Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Polarize with forma 3 times not in simulacrum

ZeroX4

2 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Wow, talk about making assumptions...  You clearly didn't read what I wrote.

I clearly stated WHY this one would be left in as opposed to other challenges.  In FACT, I gave THREE reasons...

As for "forma'ing fodder", I merely pointed out that it's not a hard task to do, and that you don't need to "spend so much time releveling 3 weapons!" because you and others complain about time investment for that +3k rep.  I'm pointing out it can be cleared in a matter of seconds.  What you forma or what you do with those weapons after that is on you.

Sending a friend request to a "fake friend" is not cheese, it's how you MEET people. I've never once said "and delete 'em afterwards".  If you're so opposed to interacting with other human beings, then idc if you delete me after a mission. I really don't.  I've got enough friends, I'm not lacking.  I don't care if you delete someone else, either.  FFS PUGs exist, ya know...I can find more people to run missions with...Ain't noone's feelings hurt.

I've stood up for the "Gilded Modular Weapons" challenge in past threads, too.  Don't try and force a perspective on me.  It's all meant to encourage players to  try out new content, or old content they've been neglecting.  Many players just go straight for the "meta" gear and don't REALIZE they can enjoy off-meta weapons TOO, because they just see the big numbers and assume, based on dumb youtubers and forum hate-posts, that everything else is "trash".   THIS challenge encourages them to pick something new up,  try it out, and hopefully they'll see "Oh, wow...this is totally viable ...and FUN!"  .....or they won't care, and nothing will change.  It isn't hurting anyone, either way.

If DE changed ANY challenges, I'm sure it was more "trimming fat" than it was "caving to demands of players", so chill.

Finally, I don't give an unholy crap that you're a veteran. I don't care if you've been playing for 1 day or 1000.  I don't.  Nobody does.  I play the game to enjoy -my- time, not yours, and I might play with friends or clanmates, as well.  but I don't do a friggin' background check before making squads, I don't check profiles before running missions, and I honestly am not going to dig through your old posts before replying.  ...I mean, y'all wanna complain about "time investment" but you'll waste so much time going on and on here on the forums and doing such things as these.  

Whatever, you do you.  I never claimed a high horse, I ain't trying to be on one. The ONLY reason I fight these friggin' posts on the forums is because I'm painfully aware of how many players NEVER get into Warframe because they read incorrect crap, or they read hateful OPINIONS that pose as FACTS, and they assume the game is bad because of it. 

I love Warframe, and I want others to experience it, as well.  I hate to see tiny issues (if issues at all) blown out of proportion to the point they put new players off.

Well,I certainly didn't read this wall of text right now, besides the first line. For the following reasons:

• I already wrote on this topic a lot of time ago, already had forgotten it, and my original comment didn't even have anything to do with this whole derailed petty squabble that makes up at least two thirds of the thread. Until someone had the bright idea to drag me to it with his wrong assumptions;
  • Per your very first line, and your hard effort trough out the entire thread, as well as your condescending tone towards everyone, plus ad hominems, I assume you don't even want an actual discussion on this. You just want to be right. But I'm not like that, I stated my opinion, justified i, and justified why I disagree with others. While you weren't explaining to me why you disagreed, you are clearly trying to explain to me why my opinion is wrong, which in itself is redundant.
  • Also, this whole topic is so, but so pointless... And I really don't know or care why people get so worked up over it. For both sides. You're pretty much complaining about Mesa's lack of "assests" and how important that is to the game. One thing is clear, and neither of us can change - Either the challenge goes or stays. And we just gotta accept it. Why you are trying to patronize me by making it look like I'm mad about the challenge is beyond me, but I guess you need a strawman to put words in and project your assumed issues so that you can refute them and feel like you're completely and objectively right. 
  • Lastly, I'm sure sooner or later this challenge will disappear. It might not be now, it might not be next season, but I bet it will. Why? Because I've been around for a good while and I know DE enough to know their modus operandi. You might disagree, sure, but arguing wether it will disappear or not is just preaching to the wind. We'll only know for sure once it happens anyway.

If you need someone else to keep this thread going I suggest trying one of the other commenters, specially most recent ones. They might have more patience for a philosophical debate on effort than I have. Cheers, nonetheless, and may you never forget the whole point of playing a game.

13 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

One major flaw in your view (and there are several) is that "all players" enjoy the same things, which they don't.

Another glaring flaw in your POV is that somehow the small, and I do mean SMALL, handful of players on these here forums somehow represent the opinions of the "majority" of the playerbase.   This thread, and many like it, barely involve "hundreds" of different, unique users... and that's not even a statistical drop in the well that is the 30 MILLION+ playerbase.

Now, to address your first question based on the continued use  of the "mom" example...
...Mom knows kids don't like broccoli.  She continues feeding it to them despite their objections because she knows that it's healthy, and is needed in their diet, and she has EXPERIENCE and KNOWLEDGE that comes from the combination of life experience and her unique perspective that the kids are too inexperienced, young, or simply unable to comprehend from where they stand.....and so she understands that kids may not see the "value" in consuming something necessary, like vegetables, but just because the kids don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there.

In other words, DE pushes us to dump old resources so we continue to farm to replace them.  This promotes more playing of the game, which is good for usage statistics (which helps keep money coming from investors, and thus keeps Warframe alive), helps keep players interacting with NEW players,  which is good for player retention, which AGAIN helps statistics and thus revenue....and it also, sometimes, has the fringe benefit of incentivising the purchase of Forma Bundles from the Plat store (mind you, they even GIVE you a 3 Forma pack for FREE during NW)...which AGAAAAAAAAIN helps to keep the lights on at DE.

You ASSUME that because YOU don't like the Forma challenge, that YOUR opinion is equal to ALL of the usage data that DE sees, and they somehow "neglect" that...

When the must more reasonable and logical assumption would be that YOUR ASSUMPTION is incorrect, and in fact DE IS acknowledging the data...but that data differs from what you THINK it might be.

i see and well u for sure see it also that my engrish isnt quite perfect not even close and ur is far superior than mine thats for sure
but i see you have farm more bigger problems with reading it while understand what u just read than i

-One major flaw in your view (and there are several) is that "all players"
really i did write that?

-there for sure are types of challenges all or at least most of us
1st line in my post so i think not

yea i know forums are not whole wf playerbase
but just look on forums on which nw challenges ppl complain then go visit few alliances and region chats and look on which challenges ppl complain 
maybe this will be a shocker for u but they pretty much are the same here and there

which on other hand following ur logic as u ASSUME that i can be in minority in a same way u should consider i can be in majority about 3 formas challenge

"broccoli"
good for us would be challenge like go farm 30k plymer bundle or do 20 excavators or maybe even farm 400k nano spores
so your argument about players meeting new players and collecting resources fall flat here

mom would make kids do something they dont want to do like farm so they get something in return and broccoli are full of vitamins so thats an good example
but mom would not take her kids on a beach tell them to build 3 sand castles and tell them that if they destroy them she will give them a lolipop
and trick here is that kids would first need to work for that sand to get it in a first place lets say carry it for over a mile to build that castles

keep in mind NOT ALL so u wont say that im not everyone but most players dont have something to be formed under their butt
any1 could form something they use but that would create need for leveling it again to level 30 so forma challenge would in fact devour alot more time than just getting 3 formas
+yea crafting something just for sake of forming it and trashing it is brilliant idea 
idk how u call it but in my eyes and i believe many of other wf players that is flat out waste of resources and time
ow and keep it mind u still need free slot to store whatever u will craft just for forming
another waste

there are no such thing as old resources there are only 2 types of resources in wf
those which we have enough and those which we have not enough
either way i wont believe any1 would be happy wasting them just for sake of wasting them

and by all means
grinding after forma is what keeps wf alive? yea? damn i can admit that you are 100% right here
but then i would need to start to wonder how wf was alive before there was nw idk maybe it was "broccoli" who knows? i sure dont

so in conclusion let me put it simple since i see u have some heavy problems with understanding the point here
- im 27 mr i dont need anything from wf since i have all i wanted
- i play with only 1 friends and always 2 randoms and we are doing his missions sorties and stuff since I DONT NEED ANYTHING FROM WF
- but even if there was a challenge "use 2 argon crystals" i would still say its stupid and its waste of resources and time

me and my friend are skipping far more challenges on wf just because we believe its time and resource wasting 
and i dont feel like something need to be changed because i dont need a change
but u see as u noticed i am not ALL and if i am obligated to say anything for other players i would say that content in a game should not be created so they dont like it and skip it
but in a way they will care to participate in it and enjoy it
and remember just because im not ALL does not mean everyone dont like 3 formas challenge in same fashion u are not ALL and not everyone like u are ok with wasting their resources which they are not getting for free

and if u  bother urself to do some digging into different chats and see about which challenges ppl complain u would see that there are far more players like me which think its stupid and should be replaced than like u which think its ok to waste opportunity for better challenge end players time and resource

and in the end lets face it keep in mind that JUST FOR EXAMPLE lets say there are like 3mils of active wf players and like 1k of them think like i do (that proportion should satisfy u)
u are still defending something that part of players just like u simply dont like and does not want just because for u its ok that its there

if we are community shouldnt we go for making it better for everyone and not just for group of it bigger or smaller?
where it is absolutely possible to make everyone happy in this case 

9 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Well,I certainly didn't read this wall of text right now, besides the first line. For the following reasons:

• I already wrote on this topic a lot of time ago, already had forgotten it, and my original comment didn't even have anything to do with this whole derailed petty squabble that makes up at least two thirds of the thread. Until someone had the bright idea to drag me to it with his wrong assumptions;
  • Per your very first line, and your hard effort trough out the entire thread, as well as your condescending tone towards everyone, plus ad hominems, I assume you don't even want an actual discussion on this. You just want to be right. But I'm not like that, I stated my opinion, justified i, and justified why I disagree with others. While you weren't explaining to me why you disagreed, you are clearly trying to explain to me why my opinion is wrong, which in itself is redundant.
  • Also, this whole topic is so, but so pointless... And I really don't know or care why people get so worked up over it. For both sides. You're pretty much complaining about Mesa's lack of "assests" and how important that is to the game. One thing is clear, and neither of us can change - Either the challenge goes or stays. And we just gotta accept it. Why you are trying to patronize me by making it look like I'm mad about the challenge is beyond me, but I guess you need a strawman to put words in and project your assumed issues so that you can refute them and feel like you're completely and objectively right. 
  • Lastly, I'm sure sooner or later this challenge will disappear. It might not be now, it might not be next season, but I bet it will. Why? Because I've been around for a good while and I know DE enough to know their modus operandi. You might disagree, sure, but arguing wether it will disappear or not is just preaching to the wind. We'll only know for sure once it happens anyway.

If you need someone else to keep this thread going I suggest trying one of the other commenters, specially most recent ones. They might have more patience for a philosophical debate on effort than I have. Cheers, nonetheless, and may you never forget the whole point of playing a game.

Congrats, you can wikipedia legal terms.  +10 rep.  /s

It's not pointless to discuss the importance of players understanding WHY devs do what they do.  There is a severe lack of empathy between gamers and devs these days.  Devs pour their heart and souls into these games, HOPING they'll be worth the effort, and players just demand "MOOORE!  I WANT THIS! I WANT THAT!"

It'd be like having Gordon Ramsey cook the perfect steak dinner for over an hour....and serve it to a bratty kid who just either gulps it down with ketchup, or tosses it on the floor and demands oreos instead.  Either way, the kid in question isn't even bothering to consider the effort or purpose of WHY or HOW the meal was prepared for him.

I don't expect players to have to LIKE everything DE does, but DE should not be expected to please everyone.  That's an impossible task.  Clearly, they have the metrics that we do not, and even with those in consideration, they still moved forward with the changes, and the lack thereof, that they did for Season 2. That alone should speak volumes...

I never complained about Mesa's -anything- , btw, so please don't be putting words in my mouth, thank you very much.

I'm not objectively right.  I'm not trying to make myself appear as a perfect -anything-.  Hate me all you want. The TRUTH is objective.

And the TRUTH is that this is an easy task that DE is clearly using to motivate specific actions and engagement that they feel is good for the game.  Just because a vocal group on the forums thinks otherwise doesn't mean DE is wrong.

And I say this to you AND anyone else who is speaking to the contrary, opinions or not, this whole damned  thing about burning Nightwave to the ground is dumb.  FEEDBACK on Nightwave is fine, but all I see is a bunch of rants about how things should be "easier" but also "more challenging", how they should have "worthwhile gameplay", but also be able to "skip everything because takes too long", etc.  

If y'all got feedback...There's a whole area of the forums for that, titled, surprise surprise..."Feedback".  It should be constructive, not destructive and hateful.

In any case, it's an open forum.  Agree or don't, I don't care... but don't expect that you can wave your entitlement and opinions all over the place, but expect me to just keep quiet because, for some reason, you think my opinions and ideas are somehow less valuable or  welcomed than yours.

I'm fine with having a debate...but these forums are more often these days just a giant dumpster fire, and honestly, it's a real shame.  But it's not gonna improve by people "just accepting it".