Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Appearance slot's

I REALLY  need more fashion slot an I am 120% ok with paying for it. 12-20 plat ech. just more than A.B.C. I find so many time I dont got enough space. an making a 2ed copy of the same frame an forming it an building the frame take time. just to make a new look an im sure it take more data that way. why not make it simple. adding more slot than A.B.C.  Some I evin tried but you cant get a 2ed Blue print. of many frame as thay are in the codex. I want to make more design for my atlas an Nidus. an so many more. Excalibur Umbra an base for got so many fashion an thing I can come up with. but I locked to only 3. an deleting kill my soul. plz do something about this. I feel like I been wait for this for ever. over 4 year of playing an the feeling only get worst an more tenno gen come out. 

• Like 1

My friend, I think you're an outlier in this. The reason that we haven't been given more than three customisation slots over time is that about 95% of the player base only ever use one or two of them at most on any frame. Heck, last time I even used the B slot on a frame was to make an all-red frame for the 'waiting on RedText' meme for the release of The Sacrifice last year.

While there is a lot of fashion, a large portion of the players that are using it are more 'flavour of the moment' than anything else, switching to the newest customisation they have that makes them feel good, then doing it again the next time the urge strikes them.

So, yeah, they could add more customisation slots. But... is it actually worth the effort of doing so, and the additional database expansion (for the millions of registered players, multiplied by the dozens of warframes each has all needing this 4th or 5th slot), if proportionally so few of the players are going to actually use it?

4 hours ago, TehGrief said:

I fully support the option to buy more appearance loadouts. For some of the older frames it is very often the case that there are more skins than there are loadouts available.

Yes... but quick question; how many times do you actually use them? I know that customising them is fun and coming up with different looks is fun, but outside of standing around in the Relays or Hubs, how many times do you ever actually go into a mission thinking 'Ah, I'll use Appearance C this time' and then immediately for the next mission 'Okay, this is more an Appearance B kind of mission'?

I can understand wanting more customisation, but it's all well and good having a nice outfit until you realise you've left it in the closet the last six months.

10 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Yes... but quick question; how many times do you actually use them? I know that customising them is fun and coming up with different looks is fun, but outside of standing around in the Relays or Hubs, how many times do you ever actually go into a mission thinking 'Ah, I'll use Appearance C this time' and then immediately for the next mission 'Okay, this is more an Appearance B kind of mission'?

I can understand wanting more customisation, but it's all well and good having a nice outfit until you realise you've left it in the closet the last six months.

To be perfectly honest I do this quite frequently. I am not just saying this to defend my point either, I honestly love switching between my outfits. Obviously this is why I voiced my opinion for wanting more available slots. 

I have multiple loadouts for the same frame that each use different skins/colours/attachments that are each used for different parts of the game (eidolon hunts, Index runs, star chart, party play, etc.) and for each of these loadouts I use a different cosmetic slot.

Edited by TehGrief
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, TehGrief said:

To be perfectly honest I do this quite frequently.

So I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, you are a person in favour of this thread after all.

But given that; how often do you think anyone else does that? I mean, honestly? How many people do you think, as a proportion of the player base, do what you do with their customisation?

Because if it was a really large proportion, with the way DE loves their customisation, implementing Captura, bringing in so much Tennogen from artists, putting the effort they do into Deluxe skins... Don't you think this hasn't crossed their desk a couple of times? Don't you think somebody has said, internally at DE, 'Hey, so... more customisation slots?'

The only reason it wouldn't have happened are the reasons I stated above; the expansion of the player database necessary to make purchasable customisation slots is a lot of work. Given that DE aren't afraid of putting up loadout slots for Plat, and even monetising Riven slots... don't you think that if it was financially sound to put in that work and give players more slots... they would have?

This topic has been raised before. It's never gone anywhere. DE aren't unaware of the fact that players would appreciate it.

I honestly believe that people like you, who actively want to and do change visuals so often (RNGesus bless you), are so much the outliers on the system that even if they put this feature in it wouldn't pay for the effort it costs.

4 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

How often do you think anyone else does that? I mean, honestly? How many people do you think, as a proportion of the player base, do what you do with their customisation?

I would rather like to think that an update like this would be, in fact, geared towards that specific demographic - no matter how "small" some people might think they are.

After all... even a measly 2% of 50 million* is still 1 million people. 

Spoiler

*As of March 27th, 2019 - DE released a statement saying that they had reached ~50 million registered players across all systems.

It's very obvious that there are people who have one loadout (both for mods and for cosmetics) for each of their warframes, however, I would say it is more common for people to gravitate towards one or two specific frames that they use the most and have spent the most time with ("mains"). Being able to use platinum to purchase even one more additional cosmetic slot for your favourite frame should be encouraged. I could very well see myself buying at least three more fashion slots for my "main" frame if this were to be introduced; furthermore, I am sure that there are enough others that would do the same to make it worthwhile for DE to put the time into. 

With the way DE loves their customisation, implementing Captura, bringing in so much Tennogen from artists, putting the effort they do into Deluxe skins... Don't you think this hasn't crossed their desk a couple of times? Don't you think somebody has said, internally at DE, 'Hey, so... more customisation slots?'

The only reason it wouldn't have happened are the reasons I stated above; the expansion of the player database necessary to make purchasable customisation slots is a lot of work. Given that DE aren't afraid of putting up loadout slots for Plat, and even monetising Riven slots... don't you think that if it was financially sound to put in that work and give players more slots... they would have?

You have to keep in mind that as great and powerful as DE seems, they are a relatively small development studio. DE manages to provide an incredible amount of content patches and updates; all while performing server and network maintenance, general management and moderation, and... well, the list goes on.

Overall, I believe that DE prioritizes content in a way that they see fit, and something like this obviously doesn't rank high in important. However, this does not mean that this is not an update that we would see in the future. 

Mechanically, this update would not take much to achieve. If they were really worried about the server space for cosmetic loadouts, I am sure they could rework the system to have the data stored on the client-side, rather than the server-side - but clearly, the servers can handle it thus far.

I honestly believe that people like you, who actively want to and do change visuals so often, are so much the outliers on the system that even if they put this feature in it wouldn't pay for the effort it costs.

You're welcome to your belief, however in only four days this thread has seen nearly one hundred visitors based on its title alone - people keen on reading into the prospect of changes towards the appearance slots (as the aforementioned title suggests). This is not a very relevant section of the forums and doesn't get nearly as much traffic as other topics would. Considering the fact that Warframe has seen tens of millions of accounts created, but has only seen a total of 4,797,053 forum members (as of making this post), shows that not a large enough portion of the community is here to voice their opinion - and as you've come to see, opinions are important.

With that in mind, I can confidently say that DE would likely easily pay for the "effort that it costs" to implement this feature.

• Like 1

TehGrief  you said mosty everything that I would have said but so much better as im bad at spelling an grammer. the only thing I would add that doing this change would 

in fact save space on their end vs people would otherwise have to make a another frame to do so so it would take up more space. an just like you making many design for my frame an playing them all an switching often is what keep me in the game. the old saying fashion is end game to me that so true an how can I not be end game if I dont use all my lovely design. I feel that yes we are out number but what is not out number tho? think about it a lot of the thing vet want in this game to come or change is out number. 

their a lot of player that dont do much an old on to only a small hand full of frame an gun's that mosty end of leaveing so I dont seem how the change harm it for them. but for us. as thay will come an go ether way. but keeping us vet the people how want something. that feel like it fits nicely into the game. I mean as time go on im sure more an more people will feel the same as more awsome tenno gen come out. I know as more an more come out I grow more an more starved for it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, (XB1)xSeeMyEvilx said:

Doing this change would in fact save space on their end vs people that would otherwise have to make another frame to do so, so it would take up more space.

I would agree; the only argument weighed against this change is the fact that it would take up additional server space, but you're 100% correct that it would likely take more server space for people who have already just created a replicate warframe to achieve the additional three cosmetic and mod loadouts.

There are lot of players that don't do much and hold onto only a small hand-full of frames and guns.

You're right; even though I've mastered a large portion of the warframes available, there are really only three warframes that I play consistently. The same is true for weapons - I have a tight loadout and it works for me. 

They say that variety is the spice of life; being able to switch between several different cosmetic loadouts helps to keep things fresh.

It's clear that this feature would not be intended for people to buy additional slots for each and every warframe/weapon, but more specifically the select few that you enjoy the most and want to put more time/effort/money into. 

I mean as time goes on I'm sure more and more people will feel the same as more awesome tennogen skins come out. I know as more and more come out, I grow more and more starved for it.

Exactly, if they keep releasing fantastic skins, I am going to keep buying them.

The old saying "fashion is end game", to me, that is so true. How can I be end game if I don't use all my lovely design?

Long live fashion-frame!

• Like 1