Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Horrible Truth About Gamers :)

RoboDoge

Watch out my fellow Tenno and dont play to much. Or you might end up thinking that your neighbors are Grineer and start using Braton on them.

Because gamers are know as aggressive and vile people.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/09/17/fox-news-hasselbeck-navy-yard-shooting-shows-need-for-video-game-registry-not-gun-control/

Or people on Fox News are just crazy.

Edited by RoboDog

This is really for off topic.

And yes, people writing for Fox News are alarmists and exaggerators to get their over 50 crowed into a tizzy for ratings.

On several stories i read about the shooting, they bring up his gaming habits first before they brought up his narcissism and other mental problems with anger. They also classify him under post traumatic stress disorder after helping with rescue efforts during 9/11. Bring up "violent video games" is the same thing as bring up something like " he liked war documentaries on history channel" or "he liked slasher scary movies" They add up to nothing.

Edited by Firetempest

wow...... americans are stupid (poletics and news)

its never the game fault.

only the person self mentality.

"but we need to protect the kids D:"  then why, WHY YOU LET YOUR KIDS PLAY GAMES THEY SHOULDENT PLAY YOU DUMB IDIOTIC PARANT?!?!

as for people old enough and blame the game for what they did, they are weaklinks that dont have the backbone to admit thier own fault and toss it at entertaiment as a scapegoat.

sorry im just having to rant, if i went overboard feel free to delete it >.>.

(edit: just to be clear incase people dont realize, this is in reguard to the stupid media groups and anti video games you have there, not americans in general.)

Edited by BloodHungryKitten

If anything, video games give a safe outlet for otherwise already angry people. How many mass-shootings do you see in countries with better gun control? Oh, right, next-to-none.

But, hey, it's America. They need their guns to protect themselves from the other Americans with guns. Video games are to blame for this, not ease-of-access. Duh.

wow...... americans are stupid (poletics and news)

its never the game fault.

only the person self mentality.

"but we need to protect the kids D:"  then why, WHY YOU LET YOUR KIDS PLAY GAMES THEY SHOULDENT PLAY YOU DUMB IDIOTIC PARANT?!?!

as for people old enough and blame the game for what they did, they are weaklinks that dont have the backbone to admit thier own fault and toss it at entertaiment as a scapegoat.

sorry im just having to rant, if i went overboard feel free to delete it >.>.

Shouldn't call people from other contries as a whole, "stupid"

P.S. You spelt parents wrong :)

As for on topic in the off topic section:

So they eat, people who eat automatically are violent people?

Edited by porkabakin11

Shouldn't call people from other contries as a whole, "stupid"

P.S. You spelt parents wrong :)

mainly referring to the media and anti games groups made of parents that too incompetent to monitor thier kids properly.

also english is not my main and there is no forum for my languege so deal with my spell errors.

mainly referring to the media and anti games groups made of parents that too incompetent to monitor thier kids properly.

also english is not my main and there is no forum for my languege so deal with my spell errors.

Maybe you should have said media and anti games groups instead of America

Sorry about spelling then, I appologize.

Edited by porkabakin11

If you think stupidity is limited by an invisible national boundry, you should reconsider your own humility.

Pick a country, and I will find a story about someone who did/said something stupid there.

Humans. Humans never change.

i dont see people blaming video games alot outside the US, then again, almost anyone in the US can get a firearm wich is where the issue lie at.

not a bunch of pixles, polygons, data, whatever else the nerd terms are.

The music you listened to used to be part of the equation, now after realizing how arrogant they looked by saying that-- they changed to the next best relevant subject: video games (because they actually have guns in them). 

Tho music still makes me want to hurt someone. Mostly myself, when i hear Justin Bieber on radio.

Pain is to great. Even if its for a few seconds.

Nearly everything outside of Hello Kitty is banned in Australia. Some countries have really stupid rating systems, too. Infamous got an adult rating in Japan. Infamous! JAPAN!

no comment about aussies cause the video games rateing groups is stupid, and alot of people in austrelia agree about it but they cant do anything reguading it.

Why is there a rating system to begin with? Because we, as humans, can agree that young humans are influenced by media.

What possible influence could a society fear from violent media other than violent behavior?

We can all agree it's asinine, but that's why those rules are in place. We only hear about it in the USA because they have guns, and the ability to buy most/all forms of media.

/begin_sociopsychological_derailment

Why is there a rating system to begin with? Because we, as humans, can agree that young humans are influenced by media.

What possible influence could a society fear from violent media other than violent behavior?

We can all agree it's asinine, but that's why those rules are in place. We only hear about it in the USA because they have guns, and the ability to buy most/all forms of media.

/begin_sociopsychological_derailment

Children are mostly influenced by their parents. But it is easier to blame media, than admit that we raised spoiled brats.

If you think stupidity is limited by an invisible national boundry, you should reconsider your own humility.

Pick a country, and I will find a story about someone who did/said something stupid there.

Humans. Humans never change.

indeed. USA, england, germany, russia, china, japan, australia, bolivia, brasil, chile, uruguay, argentina, korea, india, mexico (not canada, that is the country made of cookies, snow, and forever smiling people)

those are all the countries i can recall right now with a lot of stupid people. weird, im starting to see a connection  here. it´s almost as if stupid people wheren´t all in the same country. weird, right?