Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant 1 has been bugged since his January changes

JohnLemon123

Hello there.

As the title suggests, revenant's first ability, enthrall, has been afflicted by a rather large number of bugs ever since ''buried debts'' dropped, ranging from harmless but annoying to borderline game-breaking, putting the ability in a worse spot than it previously was.

The bugs i've personally encountered are the following :

• Thralls generated by the recently added ''projectile enthralling'' will not themselves drop a pillar on death. The same is true for enemies converted by thralls that have been afflicted in that manner. This results in the ability becoming less consistent, and as such worse. This bug occurs regardless of whether the revenant player is hosting, and has made the ability weaker.
  • Thralls converted by the pillars may become immune to all damage (except reave, strangely enough) and can only be made vulnerable again by casting your first ability on them. This bug is VERY likely to occur should the revenant player not be hosting, and is catastrophically disruptive. Why, this bug alone has been enough for me to consider ignoring his 1 altogether, unless i happen to host !
  • pillars can sometimes be destroyed by... anything. a sword slash, a random shot, you name it. Much like the bug referenced above, only occurs when the player is not hosting, and results in the ability feeling gutted in groups, as ANYTHING might destroy the pillars.
  • enemies enthralled via the pillar projectiles will sometimes lack the ''vomvalyst'' effect above their head, making what was an already hectic ability downright confusing. Much like the others, only occurs when playing in groups without hosting.
  • Enemies converted by the pillars will not drop overshields when killed by his 4, when the above mentioned conditions are met.

That's pretty much it. These bugs have been around for quite a while, and have severely worsened the effectiveness of the warframe they plague. 

• 3 weeks later...

Instead of the pillars from his dead thralls turning enemies into thralls themselves (like the patch notes said they would) it seems they end up turning enemies into full-on allies.

These allies cannot transform other enemies into thralls (preventing it from spreading naturally), do not release pillars on death, cannot be damaged by you (this is a big issue), and aren't marked with revenant's thrall marker, meaning you can easily unload your clip into an enemy that's untargetable.

The ability needs to spread naturally to be worth using. This is pretty kit breaking, and has existed for 4+ months now. 

I, along with many others, have brought this up a bunch of times at this point, ever since the first day the buried debts update dropped. And yet, not a peep has been heard from DE concerning it, which is outrageous considering how it breaks one of the most fundamental aspects of revenant's kit. 

I feel like pulling my hair out at this point, this is starting to drive me nuts. It feels like someone might have to notify them on twitter, which isn't something that should be necessary in the first place. 

• Like 5

... Making it even worse than it ever was before.

• enemies enthralled by pillars still drop no pillars of their own, which is apparently a bug. This occurs regardless of whether the player is host or client
  • enemies enthralled by pillars may randomly become invincible. This occurs when the revenant player is NOT hosting
  • enemies enthralled by pillars may randomly have no thrall icon above their head. also occurs when the revenant player isn't host.
  • enemies enthralled by thralls converted by pillars won't drop pillars either, and the affliction they spread will result in that same problem repeating itself. happens regardless of whether a player is host or client.

Can this please get fixed already ? People (myself included) have been making posts regarding this as far back as the day the update dropped, and it hasn't even been acknowledged. enthrall is already a questionable enough ability as far as its power goes, and it really doesn't need to be bugged beyond belief on top of it.

The enemy-turned-allied-forever bug is actually sorta nice, except when it stops certain missions from progressing since they're still considered enemies somehow.

But enemies turned by the homing bullets not dropping pillars on death actually broke the ability, or atleast the spreading feature is better but at the cost of having less pillars spawned.They should either not count towards the limit or drop pillars on death.

Edited by -Bv-Concarne

• 2 weeks later...

... And has been since hildryn dropped, some 4 months ago. i know this sounds like a broken record at this point, but i hope it gets addressed at some point.

• enemies converted by the pillars still become invincible when the revenant player isn't hosting, making the ability far, FAR more obnoxious than ever before.
  • enemies converted by pillars don't themselves drop pillars, making the ability as a whole a lot less controllable, as well as a lot less powerful. this bug alone has made the ability WEAKER than prior to the changes.
  • enemies converted BY enemies that were themselves changed through the damage pillars don't drop any of their own either. if thralls are meant to be a disposable resource, and one that allies can get rid of, shouldn't there always be at least a few of them to make use of ? 

The ability was never the grandest of powers, but i used to use it a whole lot just for the hell of it, and because i thought rooms full of pillars looked kinda neat, but now ? now, it's not only become a whole lot less reliable, but also  far more obnoxious to you AND your team, and i pretty much never use it anymore.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Try moving this to the bug reports section.

Then pray DE cares or even has time to work on it considering Tennocon.

The last two times I brought it up were in separate topics that both got merged into this one, so I think this is some sort of miniature megathread now. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

i have given up on this.. the entirety of warframe follows a "implement and forget" attitude that has made me literally sick of playing.

Revenant has been bugged since his launch, fake fixed and forgotten as per DEs usual.

I mean let’s face it. Any minor tweaks DE could make to Revenant won’t make him a more popular frame. What he needs is a near total rework from the ground up.

46 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I mean let’s face it. Any minor tweaks DE could make to Revenant won’t make him a more popular frame. What he needs is a near total rework from the ground up.

As much as I want them to rethink some of his abilities (and trust me, I REALLY do), I think it's currently more important to have him be, well... Functional.