Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endgame spy missions.

Test-995

I think spy missions are nice, it require some parkour and some puzzle/tile knowledge...

So... what if we got a more "endgame" ish spy missions? something like uranus/lua one, but much longer, with some obstacle course,  maybe also anti-cheese aspect.

Not sure how many people gonna play something like that, though... but i think it can be some real challenge?

Just barely managed to do the Uranus ones in sortie. The Lua ones are quite the thing, as well. 

For the most part, I don't disagree with adding some new good spy missions, however, I want to point out to making those levels look, feel and play like they were a well guarded research complex/data storage facility. Some of them feel too much like platformers, i.e., made particularly with how the players move in mind, rather than as something made to be guarded. 

It would be cool if those were something like heists. Maybe have to craft different items and approach the level differently based on those?  

Higher-challenge (I tend to believe that Warframe just can't have an 'endgame' beyond 'get everything', but that's neither here nor there) spy is something I've thought about. Need some pieces to it:

1. Alarms anywhere in the level should affect purge time (e.g., the longer you let an alarm ring, the less time you have if the vault goes into purge mode). And, if you put the level in lockdown for any reason (including blowing the damn windows) you lose one vault immediately, no backsies. 

2. Procedural vaults. Never the same pattern of security and obstacles twice. This will of course take a lot of work to build so you don't end up with literally unsolvable vaults, but you can't know which vault you have. 

3. Spinning on that, the entire level could basically be a vault - you have to hack one data store, but every part of the level is a challenge of evading the guards and the security devices. I'd stage the response a bit to make it so you don't immediately fail if you get spotted, something like this (for example):

- First time a camera spots you - nearby enemies are summoned, but there's no data purge. If you're not there when the enemies arrive, it'll be a false alarm. 

- Second time, you lose 10 seconds off the purge counter. 

- Third time, vault is purged, mission failed. 

Additionally, if an entity spots you, you can kill it before it manually sets off the alarms, and all is good. But stealth and silence is your friend. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

6 hours ago, Marian.WolFox said:

You guys are asking for too much ...

We can dream, though. 

I predict that instead, their endgame idea will be that every time an enemy sees you in a spy mission, you get a cumulative Index-like debuff and energy drain.