Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game massively dimming

MusicalFoxy

I've been having a problem since the Jovian Concord update where the screen would massively dim so much to points where it becomes pitch black and i can't see anything but the UI and barely my warframe. idk if this is happening to anyone else but it's been a big issue since anything that causes a little explosion that ranges from explosions like the Staticor to the Fulmin Semi blasts would just dim my game to the point that i can't see. (excuse the potato graphics)

Before
https://pasteboard.co/Ihm4AxF.jpg

After
https://pasteboard.co/Ihm55HS.jpg

I'm not sure if it's just a graphic issue or a certain setting causes this to happen but it's annoying me so much.

This may be due to Adaptive Exposure being turned on. It adjusts brightness in-game depending on surrounding lighting effects.

Try turning this off in Options > Display > Adaptive Exposure (under Graphics Quality).

As a sidenote... this will set a flat brightness in-game, rendering some areas and tilesets brighter/darker than before.

Turning Adaptive Exposure off did help with the dimming but i guess now i have to deal with the maps being really bright or really dark but I've been noticing to that during some explosions of some of the weapons even when i have a dark blue color or green color for the energy it was turn into a bright red or yellow in the center of the explosion and i'm wondering if that's the issue of why it keeps dimming so much because just like i mentioned at first with the dimming bug didn't happen before the Jovian Concord update.

Edited by MusicalFoxy

It's not just you OP, same here for me and I've seen it in youtuber vids post update.  It appears to be a design decision by DE in the Jovian update.  Rather than blind you with a screen full of bright energy FX, is blinds you by making the screen black.

I have gotten that problem since they updated PoE and presumably the whole game with the new lighting system, no matter the configuration is too dark in dark areas and too bright on some like when you enter a building in Fortuna and then you go out (which also happens in a few Corpus tilesets), Going to the eastern caves in PoE at night is a nightmare because it turns pitch black, same if you went on the Vox Solaris room and need to get out.

they showed on a dev post a while ago them tweaking/messing with lighting when going from bright areas to dark and the other way round, even bright effects from warframe abilities and guns cause the screen to brighten up then darken for a period as your simulated "eyes" readjust, its a horrible feature, even just walking around parts of maps causes your vision to darken/brighten for no good reason at extremes, its a horrible feature thats been altered and cant be disabled without turning off a whole cluster of other options making the game look horrible.

With Dynamic Exposure on, the game can massively dim in Orb Vallis as well, simply by standing near a k-drive race gates. The k-drive race gates do not dim while the rest of the map does dim, why? Some lit up signs in Fortuna also do not dim with the rest of the graphics. I can imagine some other various effects do not dim at all. This is like dimming the level lights and outdoor lights too much, while K-drive race gates, lit up signs in Fortuna, and probably some other effects, stays full bright, so bright that the rest of the map goes almost black.

Dynamic exposure OFF have a different and opposite problem in Orb Vallis being too bright. Fortuna, solo mode, start bounty, go to Orb Vallis, go to inside cave, wait 1 minute, exit cave. I do at least want to see a fix to dynamic exposure off problem.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1034191-orb-vallis-brightness/