Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe API Questions

Kekasi

The warframe android app can connect to your account and acquire your inventory list.

I'm wondering if it's possible for me to use that same connection in my project.

Does anyone know if that's allowed or not?

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Kekasi:

WFInfo v7

I'm trying to get the current inventory so I can figure out what items I haven't put up on warframe.market

I doubt it.

In oder to read the player's inventory, you'd need to connect to DE's servers, and there isn't a single company that just lets people "borrow" data from their servers. Security reasons, 'n stuff.

And personally, I'm not that excited about the thought that someone other than DE can just access the server that has 4+ years of in-game earnings on it.

6 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

I doubt it.

In oder to read the player's inventory, you'd need to connect to DE's servers, and there isn't a single company that just lets people "borrow" data from their servers. Security reasons, 'n stuff.

And personally, I'm not that excited about the thought that someone other than DE can just access the server that has 4+ years of in-game earnings on it.

That's what APIs are for, a secure way to give specific information and nothing else.

I'm thinking that's what they did for the App because it has to access your account information, after logging in. And I'm wondering if I can use that same connection to allow me to login and get my inventory.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kekasi said:

That's what APIs are for, a secure way to give specific information and nothing else.

I'm thinking that's what they did for the App because it has to access your account information, after logging in. And I'm wondering if I can use that same connection to allow me to login and get my inventory.

The app is owned by DE,

Just having an API is not the same as it being secure, it is just an interface after all. It will also depend on the type of data you plan to pull. 

You will need to raise a business related ticket with them and get their acceptance I suppose? Try contacting Taylor she handles the partnerships I believe and this is something similar. 

• 4 weeks later...

I believe it would be possible to use a REST API with API Keys that can be Generated/Revoked by each user to access their inventory. Just look how CCP does it for EveOnline.  CCP also provides a datadump of assets, star chart locations, etc. after each major release for its community to use in their own Community Applications. Now that is just how one company chose to do it and DE can chose to not honor the request. 

Having the API available would make it so that the community could develop tools under license from DE and truly become a community of "Players Supporting Players". in an API for DE i would suspect multiple endpoints under a specific api domain. such as, Player(Mods, Warframes, Sentinels, Inventory, etc.), Assets(Missions, Locations, Items, etc.). And user could select which Api Endpoints a specific Key has access to.

So as an example: POST https://{example domain}/player/mods/ Data({keyid = 'XXXYYYY######', apikey = 'AAABBBCCCDDDEEEFFFGGGHHH#####'}) would return 
{
    inventory_id: 12345,
    item_id: 45678,
    name: 'Steel Fiber',
    quantity: 1,
    affect: '+90% Armor',
    capacity: 12,
    polarized_capacity: 6
},{
   ...Repeat for all mods in inventory...
}

Does not need to return all the info above. It could just be inventory_id, item_id, rank, and quantity. then other API's or access to data from a data dump imported into a database could be used for lookup of details.

Edited by UnicornOEvil

• 2 years later...
On 2019-04-28 at 5:36 AM, o0Despair0o said:

I doubt it.

You sure about that? There are a plethora of websites that track your in game data. Websites like op.gg for league and Destinytracker, for destiny.

It’s a pretty normal thing.

5 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

You sure about that? There are a plethora of websites that track your in game data. Websites like op.gg for league and Destinytracker, for destiny.

It’s a pretty normal thing.

Do you even realize how old this comment is?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...