Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE's handling of Lunaro

The_Great_Hawk

Just now, DaveElionHUN said:

so. you think if there is only "5 or 6" players in a gamemode (more than 400 actually...), then it should just get removed? Why is it bothers you? You think, you know this better than the actual developer team? You think, if the gamemode would be dead like you think, DE would mention it in a livestream? Yes, there are fewer players in there than in pve, but thats true for almost any game, but there ARE people who likes it. Dont be so smartass, and if you cant make any actual comment related to the topic, leave. Go hunt some eidolon, massacare thousands of mindless enemys, and leave the conclave part to us. we want to enjoy the FULL game, ALL the gamemodes that had been worked on hard by DE. We complain about it becouse we like it, and we suffer when we see the bugs. but this is the same as the famous eidolon topics, and other "old bug, why isnt it fixed" topics.

Can you please show me where I said it should be removed?

Do you want an actual comment related to the topic? Ok...

I find pathetic this "cause" you guys trying to fight. Complaining because the least played mode in the game (less than raids had in the last time DE showed info, and raid had 1%) is not receiving constant fixes and updates.

The game never had focus in PvP or competitive modes. It was added because a small amount of loud and entitled players (like you guys) complained so much that DE tought the PvP community was big.
Guess what? It wasn't. Since Conclave 1.0 PvP is dead. Dark Sectors was the only thing that created a big PvP community and even that died after so much bullsh*t, DDoS, Mafias and exploits.

Now you complain that DE doesn't care about this mode. Why should they? To make your 4 girlfriends in this thread happy instead of making content for the other 99% of the playerbase that plays the main part of the game? The part that really matters?

Why DE should waste manpower, time and money in a mode that no one plays or cares about? Oh sorry, "400 active players" play in a game with 52 thousand online players only on Steam. Acording to your info that looks like a huge lie exposed by other people in this thread already.

Why DE should waste time in a failure like Lunaro and Conclave instead of using this time to make something new and probably a lot better?

• Like 1

I disagree wholeheartedly, now i want to have an intelligent discussion here, so please indulge me.

When they first brought out conclave and Lunaro, it was extremely popular, and top streamers like Iflynn played quite actively, so you saying it was dead at the very start is wrong. I can tell you that i am not Dave's girlfriend, but i would count him as a good friend, because after playing so much with him, i have actually gotten to know him, thats something that rarely happens in PVE, the other 99% of players?? 99% of them have probably never even given Lunaro a chance, so how would they even know if it is good or not? And considering that a massive proportion of Older players, who used to be that main playerbase are leaving, gives them an even higher priority to not lose anymore players. DE would not be wasting manpower, they would be making a portion of their fans happy, and that is not a lie, and a troll saying " 5 or 6 players" is hardly exposing anything.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, The_Great_Hawk said:

Why exactly?

First and foremost because pvp is not my main thing, and i dont play sports games which lunaro is a warframe version of.

Edited by Nova-IX
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nova-IX said:

First and foremost because pvp is not my main thing, and i dont play sports games which lunaro is a warframe version of.

Alright, so it seems like you just aren't a fit for Lunaro, but if there were some more neat rewards, would you play it?

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hawk said:

Alright, so it seems like you just aren't a fit for Lunaro, but if there were some more neat rewards, would you play it?

No, its the same with conclave skins, which i find quite beatiful, but i wont ever play conclave to get them.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, The_Great_Hawk said:

Ok, so you wouldn't even play it with a couple of friends? or just to try it out?

Most likely not, dont really have friends and i mainly play solo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, -OP-NerevarCM said:

Can you please show me where I said it should be removed?

Do you want an actual comment related to the topic? Ok...

I find pathetic this "cause" you guys trying to fight. Complaining because the least played mode in the game (less than raids had in the last time DE showed info, and raid had 1%) is not receiving constant fixes and updates.

The game never had focus in PvP or competitive modes. It was added because a small amount of loud and entitled players (like you guys) complained so much that DE tought the PvP community was big.
Guess what? It wasn't. Since Conclave 1.0 PvP is dead. Dark Sectors was the only thing that created a big PvP community and even that died after so much bullsh*t, DDoS, Mafias and exploits.

Now you complain that DE doesn't care about this mode. Why should they? To make your 4 girlfriends in this thread happy instead of making content for the other 99% of the playerbase that plays the main part of the game? The part that really matters?

Why DE should waste manpower, time and money in a mode that no one plays or cares about? Oh sorry, "400 active players" play in a game with 52 thousand online players only on Steam. Acording to your info that looks like a huge lie exposed by other people in this thread already.

Why DE should waste time in a failure like Lunaro and Conclave instead of using this time to make something new and probably a lot better?

So, it was never my intention to attack, or judge. If i did, im sorry. Well, we doesnt expect constant fixes and updated, but man, its been too much time, more than a year since the last actual fix to the gamemodes of conclave. We dont want it to be the main problem they working on, just a little. and yes, thats a post that contains all what we need here. just dont be harsh. we play the same game, and we all have found a lot of fun in it. By the way, you arent actually right at the pvp being dead from the start. it had a rough start cuz it was much harder to master, and now its even more hard. the gamemode contains older players, because the younger players mostly arent patient enough to practice it. For the spin-to-win you dont need skill, just have to repeat the same button sequence all the time, but in conclve if you try that, you'll die fast. I like the reguar pve, its a nice, relaxing, but sometimes challangeing gametime, but i like pvp too. Again, i dont want to attack anybody, i dont want to be rude, i just want this topic to reach its goal. Just like any other furom topics about bugs. And why they should waste time? because its already ingame, and the idea behind it is worth the time. its my opinion, and i accept yours too. you arent a pvp player, and thats all. Just please, dont take our fun only because you cant enjoy it.

• Like 4

Just now, The_Great_Hawk said:

I disagree wholeheartedly, now i want to have an intelligent discussion here, so please indulge me.

When they first brought out conclave and Lunaro, it was extremely popular, and top streamers like Iflynn played quite actively, so you saying it was dead at the very start is wrong. I can tell you that i am not Dave's girlfriend, but i would count him as a good friend, because after playing so much with him, i have actually gotten to know him, thats something that rarely happens in PVE, the other 99% of players?? 99% of them have probably never even given Lunaro a chance, so how would they even know if it is good or not? And considering that a massive proportion of Older players, who used to be that main playerbase are leaving, gives them an even higher priority to not lose anymore players. DE would not be wasting manpower, they would be making a portion of their fans happy, and that is not a lie, and a troll saying " 5 or 6 players" is hardly exposing anything.

Everyone plays new things in the beggining. Doesn't mean anything. Everyone played Anthem in the beggining, made streams about it. Didn't changed the fact the game is sh*t.
Conclave and Lunaro were only popular at the launch because everyone was trying it. It was a new thing in the game. Especially Conclave because it was launched in the beggining of the game. When the game had a really small amount of content. After that? Nothing.

Older players are leaving because the game doesn't have an endgame.
And your brilliant idea is to give then Lunaro updates instead.

"Hey veterans, we heard your concerns. We will make new Lunaro content instead of a good endgame, because the community of 5 or 6, ops, 400 players want it! This will sure bring everyone back!"

Just now, -OP-NerevarCM said:

Everyone plays new things in the beggining. Doesn't mean anything. Everyone played Anthem in the beggining, made streams about it. Didn't changed the fact the game is sh*t.
Conclave and Lunaro were only popular at the launch because everyone was trying it. It was a new thing in the game. Especially Conclave because it was launched in the beggining of the game. When the game had a really small amount of content. After that? Nothing.

"Hey veterans, we heard your concerns. We will make new Lunaro content instead of a good endgame, because the community of 5 or 6, ops, 400 players want it! This will sure bring everyone back!"

Is that what I said?
I said that DE really cant afford to be losing any % of their player base anymore, I don't want an argument, so please stop being so aggressive.
Older players are leaving because DE does not listen to them, If they had been listening to them since the start, it would not be 52k people online on steam, it would be more like 70k, and fixing Lunaro alongside that? That's just a massive upside for all those players that enjoy it, and I think that all players of this game should be able to enjoy what they want, I am going to stop addressing you now since your clearly very emotional about this topic.
 Thanks for commenting and have a great day! Tenno!

• Like 2

Yeah, that will be bad. If DE removes Lunaro. The game will have 55.302 players instead of 55.702. A huge loss... Especially if they do this to sent the Lunaro devs to work on content for the remaining 55.302 players.

What should they do? Content for 55.302 or content for 400?

Warframe without PvP updates: 52k people online

Warframe with PvP updates: likely lower because of the manpower taken away from modes that people actually care about

Honestly, if it didn't affect the rest of the game, no one would care about the screams for more PvP aside of occasionally making fun of it for a few laughs. Not the case though. Putting resources into PvP delays the actual content and fixes that matter.

Yeah, that will be bad. If DE removes Lunaro. The game will have 55.302 players instead of 55.702. A huge loss... Especially if they do this to sent the Lunaro devs to work on content for the remaining 55.302 players.

What should they do? Content for 55.302 or content for 400?

They should do content for both, because they can, and they should pick up the goddamn pace before those 55.302 all leave

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, -OP-NerevarCM said:

May i ask you, what endgame you want? I mean, if DE puts in a new boss two things can happen: if its too hard, evryone will cry about the game being even mire grindy. it its too weak, evryone will laugh about it, that DE cant even make a boss fight interesting. Like the last gas city boss. they say its too easy. it is, easy, but its really fun, i even play it sometimes just for the fun of it. And now, the main problem of the playerbase is, they cant get once rescource easyly, by just afking in a mission for hours. I play since like 6 or 7 years, and i still have fun on the same old missions. As i used to say, i dont farming things, i play the actual game. And, man, how much new content you want from the developers? They actually giving out one big update and a bunch of smaller ones EVERY YEAR. What else do you need? Updates like gas city every day? We just want one little, small bugfixing. I dont think it should take more than a month to fix the bugs, WHILE they are working on the next big update. And let me ask again, i really curious about the answer: what would be a good endgame in warfrmae for you?

• Like 3

Just now, zoffmode said:

Warframe without PvP updates: 52k people online

Warframe with PvP updates: likely lower because of the manpower taken away from modes that people actually care about

Honestly, if it didn't affect the rest of the game, no one would care about the screams for more PvP aside of occasionally making fun of it for a few laughs. Not the case though. Putting resources into PvP delays the actual content and fixes that matter.

Not really, especially considering they haven't been focusing on PVP at all and have had 2 of the largest content droughts ever in the last year, whereas when they were still managing to get in PVP fixes and updates 1-2 years ago, the game was rising in popularity and not dying

• Like 2

Oh yeah, and do you think these 55.302 will leave for the lack of PvP content or for the lack of PvE content?

I bet is for the lack of PvE content. And if it is, then better do PvE content only instead of both to please 5 or 6 players in the PvP side.

Once again, it is not 5 or 6 players, and this thread is not for the discussion of PVE content, it was made for the discussion of Lunaro, and the reason they would be leaving is because DE have been handling the game terribly recently, including ignoring people who want fixes for conclave and Lunaro.

• Like 2

Just now, The_Great_Hawk said:

Not really, especially considering they haven't been focusing on PVP at all and have had 2 of the largest content droughts ever in the last year, whereas when they were still managing to get in PVP fixes and updates 1-2 years ago, the game was rising in popularity and not dying

What planet are you on to have logic like that?

Because they had more to do, they did more? Look, I don't know their development cycle but unless DE is severely mismanaged, they're actually doing stuff and are busy. Adding more stuff to do will slow down their pipeline. For what though? A mode that very few people care about and that is distinctly separate from the main game.

I mean, cool, with unlimited resources, it's nice to have it. There's nothing unlimited in development though.

• Like 1

Lunaro assets and some basic tuning commands over the environment like gravity for example should be turned over to the new obstacle course in the dojos and DE should allow the player base to come up with their own variations. Then Lunaro could be highlighted by community outreach and word of mouth....PVP has had years to coalesce into something, but hasn't budged much...DE should really turn over all assets from conclave to the community and see what they can create, much like how Bungie did with HALO 3 to REACH with Forge World...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

Just now, DaveElionHUN said:

May i ask you, what endgame you want? I mean, if DE puts in a new boss two things can happen: if its too hard, evryone will cry about the game being even mire grindy. it its too weak, evryone will laugh about it, that DE cant even make a boss fight interesting. Like the last gas city boss. they say its too easy. it is, easy, but its really fun, i even play it sometimes just for the fun of it. And now, the main problem of the playerbase is, they cant get once rescource easyly, by just afking in a mission for hours. I play since like 6 or 7 years, and i still have fun on the same old missions. As i used to say, i dont farming things, i play the actual game. And, man, how much new content you want from the developers? They actually giving out one big update and a bunch of smaller ones EVERY YEAR. What else do you need? Updates like gas city every day? We just want one little, small bugfixing. I dont think it should take more than a month to fix the bugs, WHILE they are working on the next big update. And let me ask again, i really curious about the answer: what would be a good endgame in warfrmae for you?

You're right about the community and endgame. I don't care about endgame in Warframe.

But I know people are leaving because the game doesn't have one. And if DE wants to bring people back, they need to make one. Not PvP or Lunaro content.

Do I know what type of endgame Warframe needs? No. Because, like you, I know if is too hard, people will complain and ask for nerfs, if it is to easy, people will complain.

This game needs a complete rebalance before endgame content, and this the community doesn't want. Because they fear nerfs to their power fantasy.

Everybody relax, let the sound of tyl regor smooth voice sooth your tenno soul. Points are being brought up on both sides that are both true, and both false.

Admittently I have never played lunaro other than I think two rounds. Both of them with a newish player so it was funny to see these poor guys flopping around like fish in a drain. 

There hasn't been much point to playing lunaro which is why not many people play. Holding official lunaro tournaments in game would boost the game mode and prizes at the end like a umbral  forma or what have you would be a game changer. 

Theres many things DE could do to boost the game mode, but they haven't which is both curious and sad.

Even game modes taken out of the game have gotten more updates than lunaro has gotten

• Like 2

Just now, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

Lunaro assets and some basic tuning commands over the environment like gravity for example should be turned over to the new obstacle course in the dojos and DE should allow the player base to come up their own variations. Then Lunaro could be highlighted by community outreach and word of mouth....PVP has had years to coalesce into something, but hasn't budged much...DE should really turn over all assets from conclave to the community and see what they can create, much like how Bungie did with HALO 3 to REACH with Forge World...

I think that would be a very interesting idea, but i would also like dedicated servers and such to help support it along the way

Just now, evil_m3nace said:

Everybody relax, let the sound of tyl regor smooth voice sooth your tenno soul. Points are being brought up on both sides that are both true, and both false.

Admittently I have never played lunaro other than I think two rounds. Both of them with a newish player so it was funny to see these poor guys flopping around like fish in a drain. 

There hasn't been much point to playing lunaro which is why not many people play. Holding official lunaro tournaments in game would boost the game mode and prizes at the end like a umbral  forma or what have you would be a game changer. 

Theres many things DE could do to boost the game mode, but they haven't which is both curious and sad.

Even game modes taken out of the game have gotten more updates than lunaro has gotten

You know, several months ago, there were 2 community funded tournaments in lunaro, one was i think a 2000 plat tourney and the other was either 5000 or 10000, Such events did actually draw in some newer people, but not many, official events would definitely help the game mode a lot imo

• Like 1