Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposal: Lower the reward time in Survival from 5 min to 4 min.

Aegisar

It is more lenient to those that can't invest as much time in Warframe, after all there are people going to school and/or working jobs. When we get rewards every 4 minutes instead of every 5 minutes, we cut the time needed for a full reward-rotation from 20 minutes to 16 minutes. This is a reduction in invested time by 20%!

It will not even infringe on difficulty of Survival Missions that much. We can take the current enemy-scaling and will see little change in difficulty. Then again, this scaling can be changed to make Survival just as difficult as before.

And let's be real here, powers of 2 are far more elegant, sleek and sexy than multiples of 5. 😎

9 minutes ago, Aegisar said:

And let's be real here, powers of 2 are far more elegant, sleek and sexy than multiples of 5. 😎

I agree with that and disagree with the rest, unless you agree that powers of 2 are so sexy that it's 4 mins, then 8 mins next reward, then 16 mins next reward etc?

Powers of 2 are great are they not?

8 minutes ago, Aegisar said:

current enemy-scaling and will see little change in difficulty

At low level yeah it doesn't feel bad but that would make C rotation at higher level much easier to farm for much less investment into the equipment. That takes away from end game loot. And for arbitration this makes a much bigger change for those looking for the essences. Most likely not going to see this change.

• Like 1

Just now, Zelmen said:

At low level yeah it doesn't feel bad but that would make C rotation at higher level much easier to farm for much less investment into the equipment. That takes away from end game loot. And for arbitration this makes a much bigger change for those looking for the essences. Most likely not going to see this change. 

As I said, DE can make it difficult by tweaking the enemy scaling. Compress it in the same way that time is compressed.

My life is busy as all hell. I think I should get all the rewards without even playing the game.

Jokes aside. Even if DE reduced the time, why would that be enough? Next week there will be someone saying, that the time should be reduced to 3 minutes per rotation. This is a reduction of investment time by another 25%.

Let's be real, if you don't have enough time to play a game, then you aren't the kind of customer a company is looking for. 

Edited by WhiteMarker

They've already trivialized so much i strongly disagree with this. (Sortie survival time, sortie excavations, nehza, all the open world resources dropping in bucket loads from thumpers and exploiter, rare mods added to additional drop locations, etc etc).

There is one other more serious side effect and that is fissure missions- As it is if you join a public mission at 3 minutes in it can be a struggle to get enough reactant. lose another minute and you're assured of failure.  There are plenty of times where even with the full 5 minutes, not enough drop if scrubs go scurrying to the four corners of the map spreading enemies and breaking spawns.

38 minutes ago, Aegisar said:

It is more lenient to those that can't invest as much time in Warframe, after all there are people going to school and/or working jobs. When we get rewards every 4 minutes instead of every 5 minutes, we cut the time needed for a full reward-rotation from 20 minutes to 16 minutes. This is a reduction in invested time by 20%!

"It is more lenient to those that can't invest as much time in Warframe, after all there are people going to school and/or working jobs. When we get rewards every 1 minute instead of every 5 minutes, we cut the time needed for a full reward-rotation from 20 minutes to 4 minutes. This is a reduction in invested time by 80%! "

No, seriously, your argument is entirely non-existent aside from "I want more I want faster". If you don't want to invest 5 minutes to get a rotation, you have options in the game. Do a capture, an exterminate, a quick assassination.

This is not going to happen because this is a meaningless change. And even if DE changed from 5 to 4, nothing would improve in rewards. They'd nerf rotation A rewards and then have us to AAABC, so that you still need 20 minutes to get the C rotation reward.