The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Wil-O-Wisp Causing Game Hitch/Freeze While Having Alt Helmet Equipped (Fixed)

McSkops

EDIT: Fixed in Hotfix 25.0.4.

Something with Wisp's alt helmet causes the game to lock-up/hitch for a split-second when you use her 2nd ability. Usually on the first cast of it when you enter a mission or when you go for a while without using it. I know it's the alt helm because all of the freezes stopped happening as soon as I switched back to default. Seems to be another case of the game having a hiccup when specific things are loaded in.

Bonus: Pulling out a scanner with any frame does the same thing as well. Which is something that seems to appear with every other mainline update.

Edited by McSkops

It is because of the alternate helmet? 
That is good to know.
I guess I won't use it for a while then.

I am also experiencing this bug/issue.

I was just playing on the Kuva Fortress tileset (I was wearing the alternate helmet too).
I would experience FPS drops ranging from like 20-30 whenever casting her second ability, Wil-O-Wisp.
My FPS would almost immediately shoot back up though. 

This 'stutter' like issue would only happen when I went awhile without casting the ability.
Say, maybe thirty seconds to a minute between casts?
Once the stutter occurred and my FPS returned to normal, I could cast the ability back to back without any issues.
But, if I went some time without casting it, I would eventually have the 'stutter' again (followed by a period where things were fine).

I hope this issue is resolved soon.
I much prefer her alternate helmet.
I'm also glad to find that it was not an issue with my PC or game. 
:D 

Strange, the only time I've experienced this stutter is when switching to the Sunpoint Plasma Drill, not with any other weapons, equipment, or abilities. Never would've expected it to be her alt helmet.

10 minutes ago, KX297 said:

It is because of the alternate helmet? 
That is good to know.
I guess I won't use it for a while then.

I am also experiencing this bug/issue.

I was just playing on the Kuva Fortress tileset (I was wearing the alternate helmet too).
I would experience FPS drops ranging from like 20-30 whenever casting her second ability, Wil-O-Wisp.
My FPS would almost immediately shoot back up though. 

This 'stutter' like issue would only happen when I went awhile without casting the ability.
Say, maybe thirty seconds to a minute between casts?
Once the stutter occurred and my FPS returned to normal, I could cast the ability back to back without any issues.
But, if I went some time without casting it, I would eventually have the 'stutter' again (followed by a period where things were fine).

I hope this issue is resolved soon.
I much prefer her alternate helmet.
I'm also glad to find that it was not an issue with my PC or game. 
😄

Yup, that is what is happening. You can also test it easily by going in and out of the simulacrum (to get the first cast easily) with and without the alt helm.

I don't know if the alt helm is the problem or not but with other frames have game freezes (with continous sounds and game in the background). Maybe this issue is different but it seems nor this thread nor the one where I posted checked by the devs. Hopefully they already know these issues because that makes the game unplayable.

@[DE]Linkski Could you guys work on freeze on pulling scanner out? It is the same issiue. And When people summon ship life support(for example Liset's time freeze game also freeze). And When people join squad(from matchmakeing) game alose freeze. And sometimes at ESO in when enemies spawn it also freeze for a moment. I wrote it down becasue if you could fix that helmet bug, you can fix other issues some of us have.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont have wisp but still have screen freezes despite my rig is still fine for the game. Only this game causes me the screen freezes and it is pretty annoying when you cannot do long runs and even sometimes in the login screen freeze the game. Any good idea how can I fix this?

I checked the other topic about the resolution what 

DEGlen added. I am using the native 1920x1080 and full screen but this never was problematic until the u25. I still not wish to upgrade my rig because it is still fine for most games despite it is in avarege 5 years old.

PS: A friend of mine who use wisp with the base helmet still experience this issue.