Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With all changes... Can you replace the weird, hard, Gear circle with a Square table like the Inventory?

MarianCta

Like the title say much easy. That circle is anoing.

Thanks.

Edit:

And need to go to bottom if i want to add an item in it. Why not an button on Right Bottom 'Add gear'.
When you are selected to replace an item that already exists. Add an button to 'Add gear before'.

Edited by MarianCta

3 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Do you mean the gear wheel? I think it is fine as it is. Why don’t you like it?

How many times you need to rotate the mouse or to scroll to get the 30+ items in it ?
You will be dead 10 time when you reach that value.

And need to go to bottom if i want to add an item in it. Why not an button on Right Bottom 'Add gear'.
When you are selected to replace an item that already exists. Add an button to 'Add gear before'.

Edited by MarianCta

Just now, MarianCta said:

How many times you need to rotate the mouse or to scroll to get the 30+ items in it ?

Wait, you think a cube would fix this? I don’t.

I use a controller, so it may just be that the circle is far better for me. I cannot however see any reason at all to have 30+ items in your gear wheel. I think I have around 10 - 12 things that I use.

Just now, MarianCta said:

Put your most important stuff first because it's "priority" over what other junk you can have. Then you just assign hotkeys to the first 12 items as that's all you can hotkey from options. I have them all set to numpad and I just press Num 2 for energy restores, health is on Num 3.

And we're very much not going to go backwards to the old school gear "wheel."

3 minutes ago, MarianCta said:

I just have hot keys set up for all my "In Case of Emergency" items, and those are always placed towards the "bottom" of the wheel, so the less urgent items are closer to the top for easier access.

Changing the layout wont actually fix the issue you're describing, because it's caused by having too many items loaded.

37 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Wait, you think a cube would fix this? I don’t.

I use a controller, so it may just be that the circle is far better for me. I cannot however see any reason at all to have 30+ items in your gear wheel. I think I have around 10 - 12 things that I use.

Really i want to see that wheel in Windows Start Menu instated of that Square thing and let see if you like 🙂

Are you sure is no more fast to navigate with the controller too?: Yes
Home many items enter on an single row ?: 8 / Columns 5
You can use controller keys to navigate up and down from rows. and you see the items more easy, not blurry.

Yea, if you want to run in a safe place to use the gear, and you don't care to spend the time on it use that.
If you want to add an item you need to replace one and add them to last spot. If you like that. I think you really not use the gear.

Edited by MarianCta

whether we use hotkeys for the first 12 or not, there's reason to have more than 12 and once you do, you get this incredibly stupid wheel of confusion that constantly moves the buttons on you when trying to access anything you don't have a hotkey for.

it's a bad design. we'd be better off with having multiple Gear Wheels, rather than spin the wheel of fortune.

3 hours ago, MarianCta said:

Yea, if you want to run in a safe place to use the gear, and you don't care to spend the time on it use that.

I cannot say I have ever done this. If I want to use a gear item while being shot at I just use it. I don't really see the problem here. With an analog stick (like a controller has) it is incredibly easy to pick what you want, it takes about 2 seconds.

3 hours ago, MarianCta said:

If you want to add an item you need to replace one and add them to last spot.

You seem mistaken. I never said that the current wheel was good. I just said that my interpretation of what you wanted was bad. That is not to say that DE couldn't do a much better job of it. I was just assuming you meant something like the Inventory/Relic selection. That would be so much worse. 

• There are aspects of the current Gear Wheel system that have never worked properly for me. I cannot do Fishing/Conservation with my controller, I have no choice but to use the keyboard because of DE's system that has never worked. *Yes, I accept this could be a result of how my stuff is setup.

I would absolutely like DE to improve the gear wheel. I perhaps would rather have multiple wheels. Why not have a main, and a backup gear set? Your main one has the stuff you use regularly, say, Energy Restores. Your backup has stuff like Air Support Capsules and Glyph prisms. That would remove some of the issue. It could be on a wheel or a box, I would rather keep it as a wheel. But really, what's the harm in giving us a choice?

Edited by krc473