Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I just abort when wolf shows now

beaker_redux

Hey DE,

Would you please make the randomly spawning wolf minions killable?  Let's be real about this.  Since we can farm the event (or have farmed it until we can build a house out of wolf handles), fighting Wolf inside a normal mission is pointless.  

1) He doesn't give any nightwave standing.

2) His minions are a pain.

3) Usually the team is ill-equipped and it takes longer to fight him than the entire mission.

I just don't fight him anymore.  I'm usually affinity farming, or relic farming some quick capture mission.  It's just easier to abort and restart than waste 5 minutes on him.

Suggestion:

1. Give nightwave standing for Wolf.  I know it's been mentioned quite enough, but now more than ever it makes sense.

2. Undo the invincibility on the minions.  

3. Allow me to switch out the Lotus with Vor for my mission commander.  Sorry -- this doesn't have anything to do with Wolf, but it would be cool and now I have a third point.   Just a dream of mine to spawn and hear Vor say something like "Look at these Corpus ... "

Cheers,

Beaker.

• Like 1

Fighting Shadow Stalker, Grustag 3 and Zanuka are all pointless once you have all the drops but nobody is asking for those to be removed.

We need more assassins like Wolf in my opinion as the scary "I am your reckoning" assassin is pretty much one-shot by most of us and the rest are no better. My usual thoughts when the lights flicker is "Hi Stalkie, Bye Stalkie" and on with the mission. The assassins are supposed to be scary and they simply aren't. Wolf is different, he is a legitimate threat and you can't instantly wipe out his adds to turn off the molotovs so you have to stay mobile and dodge his attacks rather than just stand still and pump rounds into him until he goes down.

I have seen many threads complaining that an ill-equipped team can't handle him and my response is always the same. Why are you ill-equipped? We all know he is out there so run prepared, carry at least one weapon to deal with him like you would with any of the assassins. Nobody runs Lua armed with nothing but a MK. 1 Braton and expects to kill sentients so why are you expecting to wipe the floor with Wolf when unprepared? I've been caught levelling weapons several times and yet I have not lost to the Wolf even once. I'm not saying I'm some god-level player because I really aren't, I just know to carry the tools I need.

Nobody's complaining about Stalker/Zanuka/Grustrag specifically because they're "hi, bye" enemies. They're basically loot containers. 

The wolf is a pain in the ass, and not worth even the few seconds it takes XxRadiationRubico420LeetScopexX to kill (or the 5+ minutes it might take average schmoes to do it). 

My hope is that Nightwave 2 simply doesn't do a Wolf Like random obstacle. At certain breakpoints, each player should get a solo mission with increasingly dangerous mini-boss henchmen, until they finally go head-to-head with the Big Bad. It should build up to something, not just be "Oh hey, here's the major boss" 3 times a day. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 1

NEVER GIVE UP! 

You say that the wolf's rewards are crap. That "he's not worth my time". That "I'll just leave mission because the wolf is worth it". BULL@!@$ WE KNOW WHY YOU MADE THIS POST. because your a QUITTER! 

Shalath knows the Wolf is tough, this player knows what to expect, so Shalath carries good gear to combat this! 

But you!!! You run around in your little power fantasy bullying weaker enemies, and the wolf shows up you go into full baby poppy diaper mode waaaa waaaa "my run is ruined" waaaa waaa "I can't kill him in one hit" waaaa waaaaa "he actually hurts"  ☹️

NEVER GIVE UP, if you want to kill the WOLF then DO IT, JUST DO IT!!!! DOOOO IT!

but if you don't then what do you expect!!!! Your unprepared so accept defeat!!! The Wolf is not your everyday grineer lancer!  

On 2019-05-16 at 6:44 AM, TheRedAvenger said:

NEVER GIVE UP! 

You say that the wolf's rewards are crap. That "he's not worth my time". That "I'll just leave mission because the wolf is worth it". BULL@!@$ WE KNOW WHY YOU MADE THIS POST. because your a QUITTER! 

Shalath knows the Wolf is tough, this player knows what to expect, so Shalath carries good gear to combat this! 

But you!!! You run around in your little power fantasy bullying weaker enemies, and the wolf shows up you go into full baby poppy diaper mode waaaa waaaa "my run is ruined" waaaa waaa "I can't kill him in one hit" waaaa waaaaa "he actually hurts"  ☹️

NEVER GIVE UP, if you want to kill the WOLF then DO IT, JUST DO IT!!!! DOOOO IT!

but if you don't then what do you expect!!!! Your unprepared so accept defeat!!! The Wolf is not your everyday grineer lancer!  

The thing is, wolf require too specific gear to beat. A lvl 75 wolf with full squad take ages to kill and it can one hit you with janky animations.

But sure he teleporting around without animation and onehitting you even if you roll or dodge is just good right..just slapping a million hp and million damage on an enemy is not hard its just lazy design.

The problem with Wolf is that he is an assassin character when he should be a node boss. There is nothing wrong with an optional node boss being a meat sponge and hard to kill, because the main aim of the mission is to kill the node boss.

Now, an assassin should never become the main dish in the mission. Just killing the Wolf alone can net me 70% the damage on Hydron when the Saryn is the one busting her ass to give me leecher's exp for clearing the 5 waves (I was playing Nezha). This is completely stupid for an assassin type enemy.

There is no actual problem with the Wolf himself, just the implementation of the Wolf in a wrong context.