard work and I found even randoms would start to "gel" into a team as the mobs piled up. I started on PC in January and I've only seen Defence wave 20 once with randoms, I'm having to wait to play with a mate this weekend to open Eris, because in the last fortnight nobody has gone to wave 15 on Stoffler.

Le 18/04/2019 à 15:52, AndyBeans a dit :

I thought it was ok, but I'll quite happily spend 30 minutes "strip mining" a mission in solo. I got 24k credits, 14k on top of the 10k mission reward. Steve mentioned rewarking the traditional, non-surface missions at "bringing back a little ninja" during one of Mogamu's interview videos, so I'm hoping that will entail making all missions a little more involved.

I think endless mission types should be rebalanced to make rotation A near worthless and introduce content like boosters to rotation C (low chance at wave/minute 20, higher at 40, really high at 60), as a "carrot" works better than a "stick" to change player behaviour. Personally, I'd find it hard to recognise which sort of mission I was in if I was dropped into one at random, because it all feels generic anyway. Often I don't even PTFO in public any more, I just wander round shooting and looting whilst some speedrunning twerp does what's necessary, quite often I don't even bother heading for extraction and use the 30/60 seconds to do more looting.

It's a shame, when I played on PS4 back in 2014 everyone wanted to go to wave 20 or 40 in Defence, it was hard work and I found even randoms would start to "gel" into a team as the mobs piled up. I started on PC in January and I've only seen Defence wave 20 once with randoms, I'm having to wait to play with a mate this weekend to open Eris, because in the last fortnight nobody has gone to wave 15 on Stoffler.

I'll do Stoffler with you.

As someone who completed the star chart before the rework, I already have Eris, but I need to "re-do" the star chart in order to do Arbitrations; one of the missions I need to do is Stoffler 🙂 

9 hours ago, Els236 said:

I'll do Stoffler with you.

As someone who completed the star chart before the rework, I already have Eris, but I need to "re-do" the star chart in order to do Arbitrations; one of the missions I need to do is Stoffler 🙂 

Hey, I saw your message in game last night but was just rushing off so didn't have time to reply. Will send you a FR, just give me a shout when you fancy hitting it.