Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

infinite damage (in index)

Biwadup

There is a way to make the damage from your weapon scale infinitely (up to 100+ million). I have encountered this in index (medium) but not tested in any other missions so I don not know if it can be done in other missions. I took some screenshots as proof, but I don not know how to add them here so I would appreciate any help with that. I'm also not entirely certain how it is done, but it has happened twice for me and the squad had some of the same frames.  

Probably Banshee Sonar and another frame with armor remove, with maybe a buffer like Chroma or Rhino or one with a modded exalted weapon. (But then again at that point cc is far more useful than overkill damage)

Also, this is an intended feature, lol, this is literally the point of some frames existence.

Edited by kgabor

I think it is best to not give information out so it can be fixed properly. I will add this: the enemies did have armor and were very high leveled since we were in the index for about one hour.

Edited by Biwadup
clarification

I don't mean to sound rude or anything but...
What were you smoking and where can I get some?

The damage cap of the game can be easily reached with frames like banshee sonar spamming cooperating with dmg buffers like chroma and rhino. it's been around since those frames exist. There are builds that are centered around that. the fact that you didn't know it exists doesn't make it an exploit.

Covert lethality daggers oneshot any level mob as long as they've been finished. does that mean that frames that open enemies to finishers are exploiting? no. it's a legit strategy and it's been in the game for a long time.

maybe do some research before seeing a big number and immediately calling HAX .

the maximum damage in the game is the max 32 bit signed int , or  2,147,483,647 (unless DE updated their variables to be 64 bit then it's a LOT more)

I know that banshee exists and how she works, but she wasn't in the team, no covert lethality, just primary/secondary weapon that scaled infinitely, no armor strip. That's what leads me to believe that it's not supposed to be in the game. 

4 minutes ago, Biwadup said:

I know that banshee exists and how she works, but she wasn't in the team, no covert lethality, just primary/secondary weapon that scaled infinitely, no armor strip. That's what leads me to believe that it's not supposed to be in the game. 

Which frames did they use then?

Might have been some broken direct damage dealing frame, like Saryn or Equinox.

Also, Toxin or Corrosive modded Torid or other AoE is also likely with a buffer frame, they are often used.

Maybe a direct Slash damage-status Tigris or a sniper if it's a single target weapon.

I was using corinth and catchmoon (no riven) with radiation damage, no melee was used. No hunter munitions, just straight one-shot. But the fact that it worked on two weapons makes me believe that the weapon itself didn't matter. No saryn Condition overload and abilities weren't killing, my weapons were.

edit: and like i said, i think it is best not to tell everyone on how to "break" the game as some might call it. It's not supposed to be a thing so it should not be used

also the combination of revenant 1 and 3 were not used before you throw that one at me

Edited by Biwadup

If most of your Index enemies wore alloy armor, radiation damage also does some bonus damage modifier against them.

Heavy robotics, like Bursas, Razorback, Hyenas and Raptors tend to have alloy armor.

Also Corinth does ok damage, you had a minmaxing buffer in your team most likely.

there was rhino to buff damage, but even a rhino shouldn't be able to give that much strength that you can hit enemies with armor of lvl 300+ and still deal millions per hit. Also it was a public game, no special team comp made to kill them fast. You can believe me when I say it's not supposed to be in the game

Edited by Biwadup
typo