Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wolf Sledge

(PSN)big_eviljak

Agree with OP, very nice, fun weapon.

Hammers suck comparatively, though, due to the half-assed release of "Melee Broken.Broken" and a couple of other factors. It began waaay back with the release of the powerhouse polearm stance Twirling Spire, with its two slam combos, forced procs and dmg multipliers. Got worse with the truly HIDEOUS sound reengineering that replaced previous good melee sounds with swishy, clangy garbage. Then the nadir has been Melee "Broken.Broken" which I won't relist all the problems with again. The exaggerated ragdoll replaced nuanced, specialized slam types on Arca Titron and Volnus. Now its the same non immersive slam for all and sounds like an obnoxious clangy pipe or banging pots and pans together. Hammers need fixing badly.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Tell me... Can u throw a glaive while your using arca titron? No? Ya didn't think so.

Tell me "DOT DOT DOT" Why would I need to throw anything, really, when I can instantly switch to a firearm because there is a system in place that allows it? And why would I use a gimmicky weak throw on a hammer if I can just use a better throwable melee, or as I pointed out already, just use my gun? Don't try to act smart, "ya" clearly don't have enough brains for it, "bruh".

5 hours ago, Lone_Dude said:

Tell me "DOT DOT DOT" Why would I need to throw anything, really, when I can instantly switch to a firearm because there is a system in place that allows it? And why would I use a gimmicky weak throw on a hammer if I can just use a better throwable melee, or as I pointed out already, just use my gun? Don't try to act smart, "ya" clearly don't have enough brains for it, "bruh".

Saying its a weak hammer because its not as powerful as a glaive is a dumb argument. I was pointing out how dumb. Its a powerful hammer with a cool gimmick.

3 часа назад, (PS4)big_eviljak сказал:

Saying its a weak hammer because its not as powerful as a glaive is a dumb argument. I was pointing out how dumb. Its a powerful hammer with a cool gimmick.

Its definitely not a weak weapon. But if you compare it to zaws or gram prime its just not as good as them. As for Glaives i like them for the option that you can combine it with a seconadry weapon, that is realy cool in my opinion. You can shoot secondary and throw the glaive the same time.

5 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Saying that a hammer is good even though its not powerful is a dumb argument. I was pointing out how dumb it is. It's an okay hammer with a pathetic gimmick and considering how hard it is to acquire it's a failure of a weapon.

7 hours ago, Lone_Dude said:

Saying that a hammer is good even though its not powerful is a dumb argument. I was pointing out how dumb it is. It's an okay hammer with a pathetic gimmick and considering how hard it is to acquire it's a failure of a weapon.

Its one of the best hammers in the game. Git gud.

On 2019-05-06 at 10:55 PM, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Its one of the best hammers in the game. Git gud.

And it's the worst throwable melee too. "Git gud" lmao. Git gud at what, aim-assist? That's your thing PS4-kun, since you like this hammer with it's crazy homing so much lmao. Killing braindead AI? We're not talking about just this hammer having a weak gimmick, we're talking about there being countless better alternatives for doing literally anything. Git your brains out of a trash bin.

14 hours ago, Lone_Dude said:

And it's the worst throwable melee too. "Git gud" lmao. Git gud at what, aim-assist? That's your thing PS4-kun, since you like this hammer with it's crazy homing so much lmao. Killing braindead AI? We're not talking about just this hammer having a weak gimmick, we're talking about there being countless better alternatives for doing literally anything. Git your brains out of a trash bin.

Again one of the best hammers in the game. Plus you can throw it. BONUS! 

On 2019-05-09 at 4:43 AM, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Again one of the best hammers in the game. Plus you can throw it. BONUS! 

I don't care about gimmicky "bonuses" on a weapon that ragdolls everything around me on every third strike. There are better weapons, there are better throwable weapons and all of them are easier to acquire. You accept mediocrity, but good for you.

8 hours ago, Lone_Dude said:

I don't care about gimmicky "bonuses" on a weapon that ragdolls everything around me on every third strike. There are better weapons, there are better throwable weapons and all of them are easier to acquire. You accept mediocrity, but good for you.

Wolf sledge is very easy to aquire this weekend. I dont accept mediocrity... i care about fun. Things that i enjoy, i consider fun. The wolf sledge is a fun weapon. Are there better weapons? Yes. Are there worse weapons? Yes. Is the wolf sledge one of the fun ones and a good balanced weapon? Yes.

Edited by (PS4)big_eviljak
  • Like 1

Not a fan of the hammer. Slow speed and low stats across the board.

I had hope for it being decent at first glance, but even with the fairly high slash distribution for a hammer it still performs rather poorly. I will probably just sell the one I built and make a new one in the future incase they ever buff it or hammers in general. 

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Not a fan of the hammer. Slow speed and low stats across the board.

I had hope for it being decent at first glance, but even with the fairly high slash distribution for a hammer it still performs rather poorly. I will probably just sell the one I built and make a new one in the future incase they ever buff it or hammers in general. 

How is it slow? Its fast for a hammer. Has great status and good crit. Name another hammer that has as good of stats with this attk speed...

42 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

How is it slow? Its fast for a hammer. Has great status and good crit. Name another hammer that has as good of stats with this attk speed...

As you said, it is fast for a hammer. It has good status chance but bad stat distribution to proc the worthwhile statuses. Hammers may be fun but they are bad weapons overall. If the stats of the sledge would have been better weighted towards slash it would have made it unique and likely a good hammer with its high status chance.

edit: Sadly it ends up like paracesis. Looking good but performing poorly due to poor stat distribution. Paracesis suffers from the opposite of the sledge, high crit with slash as main damage while wolf sits at high status and around 50/50 for impact and slash, making slash very unreliable if you dont waste mod slots to weigh it better.

Edited by SneakyErvin

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

As you said, it is fast for a hammer. It has good status chance but bad stat distribution to proc the worthwhile statuses. Hammers may be fun but they are bad weapons overall. If the stats of the sledge would have been better weighted towards slash it would have made it unique and likely a good hammer with its high status chance.

edit: Sadly it ends up like paracesis. Looking good but performing poorly due to poor stat distribution. Paracesis suffers from the opposite of the sledge, high crit with slash as main damage while wolf sits at high status and around 50/50 for impact and slash, making slash very unreliable if you dont waste mod slots to weigh it better.

Build for corrosive or gas and utilize crushing ruins easiest combo and the thing simply wrecks. Or toss it at an enemy and do the early recall blast... With condition overload, it freakn kills at high levels easily.