Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE's handling of Lunaro

The_Great_Hawk

22 minutes ago, The_Great_Hawk said:

I would also like to say, a lot of the people that play conclave, and Lunaro, don't play public, because they don't want to wreck all the noobs and make them never want to play it again...

If so, that doesn't help with the perception that the game modes are dead.

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hawk said:

But if you are a noob, and some pro absolutely annihilates you 20-0 in your first game, you're not gonna want to play it again, are you?

Just now, Paladinun said:

they are dead for you we have an entire community to play it everyday

When you need to jump through some hoops to get to a game that frankly, a small percentage of players play, it's already not the best thing to have for it to gain more players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renegade343 said:

When you need to jump through some hoops to get to a game that frankly, a small percentage of players play, it's already not the best thing to have for it to gain more players.

If you are actually interested in playing, you wanna play a game or 2?

I could show you what i mean by annihilation, and then i could teach you a bit if you want

Edited by The_Great_Hawk
  • Like 1

Just now, The_Great_Hawk said:

If you are actually interested in playing, you wanna play a game or 2?

No, because I realized years ago that I turn assholish really quickly whenever I play PVP games. For the sake of my and everyone's well-being, I stopped.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renegade343 said:

No, because I realized years ago that I turn assholish really quickly whenever I play PVP games. For the sake of my and everyone's well-being, I stopped.

Sounds like your a good guy, but hit me up if you ever do wanna get 'annihilated' kek

personally lunaro looks neat i playin the practice room just for the kinda bounce a ball around and think kinda deal not all that into competitive sports or pvp in general i get terrible performance anxiety for example: rainbow 6 if my ability to kill people could be flipped to my enemies i be pretty good since i can flick on my allies when i get scared very well efficiently im about as skittish as a ally cat 

if dojos got a lunaro room hosting games could be rather easy and if we could edit or make our own maps i can see community interest going up personally im still waiting for the lunaro balls to become a PVE weapon like they showed in a devstream several moons ago hell if we ever get playable komi boards i see a community thing in that if we can make our own game room 

hmm maybe thats what we need a room or series of customizable rooms dedicated to just playing games and arcade of sorts take a break from mass genocide and slaughter and go play some komi or something 

One thing i really don't get is that people complain that DE aren't being creative enough, things are just repetitive, but when they add something COMPLETELY different , like lunaro for example, the true trolling side of the community comes to life and we get a ton of S#&$posters coming in saying how bad DE trying to be creative is... SMH

1 hour ago, The_Great_Hawk said:

One thing i really don't get is that people complain that DE aren't being creative enough, things are just repetitive, but when they add something COMPLETELY different , like lunaro for example, the true trolling side of the community comes to life and we get a ton of S#&$posters coming in saying how bad DE trying to be creative is... SMH

The vast majority of the player base has 0 interest in any PvP. It's just that simple. They could add all the bells and whistles to it they want, at the end of the day, it's still PvP.  

Just now, Paradoxity said:

The vast majority of the player base has 0 interest in any PvP. It's just that simple. They could add all the bells and whistles to it they want, at the end of the day, it's still PvP.  

But DE should still fix their game-mode, they could make it standalone if they wanted, they could make it function on a different version, i dont care, I just want to be able to play the game mode i love again...

Still, Luneiro has 4 big problems, and those problems just keep it dead. They will keep it unpopular, even if DE will manage to fix bugs. 3 problems:

- no worthy rewards (who will play lunaro for long time if  once you will just have all skins and conclave mods, or other things which you spend your conclave standing for.)

- you do not need to play to be rewarded, because daily missions kill even the smallest reasons to play. Like players who join conclave sessions via friends, do their challenges and wait for match to be over, and quit lunaro. Uncool/

- No balance ( I (1500+wins)often see players who play this mode first time in public game against me, but this might be  because there were no another players in matchmaker)

- no worthy tutorial. (teshin saying few sentences in practice mode is not even approximately enough to understand all the lunaro)

5 hours ago, aswitz87 said:

Raids were bugged to high heaven and DE decided trying to fix them was not worth the effort

And how exactly does PvP differ from that? OP is asking for fixes for the gamemode, thus meaning that PvP is broken as well. Lunaro will have its THIRD anniversary next week, and the game mode is still busted after all these years. Regular PvP is even older content and it has been ignored by DE for god knows how long.

15 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

And how exactly does PvP differ from that? OP is asking for fixes for the gamemode, thus meaning that PvP is broken as well. Lunaro will have its THIRD anniversary next week, and the game mode is still busted after all these years. Regular PvP is even older content and it has been ignored by DE for god knows how long.

Simple.

PvP doesn't break with every single update they do.

From what I've gathered, some bugs in Lunaro have accumulated over time but it was still playable. Then the melee changes of the Chimera update have bled into it and made it much worse. It wouldn't hurt to have a look at it in once in a few years, right?

In Conclave it's a bit different. There the problem is mostly caused by weapon balance. Because they decided to make Conclave stats dependent on PvE stats of a weapon (great idea in hindsight /s), every change of PvE values bleeds into the Conclave, too. Until recently, there was ~7 months where nothing happened at all (stat changes, Chroma P got enabled, though). Then some things were finally addressed, an example of which is that they removed Zaws from the Conclave (as requested).

Yes, you read that right. Removing things from the Conclave makes it better these days, that's the state of neglect it is in.

Edited by Kontrollo
side note
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Raids literally broke either themselves or other parts of the game every single update.  Even some of the hotfixes.  Most PvP fixes have been when new weapons are added and just need the right stat adjustment for balance, and all of its breakage ONLY effects PvP content, never the other way around.

• Like 1

On 2019-06-07 at 1:53 AM, Paladinun said:

I am the moderator of the lunaro server i will be taking replys and questions for the night (i will leave sometimes 30 minutes or less but i reply when i get back)

Hello dude i have a question
how much of the server rules you can change ?
like disable double jump or wall watch etc ?
modding weapons ?

3 hours ago, J1ha7 said:

Hello dude i have a question
how much of the server rules you can change ?
like disable double jump or wall watch etc ?
modding weapons ?

what? and i am so sorry for the delay on questions and replyes i was occupied so yeah

Edited by Paladinun

If one of the fixes is to add a PVE only, solo mode where you can play against teams of bots, then I'd consider giving Lunaro a try.  As long as it's any form of PVP... No.  I'm not the target audience, and I have no interest in competing with other players.  Ever.

Complete eradication of Lunaro is our only option.

Seriously, the only good thing Lunaro brought to us was the Riv Elite Armor set. It bears no other significance to the game but at least it's not as broken as Raids did.

You can tell Lunaro was pretty much fated to be born dead because there is no way it can work with the P2P connection which Warframe based on.

Edited by Marvelous_A