Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lag in Asia Server

(PSN)yj-u_4

20 hours ago, (PS4)yj-u_4 said:

Oh I didn't know that 😮

Where do you play? Do you have lag?

In Asia, large or small, lag always happens...

If my network is bad, well...

😭

I live in Asia and play in NA server with no lag between me or my hosts, so yes your network is bad

there is no "game server", the thing an actual server does is matchmake players to each other, if you lag its because your connection to the host is bad for whatever reason, either a problem your end or theirs.

See that team list on your HUD?  see the teammate with a "1" next to them?  thats your host/server.

On 2019-06-08 at 10:46 PM, (PS4)yj-u_4 said:

Oh I didn't know that 😮

Where do you play? Do you have lag?

In Asia, large or small, lag always happens...

If my network is bad, well...

😭

Warframe uses Peer-to-Peer networking (P2P) meaning that other players in your team are the hosts...unless you are playing solo, in which case you are your own host.

Somebody mentioned on another thread that DE have worked on the code for this as much as they can and that any continuing problems are beyond their control.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

2 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Warframe uses Peer-to-Peer networking (P2P) meaning that other players in your team are the hosts...unless you are playing solo, in which case you are your own host.

Somebody mentioned on another thread that DE have worked on the code for this as much as they can and that any continuing problems are beyond their control.

OK they are doing what they can

I don't know well how the Warframe online system or "Peer-to-Peer" system works, so I say I just "hope"

I need an adjustment to my WiFi 🤔

Thank you! ❤

On 2019-06-11 at 12:41 PM, (PS4)yj-u_4 said:

Thank you for replying me, and I just know the problem is on my network... 

Still I hope Digital Extremes do something with this if they can

this is an issue that can never ever be "fixed", and there is no such thing as "my connection is perfect", your connection may be perfect on another game but the route your connection takes to different games is ofc different, just because you play with zero issues on say Path of Exile does not mean that all other games should also be just as quick/nimble/lag free.

Just think of a train network and all the train stations in-between the tracks, you could travel from the top of scotland and go to the bottom of england by using several different routes, just because a route taking the east coast in scotland gets to its destination does not mean that the west cost route is just as smooth, they are both totally different, the same applies to your connection at your house to your isp and the game you play, there is a complex multi-point cable/line network involved.

Then remember that warframe and many other games use a P2P system so the host can literally be anywhere, so you could easily have a perfectly fine connection to a host in 1 location and have a devastatingly garbage connection to the next host who is somewhere else, "my connection is fine" does not even factor in here as its completely incorrect and irrelevant for P2P games.