Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Screen Constantly Freezing

Larrimus

Ever since update 25, I can't be in a mission for more than 10 minutes (& often far less) without my games screen freezing. The audio continues to work, but the screen never unfreezes. The only way to fix it is to restart my client which takes five minutes. I've tried optimizing & then verifying my download cache, as well as uninstalling & reinstalling the entire game. Doing so did not fix this bug. What am I supposed to do?

• Like 1

Is it an issue with the game freezing then minimizing and crashing for any mission?  I may be having the same problem.

since the most recent update it freezes in the orbiter now   I can’t even get into a mission  

Edited by jfhsanseiIII

I have the same problem!

I get inside a mission... it may occur at min 1 or after 30 min, and when it happens the screen freeze, but i hear the sound of the game keep going. I also hear that i'm doing action as i'm tring to do on keyboard (melee swing, opening menu, bullet jump sound effect).

I think is a bug of update 25

1 hour ago, Serot17 said:

I have the same problem!

I get inside a mission... it may occur at min 1 or after 30 min, and when it happens the screen freeze, but i hear the sound of the game keep going. I also hear that i'm doing action as i'm tring to do on keyboard (melee swing, opening menu, bullet jump sound effect).

I think is a bug of update 25

yeah it happened to me too

I have the exact same problem, when I am on any mission the screen freeze randomly at a time but in the background the game continue. The screen freeze only happens to me in this game and I play the game long ago and this screen freeze happening to me after the latest 3 major update never before. I checked my cache and tried to diagnose what the problem could have be but cannot figure out what the exact problem. I know my monitor/projector is cannot capable to move beyond 60 fps and only in this game makes strange backgorund noises and piping.

I have a radeon card and have enough memory aswell so not sure what causes the problem because the other games does nothing the screen freeze. I found old forum topics about this problem but it seems it is a never fixed or checked one because the devs does not answered or noted it is an issue. Until solved/fixed by me or by the devs I guess I will just pass the game because I cannot play with the mind the game could just freeze any given moment. 

Edited by Syndrella

3 minutes ago, Syndrella said:

I have the exact same problem, when I am on any mission the screen freeze randomly at a time but in the background the game continue. The screen freeze only happens to me in this game and I play the game long ago and this screen freeze happening to me after the latest 3 major update never before. I checked my cache and tried to diagnose what the problem could have be but cannot figure out what the exact problem. I know my monitor/projector is cannot capable to move beyond 60 fps and only in this game makes strange backgorund noises and piping.

I have a radeon card and have enough memory aswell so not sure what causes the problem because the other games does nothing the screen freeze. I found old forum topics about this problem but it seems it is a never fixed or checked one because the devs does not answered or noted it is an issue. Until solved/fixed by me or by the devs I guess I will just pass the game because I cannot play with the mind the game could just freeze any given moment. 

Actually I have the same issue with one difference the game is freezing if I play endless missions. I have also a Radeon card with 16g ram. I also not found any issues beyond with warframe because the rest of my games not generate this issue. I plays nowadays less so not really bothered with it but sad to hear the game is unplayable with certain builds. They need to check this issue and fix it.

I have also this issue and tried everything to fix it but noone of the options helped. Optimized, veryfied, checked my libraries, checked the cache files and deleted everything with the game then reinstalled and still the issue is exists.

Edited by Scorpiokon

I have also this issue but not always happens. For me this is randomly but usually happens 2-3 in a week at any time zone. I don't know what causes this because this issue mostly happens if the ram or the video card has problems but if this happens only in this game, then the problem is the game itself and they need feedback to solve this. I also found some minor bugs during walking on relays and on the bazaar. I need still test it if other games have also problems until then I just leave this.

I have the same issue but I guess it happens because of Win10. The drivers can be the problems if the issue is recreateable with other games if not then the issue is only the warframe. This issue is not new because I also found other older threads with this issue but all in general discussion and all ended not check by any dev. Would be nice if this issue can be fixed because this makes the game unplayable. This issue is most seems happening after the latest update may be they reactivated a long ago fixed bug.

Edited by Agrissa88

This bug is annoying. It happens roughly after 5-7 min play randomly and not sure what is wrong. A week ago I cleaned my pc outside and inside, checked my rams and the rest but had no problem. This screen freezing thing may not a new thing but for me it started about a day ago when the latest update hit. I am also using win10 and geforce card but all the options seems normal and I play with medium preferences. Can a dev say a word or two about this? Then I could maybe run a diagnostic then send the needed files to check if the issue is in my pc or it is in the game only.

Just now, Nubescu said:

This bug is annoying. It happens roughly after 5-7 min play randomly and not sure what is wrong. A week ago I cleaned my pc outside and inside, checked my rams and the rest but had no problem. This screen freezing thing may not a new thing but for me it started about a day ago when the latest update hit. I am also using win10 and geforce card but all the options seems normal and I play with medium preferences. Can a dev say a word or two about this? Then I could maybe run a diagnostic then send the needed files to check if the issue is in my pc or it is in the game only.

This is much likely a common bug and back in a time it happend with me too more often but now it seems they managed to revive somehow this screen freeze issue. It seems to me something is wrong with this game because in other games this issue not happend so I doubt this is a pc issue if the game just ran fine before this update.

1 minute ago, Sziklamester said:

This is much likely a common bug and back in a time it happend with me too more often but now it seems they managed to revive somehow this screen freeze issue. It seems to me something is wrong with this game because in other games this issue not happend so I doubt this is a pc issue if the game just ran fine before this update.

I guess so and may be a ram issue or a sudden power flow issue what the game cannot handle but for one game I do not wish the remake my pc when everything just runs fine except this game.

I have this issue also and it happens me drequent after the update. I am using a win10 and a radeon Rx-560 card. 16 g ram and 4 core i 7.

I sent a diagnose to the support may they will check this until that I guess I will skip the game too because it is not a fun experience.

It started happening to me the very second I got the nyx deluxe bundle yesterday. immediate crash and now i can't hardly even move around the orbiter without getting frozen. it seems to happen with the most consistency when i log in and try to go to the orbiter's lower deck

Edited by FaeliecanSagus

I have the same issue it started for me after this update. Yesterday tried to play a long survival and around the 30-37 min timeline the screen froze and I could not do nothing. I tried to log out and log on from my user on pc but after logging into the game all my progress lost. I played solo. Tried second time with a group and it seems I can join after a screen freeze if the team still playing but then I lose the xp. Basically you cannot progress because anytime can freeze.

I have win10 with a 3.2ghz 8core, 24g ram, and a Amd Radeon Rx550X card.

Got the bug too, game runs normally, untill screen freezes but the game still goes on with the sounds on the background. Started sometime after the profit taker update, but after yesterday the bug has gotten out of hand and the freezes are MUCH more frequent. Got 2 years old gaming laptop with nvidia gtx 980M that has just been maintenanced with fresh win 10 and drivers installs.

I have this issue aswell after this update. Before never happend to me and my pc is very new with all necessary drivers installed and updated. Today just 17 times tried to finish 1 run but cannot manage to finish it. I hope they will check this thread and seeking for a solution because it seems the only game what does this is warframe. So far I tested 31 other games and those not reproduced the issue only warframe doing this. 

PS: I have win10 and also using AMD card.

Edited by Cleopatranikea

Just tried updating my drivers, everything seems up to date(amd radeon hd 6570), still getting black screen with sound and abilities, this is really frustrating!!!

Edit note: tried again just now, but did not work but I was able to submit a bug report, hope this gets fixed soon (WAR-2371630)

Edited by Warpworld
update in situation

non riesco piu a giocare dopo l'aggiornamento di giove gioco normalmente per circa 10 minuti e poi lo schermo di blocca e non posso usare piu nessun comando

l'audio continua a funzionare ma sono bloccato ... sento gli altri giocatori sparare e continuare la missione ma io sono bloccato .... 

e cosa pessima si blocca anche il pc

l'unico modo per ritornare alla normalita è staccare la corrente al pc e riavviare tutto il sistema ....

questa cosa è molto MOLTO IRRITANTE un gioco che ha dei costi in euro per gli utenti cosi esorbitanti è INACCETTABILE che succedano queste cose

siete dei dilettanti allo sbaraglio prima di lanciare una modifica o un aggiornamento dovreste testarle in tutte le configurazioni possibili

e solo dopo che siete sicuri funzioni potete darle in uso  !!!

22 hours ago, Sziklamester said:

Actually I have the same issue with one difference the game is freezing if I play endless missions. I have also a Radeon card with 16g ram. I also not found any issues beyond with warframe because the rest of my games not generate this issue. I plays nowadays less so not really bothered with it but sad to hear the game is unplayable with certain builds. They need to check this issue and fix it.

Hope so. For me it freezed during the gameplay but once when I tried to mod also happend. I did all the needed stuff and I also redone my system "already needed to do so" I removed the non needed apps and reinstalled all the drivers, updates what needs for my pc and then later installed the game again but it still does this. I think it is in their game, because all major updates contains a lot of bugs so it is not a surprise I cannot play more than just a log in log off.

Maybe they know already this issue and they are working on the solution. The majority here seems have the necessary rig and drivers up to date to run the game depsite the requirements increased.

The only thing is maybe a source of problem is my monitor/projector does weird sounds and it is not a free sync monitor and just can do full hd with 60 fps. I cannot push it further only I could sacrifice the resolution but that still keeps freezing. I have no clue what does this but I hope they will fix it soon as possible.