Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void beam sword amps anyone?

Dontuspowerus

4 hours ago, Shaburanigud said:

I just think that if we had the option to switch amps and have another melee amp we could just go with full set of stances and arcanes.
We could have Wrist blades, Lightsabers, Dual Wrist Blades, Dual bladed scythes, Light whips etc. etc.
We need to fix operators anyway so they do more then just be a tool for survival or be used for just specific boss patterns anyway.

MY LIFE FOR AIUR! (Void dashes into a barrage of Grineer bullets)

Oh crack, you just gave me a huge Galatine Prime sized Bone of an Idea. That will work out, with the Operator's low hp, it's gonna be so well balanced.... FOR THE MAN EMPEROR OF MAN'S MANKIND! HIYAAAAA*Charging at the Gargantulyst's Knee while it started to stomp the ground*

Lemme try working something out for modular Operator Melees. You have four parts - the Grip, the Prism, the Lens and the Charger.

The Grip determines the weapons grip type, affecting its general stats - range, base damage, what have you. It also determines the actual, well, grip of the weapon. The Prism determines damage distribution and the look of the energy coming out - if it's a blade or spikes or the like. The Lens is an actual Focus Lens, determining an extra bonus based on school of lens used, and acts as a sort of 'gem' on the weapon. Lastly, you have the charger, which serves kind of like the Link for Zaws - supplementary stats like status and crit stats, and all that fun stuff, being where the weapon is attached to when not in use.

Spoilers for compaction.

Grips:

Spoiler

You have three - 'Conventional', 'Gauntlet' and 'Palms'.

Conventional is a single-handed hilt, like you would find on a normal weapon or tool. These are pretty middle-of-the-road in terms of damage and range.

Gauntlet is worn around the hand, so you grip on a handle and it's mounted to the back of the hand. This mimics the motion and look of a wrist-mounted weapon, whilst not taking up the space of the also wrist-mounted amps. Worn similar to Albedo's Omnitrix in Ben 10 Omniverse. These deal high damage but obviously have very short range.

Spoiler

Image result for ben 10 albedo omnitrixThat's right, spoilers within spoilers, we're talking inception here boys.

Lastly, Palms are thin 'gloves' that attach to both palms. Instead of producing a weapon, they magnify the Operator's 'unarmed' combat skills, also allowing them to produce wide.

Prism:

Spoiler

There are four. All melee amps deal Void damage and a physical damage type in a 50/50 split, but Prisms determine what that physical type is.

Convergence: All three in equal measure. Produces a more void-y weapon. An exalted blade lookalike for conventional, a wreath of energy for gauntlet and palms

Razor Edge: Slash. Produces a bladed look - Katana for conventional, a dagger blade for gauntlet and cresent shaped blasts on palms.

Bludgeon: Impact. Produces a weapon for bashing. Club for Conventional, a boxing glove/giant fist for gauntlet and spherical blasts on palms.

Final Point: Puncture. Produces a spiky weapon. A dagger-axe (similar to the skin) in hatchet size for conventional, a pair of spikes for gauntlet, and cone-shaped blasts for palms.

Lens:

Spoiler

Pretty simple.

Madurai: Damage bonus.

Zenurik: Range Bonus.

Unariu: Bonus defence whilst weapon drawn.

Vazarin: restores 5 health per hit (like healing return)

Naramon: weak versions of all of the above (since they're a school that prioritises melee, giving them the best 'all rounder' makes sense)

Links are pretty similar to Zaw links, so you can probably figure the gist of them, and I also don't want to be here all day.

That would definitely be awesome, introducing operator melee weapon amps. There could definitely be some crazy stuff they could make up, since their void energy is probably technically weightless like a lightsaber, you could make amps that create melee weapons much larger than the operator could physically hold if it were not made of void energy, such as operator greatswords, ball and chains, great axes etc. You could also go small, the possibilities are endless, plus I would really like something other than that weird boop the operator does for a melee attack that does so little damage.

Edited by birdobash

They'd first need to get our operators to be less squishy and less slow for melee range to be an option.

Even counting focus and arcanes operators still are slow and squishy, just less so assuming the best case, nevermind how easily they get chewed up by toxic and fire damage.

If they solve this with an Operator 2.0 thing then sure, I'd be down for going all Jedi on the enemy masses.

On 2019-06-19 at 11:03 AM, Aldain said:

They'd first need to get our operators to be less squishy and less slow for melee range to be an option.

Even counting focus and arcanes operators still are slow and squishy, just less so assuming the best case, nevermind how easily they get chewed up by toxic and fire damage.

If they solve this with an Operator 2.0 thing then sure, I'd be down for going all Jedi on the enemy masses.

Hehehe... all Jedi... hehehe... I'll go full Elite sword in halo

On 2019-06-18 at 12:57 AM, Loza03 said:

Lemme try working something out for modular Operator Melees. You have four parts - the Grip, the Prism, the Lens and the Charger.

The Grip determines the weapons grip type, affecting its general stats - range, base damage, what have you. It also determines the actual, well, grip of the weapon. The Prism determines damage distribution and the look of the energy coming out - if it's a blade or spikes or the like. The Lens is an actual Focus Lens, determining an extra bonus based on school of lens used, and acts as a sort of 'gem' on the weapon. Lastly, you have the charger, which serves kind of like the Link for Zaws - supplementary stats like status and crit stats, and all that fun stuff, being where the weapon is attached to when not in use.

Spoilers for compaction.

Grips:

Reveal hidden contents

You have three - 'Conventional', 'Gauntlet' and 'Palms'.

Conventional is a single-handed hilt, like you would find on a normal weapon or tool. These are pretty middle-of-the-road in terms of damage and range.

Gauntlet is worn around the hand, so you grip on a handle and it's mounted to the back of the hand. This mimics the motion and look of a wrist-mounted weapon, whilst not taking up the space of the also wrist-mounted amps. Worn similar to Albedo's Omnitrix in Ben 10 Omniverse. These deal high damage but obviously have very short range.

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for ben 10 albedo omnitrixThat's right, spoilers within spoilers, we're talking inception here boys.

Lastly, Palms are thin 'gloves' that attach to both palms. Instead of producing a weapon, they magnify the Operator's 'unarmed' combat skills, also allowing them to produce wide.

Prism:

Reveal hidden contents

There are four. All melee amps deal Void damage and a physical damage type in a 50/50 split, but Prisms determine what that physical type is.

Convergence: All three in equal measure. Produces a more void-y weapon. An exalted blade lookalike for conventional, a wreath of energy for gauntlet and palms

Razor Edge: Slash. Produces a bladed look - Katana for conventional, a dagger blade for gauntlet and cresent shaped blasts on palms.

Bludgeon: Impact. Produces a weapon for bashing. Club for Conventional, a boxing glove/giant fist for gauntlet and spherical blasts on palms.

Final Point: Puncture. Produces a spiky weapon. A dagger-axe (similar to the skin) in hatchet size for conventional, a pair of spikes for gauntlet, and cone-shaped blasts for palms.

Lens:

Reveal hidden contents

Pretty simple.

Madurai: Damage bonus.

Zenurik: Range Bonus.

Unariu: Bonus defence whilst weapon drawn.

Vazarin: restores 5 health per hit (like healing return)

Naramon: weak versions of all of the above (since they're a school that prioritises melee, giving them the best 'all rounder' makes sense)

Links are pretty similar to Zaw links, so you can probably figure the gist of them, and I also don't want to be here all day.

You forgot the Foldable Grips where we can use it for maximum efficiency with void dash but low damage if not void dashing, or simply not in void mode, it's like the yolo of all the grips, and you can either go and fold and unfold them during battle by Void cloaking or dashing for inconvenience.

Also, we need the secondary gun atatchment for killing some vomvalyst when out of range. Then, everything's now fixed.

Great Idea but hahaha No, No one touches my Excalibur. I've been working on different builds for him ever seen I started using him in 2016. From builds that make nezha look slow to builds that can obliterate Lv. 120 Bombards, even ones that are suited for the customization choices I put on him. 

coz a lot of fans always keep refering them as trans didnt put ember and ash in for their genders GIF P.S. the prime variation is the sun and umbra is the moon, No cares about equinox

18 hours ago, (XB1)FierySanctum said:

Great Idea but hahaha No, No one touches my Excalibur. I've been working on different builds for him ever seen I started using him in 2016. From builds that make nezha look slow to builds that can obliterate Lv. 120 Bombards, even ones that are suited for the customization choices I put on him. 

coz a lot of fans always keep refering them as trans didnt put ember and ash in for their genders GIF P.S. the prime variation is the sun and umbra is the moon, No cares about equinox

So, you don't like Excalibur having a Nuke? It is also Lore friendly because there is no way that the tenno can handle a gigantic sentient. Besides, no one's using the Heavy Attacks that much anyway.

dbyr4um-b30b4b6c-96bc-448e-be20-92529fec(Gundam 00 Season 2)

So, calm down, it's just Excal needs this so it can differentiate from the tenno. Because warframes are made to harness the void energies and by providing the tenno a similar way to do it like excal, Excal SHOULD have this.